PDA

View Full Version : Automated subscriptions not so automated anymore

Eric
February 28th, 2010, 09:05 PM
If you tried to renew your Premium Membership recently, or tried to upgrade an account for the first time, you probably noticed that your account didn't actually get updated. Paypal changed something in the past few weeks and the automated account upgrades are no longer being processed like they're supposed to. I'm trying to get this fixed but in the meantime I'm processing the upgrades manually. Unfortunately this can take a few days until I'm able to log in so I apologize for the inconvenience. I believe I have all the payments caught up through today so if you paid for an account upgrade and haven't received it send me an email (ericruhl@yahoo.com) and I'll take care of it. Thanks for your patience, I'll post an update when we get this fixed.

birddog59
April 5th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Thanks for getting mine fixed in a day!

Eric
April 6th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks for getting mine fixed in a day!
I'm glad we were able to catch it early :beer:

This is still an open issue and neither Paypal nor VBB know what's wrong yet. If anyone believes their account should have been upgraded and wasn't, send me a PM with your Paypal payment date and I will make sure it gets processed.

ToyRunner1
April 25th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Renewed and sent email early last week. Is Eric the only person that can do the upgrade? If so, he should give the authority to someone else if he isn't going to be on or answering email.

Eric
April 27th, 2010, 12:03 AM
I tried resending the update from Paypal a few times and it wouldn't go through so I just upgraded your account manually. Sorry for the delay.

This Paypal issue has been extremely frustrating. vBulletin and Paypal both say it's the other guy's fault.

Big Dave
April 27th, 2010, 07:20 AM
This Paypal issue has been extremely frustrating. vBulletin and Paypal both say it's the other guy's fault.

I would side with vBulletin on this one. I didn't update my software on MallCrawlin at all, assuming you didn't either, so how could vBulletin have changed?

ToyRunner1
April 27th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Thank you Eric. You did get the payment though, right? I have my confirmation at home if you need.

Eric
May 3rd, 2010, 09:20 PM
Yessir, payment was received :thumbsup: but Paypal dropped the ball and I didn't catch it right away.

Eric
May 3rd, 2010, 09:23 PM
I would side with vBulletin on this one. I didn't update my software on MallCrawlin at all, assuming you didn't either, so how could vBulletin have changed?
Oh I agree completely, I didn't change anything at all (for way to long now) and there were no server changes at the time, yet the errors just showed up out of the blue in February. Nevertheless vBulletin lists Paypal integration as a feature of the software and I would sure appreciate some support from them in getting this resolved. Instead they're just saying "not a bug, not our problem" :thumbsdown:. And Paypal doesn't seem to care :thumbsdown: I'm going to update the software to the latest 3.8 build and hope for a miracle.

Big Dave
May 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM
I updated to 3.8.5 but haven't played with any of the automated payment notifications yet. I tweaked it trying to fix it before, and ended up pretty much shutting it all down, need to play with it again.

Big Dave
May 3rd, 2010, 09:59 PM
Have you tried this?? http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?340311-PayPal-Instant-Payment-Notification-Warning&p=1934407&viewfull=1#post1934407

EDIT: Nevermind, guessing you have. Just saw your post in that thread.

Alec W
May 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Have you thought about moving to v4? It's a big update but worth in IMHO.

Eric
May 11th, 2010, 01:38 AM
Have you thought about moving to v4? It's a big update but worth in IMHO.
Yes I have. I downloaded the files for vb4 and then read that it's extremely buggy, so I decided to update to the latest 3.8 build in the meantime. One of these weekends it'll actually happen...

Chris Overacker
May 23rd, 2010, 02:36 PM
Hi Eric,
I'm not sure when I need to renew. Do you send me a reminder or ???

Chris @ CODE

Eric
May 23rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Eric,
I'm not sure when I need to renew. Do you send me a reminder or ???

Chris @ CODE
The forum software should automatically notify you when your subscription is about to expire. If you go to UserCP / Paid Subscriptions you should see the expiration date of your subscription at the top of the page.

Chris Overacker
May 23rd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Thanks,

I dont want to "Expire" too early!

MadCow246
May 26th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I didn't think I'd last this long!:D