PDA

View Full Version : Review of the New MT/R Sticky Tires

Dstx12
May 3rd, 2010, 07:43 PM
Thought this was a great review - just from EJS 2010.

http://www.pnwjeep.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21950

Social Blunder
May 3rd, 2010, 08:39 PM
Hey, here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YklrHMU_X9k&feature=related

liamxj
May 4th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Good info, i need a set in a bad way! :drool: I have the old MT/R's now and love them. But these just seam to work so much better!

Will

HHHAmilton
May 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM
How bout them Krawlers

Cresso
May 4th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Are Goodyear stickies as unobtainable as stickies from other manufacturers? I.e. those of us without comp buddies are SOL?

Dstx12
May 4th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately, these stickies are no different in that regards - to get your hands on a set of these you pretty much have to be an industry person.

jeff@rokmen
May 4th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Actually the Goodyear stickies are not industry only, they were "debuting" them to the public at EJS. There will be a limited # of dealers who will be selling them but the average joe will be able to get their hands on a set. No idea on price or availability but very cool that they aren't comp only...

Social Blunder
May 10th, 2010, 11:51 AM
not available to the 'average joe', they will be available to the 'enthusiast'. a little bit easier to get ahold of than the BFG's. Production is going to be limited so getting them will still not be as easy as walking into a Discount Tire and having them slapped on. It's pretty gray about how they are gonna differentiate from the average to the enthusiast....time will tell. I don't think that Goodyear exactly knows how they are gonna handle the situation. I mean, they don't even have an actual name for the tire besides "stickies".

Chris J
February 8th, 2011, 10:44 PM
So whatever became of these. Are they available to the public through anywhere?

RockyRed
February 9th, 2011, 05:23 AM
I just bought a set of 4 from the only authorized dealer (or so I'm told).

He's in Calf, you got the bucks, he'll send you the stickies...

I got the 42"s, a friend of mine on this forum gave me the info, he may chime in.

$50 each shipping, $600 plus each tire. Took about 4 days to get here.

I been running Maxxis 40"s for years, a great tire and in my opinion a much stronger sidewall....but I just put on the MT/R's and did Farmington (which I had done a # of times on the Maxxis.....I did things there the Maxxis never let me do....I'm sold on the MT/R's.....JMHO

PM me if you need the info.........................

Impaired
February 9th, 2011, 08:43 AM
Goodness, that was a nice slow crawl of Suicied Hill in Area BFE. 110" Wheelbase handled it well. The second guy that went over was 1.5' to far to the left for sure. Can't wait to give that one a shot at the end of April.

I know it is an old post but thanks for brining it back to life and great example of a good set of rubber and well set up jeep:thumbsup:

CGuava
February 9th, 2011, 09:50 AM
I did a crazy search for MTR stickies over that last month or so. Some of the known fab shops in the nation have them, but shipping is killer. Tried to work out a deal with a local shop and it proved to be pretty difficult to source the stickies. Even from an authorized GY dealer. Price sounds about right.

I did find some Sticky Krawlers though.

MonsterZ
February 9th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Here's the guy RockyRed and I used to get them. All it took was a phone call and a credit card. ;)

Bob Standage at (760) 922-3191 jstadrx@pirate4x4.com