View Full Version : 3" Icon Leveling Kit on '02 superduty

May 3rd, 2010, 10:38 AM
I finally got my leveling kit installed on my truck over the weekend.

This kit eliminates the stock bash bar :(
the big hardware was TIGHT! I broke one breaker bar.

But I am very happy with the end result. The kit appears to be well made and was a pretty straight forward install. Along with this, I installed Bilstein shocks all around (waiting on the steering stabilizer shock) and an adjustable track bar.

Before (2):

And After:

Stay tuned for Wheels and tires...

May 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Sweet!!! That looks good. I hear icon is quality stuff. What size wheels and tires are you going with?

May 3rd, 2010, 04:08 PM
looks like it came out great.

May 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks! My plan was to run 20x9's with a 305/55r20 tire. But I may go with a bigger tire now that I know exactly what my clearance is under the garage door. There is more there than anticipated. But then that brings me back to square one with tires as I had a set picked out, but they don't make a 20" E-rated tire in any other size than stated above.

May 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
Did you get before and after measurements? Did it really lift it 3"?

May 3rd, 2010, 04:36 PM
Sadly, getting measurements was an afterthought! However, since you retain the stock springs and all that is moved is the mounting location of the springs (down 3"), I assume I got a true 3".

May 5th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Clean looking! I had to use a 1" impact to loosen the front spring bolts that go thru the bushing and that was even difficult. Those hanger kits are kind of a bastard to install. Did you buy an adjustable trac bar or lengthen your stock one?

May 5th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Thanks! Yeah, that's where I broke my breaker bar and getting the track bar bolts loose were tough as well, so yeah, got an adjustable track bar. It is made by http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=204 I had it powder coated too!

I also ground two flats in one end to be able to turn it. Turns out I needed at least two more.

I took a carpenters square pre-lift and made a mark on the upper leaf spring plate on each side so that I could adjust the new track bar to get it in the ball-park after the lift.

May 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
Sweet, I just sleeved mine to save some coin, also took my rear shocks and put em in the front for more travel and put some ranchos that were given to me in the rear. I call it the recession lift, haha.

May 5th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Whatever it takes!! Actually I feel a got a pretty good deal on all of it.

May 6th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Any pics of the actual lift? I have a 2000 F350 that is beggin for a level kit.

May 6th, 2010, 09:06 PM
It's just a taller set of front spring hangers and longer shackles. You can kinda see what they are on the Icon site. I have one picture of a bracket installed, but not with me right now. Will see if I can get it uploaded later.

May 27th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Get your tires yet???

May 28th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Nope. Really, I am still trying to find wheels that I like that ARE NOT on backorder or $1000 a piece. I might have a line on some now, so I hope to be doing this soon. But that's what I was saying a month or two ago as well.

Bigo1966 - the pictures I promised:

August 4th, 2010, 10:03 PM
Get some wheels yet?? Still like the lift?? We want pics!! :flipoff2:

August 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM
No I did not. Honestly I have given up on the custom wheel search for a while because everything was either over priced or on backorder.

But since my tires were almost 7 years old and needed replaced anyway, I did find some cool craigslist tires.

After, Toyo MT's 285/75r16:

I get a little rubbing when I turn left, but that's a simple matter of shortening the spacer holding the mud flap on.

I do still like the lift. With the bilsteins, it rides a little better than stock and looks much better.

Sorry, I know you wanted to see some bling, but this is the best I can do.

August 5th, 2010, 10:16 AM
Nah Id rather not see bling...

August 5th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Looks good. I am not a fan of bling either.

August 6th, 2010, 08:35 AM
Lol. Well someday I'll get some bling, but I would imagine these tire will last me a couple years.