View Full Version : Wiring harness

June 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Any suggestions where I can get a wiring harness tomorrow (for my Jeep)?

Lampert Hitch has one in stock, but they are only open until 5pm, and not on Saturdays. Unfortunately there's no way I can ever get to them during their business hours.

Any other suggestions?

Edit - answered my own question, further from home, but at least they are open Saturdays:

June 25th, 2010, 09:56 AM
What do you need it for? To tow your jeep? Call any RV store with a parts department. They will have everything you need. I have also had great luck with Parker Trailer as well.

But that is only guessing based on your post and the fact that you referenced "hitch".

June 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry, it's the trailer light wiring harness so I can pull my M416 with my Jeep.

And you would think any "RV store" would have what I want, but I called 4 of them and they all told me it would need to be ordered. I'd like to have it tomorrow.

June 25th, 2010, 10:16 AM
jeep dealers usually carry them also.

June 28th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Ah, I have even seen them at walmart. Sorry got back to this late. My guess is you may need to order the specific one, but a generic one should work fine with some new connections.

I have never had a problem finding light wiring kits for trailers. Got a generic 4 pin wiring harness for my boat trailer at Bass Pro Shops.

June 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Bill, I think he is talking about the harness for the back of the jeep. the late model stuff with the the 3rd brakelight, and all, has to have an app specific harness back there, We had to get one for the libby when i put the hitch on it..

June 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Oh and FYI, we picked ours up from Pro.

June 29th, 2010, 10:38 AM
You are correct, I needed (wanted) the Jeep specific harness.

I even called the local dealers, and everyone said they had to order it, they also wanted almost 2x what everyone else wanted.

I made the drive to the place out in Littleton (C470 and Kipling). It took a lot longer to drive out there and back than it did to install. Simple plug and play.