PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, Marfa ORR site now up

scottycards
June 3rd, 2010, 04:20 PM
http://mporr.net/

Click on the links for photos of the road.

Holy cats that looks fun.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Steve
June 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
Is that curve in pic 3 really that far off camber? It looks pretty stupidly banked the wrong way; hopefully it's just the angle of the pic. Since the sign says 55 it should be good for at least 110 in the Vette. :D

I'm game. :evil:

Are we the only ones from here doing the Bonneville race later this month?

redcj7
June 3rd, 2010, 09:40 PM
I get an error on every page. Anyone else having that issue?

Keep those comments to yourself, Scotty.

Mcstiff
June 3rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
Yeah, the home page looks ok but nothing else seems to be up.

scottycards
June 4th, 2010, 05:38 AM
It's working for me. You guys really need Macs.

Oct 13-16. Looks at least as twisty and hilly as BBORR.

Steve
June 4th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Last night I got an error trying to access anything but the main page. Today everything seems to be working. :shrug:

Entry fee is pretty reasonable for this one. :thumbsup:

scottycards
June 4th, 2010, 09:54 AM
I'll get the lowdown, and let you know. The guy organizing it used to do the BBORR way back in the day.

You know Mike Powers- lives in Alpine. I'll give him a call this weekend, and find out if this is worth pursuing.

_CJ
June 4th, 2010, 10:18 AM
You guys are killing me.

Course looks nice, price looks right. must....finish....car.

_CJ
July 1st, 2010, 10:54 AM
Any new info on this race? Thinking pretty seriously about entering. All I need are new seat belts and a new helmet. I've got a 3.00 pig ready to go in the rear end.

scottycards
July 2nd, 2010, 05:44 AM
The race is happening. Looks like the only tough part will be lodging. From what I gather, staying in Alpine will be the best low-cost option.

I'm going to try to make it- will have to see if time off allows, etc. I talked to a few people who ran the road, and it's apparently a bit curvier than Big Bend, so it'll definitely be sweet.

_CJ
July 2nd, 2010, 07:19 AM
Consulted with the wife, it looks like we have a lot going on in October but I might be able to make it work.

The course looks pretty sweet. Lots of curves and elevation changes. Starts at 4450, goes up to 5450, finishes at 3000. www.lonestarcorvette.com/jdt_cma/uploads...Bound_At_800_MPH.wmv