PDA

View Full Version : Fuzion Toyhauler: pics of jeep inside

cmd11
July 31st, 2010, 02:03 PM
In another thread, I promised to post some pics of my jeep inside the Fuzion.

here's the jeep:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/coreydaspit/ee67f7e5.jpg

inside shot:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/coreydaspit/2f69c587.jpg

from the back:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/coreydaspit/5006c177.jpg

view from the side looking in the rear door:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/coreydaspit/05a656cc.jpg

I have about another foot of room at the front of the jeep and as you can see I have about 3 feet of room at the back. In that last shot, it's actually about 6 inches to far forward for towing. It would need to be back 6 inches to reduce the pin weight a little.

tows great, although it's a little slow on the hills. Braking is fine. The trailer has three 6k lbs axles with 12in drum brakes on all wheels - it can easily stop this train.

Edit: Went to the weight station before heading to BV with the wife. I wanted to know what the true weight of the camper was.

GCW- 25060 lbs (this is the truck, camper ready to camp and no water, jeep inside camper)

Steer Axle - 4400 lbs
Drive Axle - 5000 lbs
Camper Axles - 15360

Truck by itself - 7700 lbs with full tank of fuel, no driver.

The jeep ready to wheel is 4880 lbs with fuel.

Pin weight it 1700 lbs, total trailer weight is 17060 lbs with jeep, 12180 lbs without (all weights are without water, but with a fuel tank of generator fuel, 2 30lb LP cylinders, and clothing, food, ect).

enjoy.

view of the entire toy hauler:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll315/coreydaspit/28966_405850650479_647975479_4220511_2650178_n.jpg

jph3
July 31st, 2010, 02:40 PM
Whats your outside tire width?

Nice rig btw

GM4X4LOVER
July 31st, 2010, 02:43 PM
wow :hail: thats the dream set up. Is that a Florida plate is spy?

cmd11
July 31st, 2010, 02:50 PM
Whats your outside tire width?

Nice rig btw

Thanks! :)

it's 83in overall width (well the front axle is). the rear is a little narrower.

full width gm axles and 42in iroks. wheels are cragar soft 8s, 17x8.5 with standard offset.

cmd11
July 31st, 2010, 02:51 PM
J
wow :hail: thats the dream set up. Is that a Florida plate is spy?

yep.

MikeyG
July 31st, 2010, 03:54 PM
Nice setup. I have always wondered if one could put a built CJ in one of those toy haulers...It looks great in there!

cmd11
July 31st, 2010, 04:13 PM
I had to do two things to get it in there:

1. reposition the lower bunk by moving it up higher. there were extra screw holes in the lift mechanism to allow for this.

2. remove the flip out sofa from the driver's side wall. it wouldn't lay flat enough against the wall to allow for the driver's front tire to slip past and was pushing the windshield frame into the over cabinet on the pass side.

i have a wheeling buddy who puts his 69 bronco in his hauler, which is the exact same one i have. his bronco is on 38s and he has a ton of room.

Flake
July 31st, 2010, 08:55 PM
Looks like a really nice set up.
Any idea how much the toy hauler weighs without the Jeep?

cmd11
July 31st, 2010, 09:10 PM
Looks like a really nice set up.
Any idea how much the toy hauler weighs without the Jeep?

12,800 lbs.

COcummins
July 31st, 2010, 10:54 PM
very nice:beer::thumbsup:

what's the overall length of the jeep?
is your tow rig stock or have you modded it?

cmd11
August 1st, 2010, 06:33 AM
overall length of the jeep is 13ft from fair lead to rear tow hitch. the garage is measured at 16ft in the trailer, however there is about a foot and a half that isn't included in that measurement because it doesn't have the rubberized floor.

the truck has been modded with bags, exhaust break, reese 20k slider hitch, and a TST performance box. Everything else is stock.

CGuava
August 1st, 2010, 11:22 AM
Corey, I've been in my cousin's hauler which I believe is the exact same as yours, but they have a loft (not sure if yours does). It's nice, but it's HUGE! I don't know how you guys trailer those things. I'm worried enough with my 25' car hauler. How does it trailer with the weight in the back like that? You ready to wheel?

cmd11
August 1st, 2010, 06:17 PM
I think the Fuzion 382 is the only version with the combined garage as part of the living space. We looked at the others with the separate garage and loft and found the space wasn't long enough to fit the jeep, and it would position the jeep so far back behind the axles that the pin weight would be too light, and cause handling issues. the combined space lets me move the jeep far enough forward so that the pin weight is sufficient to keep trailer swap at bay.

Christian, don't get me wrong, this thing is very heavy with the jeep in the back. the truck isn't hurting in the power department and it can pull the trailer at speed (55 is my limit though). It just takes some concentration and paying close attention to what's going on around and in front of you.

anyway, yet the jeep is running and back together. I have to install some new fuel pickups but that's about it.

mushroomax
August 1st, 2010, 07:40 PM
Wow, nice setup. I didn't realize the ramps for those things could handle something as heavy as a built trail rig.....good to know now though as I will keep this in mind.

cmd11
August 1st, 2010, 07:47 PM
I thought that too, but considering only one axle is physically on the ramp at a time makes it doable.

Rex Ashton
August 1st, 2010, 10:54 PM
First: I really dig your Jeep. :thumbsup: ....If I were to acquire another rig, that's where I'd want to go with it. :beer:

Second: just a smidge envious. :cool:

CGuava
August 1st, 2010, 11:42 PM

x2.

Corey, that thing is cool. You're right though, my cousin's is a separate garage/living space. So there's is different, still triple axle and 40' or so long. Should be fun when using it for the trail this fall! LMK when you want to go. :thumbsup:

cmd11
August 2nd, 2010, 07:05 AM
First: I really dig your Jeep. :thumbsup: ....If I were to acquire another rig, that's where I'd want to go with it. :beer:

oddly enough, we are going away from the jeep. My family is too big for it now. We had triplet boys 15 mos ago, and so we are now a family of 6. trying to figure out how to get everyone into a single vehicle is a challenge.

this jeep has served me well though. I have owned it since 1991 and it's been changed many, many times. It's probably due for retirement.

cmd11
August 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM
x2.

Corey, that thing is cool. You're right though, my cousin's is a separate garage/living space. So there's is different, still triple axle and 40' or so long. Should be fun when using it for the trail this fall! LMK when you want to go. :thumbsup:

sounds like he has the 393 version. very nice ride (and also heavier than mine).

my wife and I are going to BV Aug 20th... that will be the first time out since last year :(

In Oct, we are going to Moab for a week (bringing the brood for that trip). I still want to get a quick trip down to Indy one last time before the CJ gets parted this winter.

ZJROCKRIG
August 2nd, 2010, 09:34 PM
trying to figure out how to get everyone into a single vehicle is a challenge.

Thats easy, you just need 5 more Jeeps! :P