PDA

View Full Version : XRRA changes

TJ_MAN
February 4th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Has anybody looked at the website lately, i just looked at it and things have changed a lot. Looks like there is no more east/west series and now its just one. Two races east and two west. They got rid of the race in Moab also, still have the Springs and Cortez race.

SPY
February 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Moab race was a total waste anyway, could have held the same event in Commerce City or even Nebraska.

bri
February 4th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Moab race was a total waste anyway, could have held the same event in Commerce City or even Nebraska.
Yea I have to agree the motocross track just was not a good representation of what the XRRA has been all about.

It was cool when it was held in BFE.

TJ_MAN
February 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
would have to agree, the best race they ever had was when it was at BFE, looks like they are moving more in the direction of off-road racing vs rock racing

Milquetoast
February 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
would have to agree, the best race they ever had was when it was at BFE, looks like they are moving more in the direction of off-road racing vs rock racing

No big suprise with the success of KoH.

Sound_Man
February 5th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Vehicle rules/requirements have changed a lot as well. I believe it is a result of KOH and what is being developed/invented to be competitive at KOH influencing the rest of rock racing.

T3N5OR
February 6th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Ya, some changes, not too many though is you already had a XRRA tech'd car. I think the changes are for the best in that respect. I dunno if I like the next format changes though. 2 races per weekend, means two chances to win each weekend, but the lack of changing venues is a bit disappointing.

cheepin
February 7th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I miss the old school rock crawl competions.With stock built rigs.Not these 4wd sandrails.

Napoleon
February 7th, 2010, 10:34 PM
I miss the old school rock crawl competions.With stock built rigs.Not these 4wd sandrails.

This!

tjjared413
February 9th, 2010, 07:45 AM

x3 on that... but i do love KOH at lest there is rocks at the event unlike xrra's race in the springs.

T3N5OR
February 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM
lolz...is mike weaver on this forum ever?