PDA

View Full Version : KOH thread

rhino15
December 10th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Just thought id get it started who alls goin whos racing?

Ryan Robinson
Bennett/Robinson Racing #4415
schampa clothing/King rock racing/maxxis
lcq competitors
denver colorado

Jeep-in-dna
December 10th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I'll be out there with Crane. Not racing though. Just hoping I can find the time to get my rig together in the next 2 months so I can have it out there again. Can't wait, hammers are a freakin' blast. :beer:

HHHAmilton
December 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I'll be out there with Crane. Not racing though. Just hoping I can find the time to get my rig together in the next 2 months so I can have it out there again. Can't wait, hammers are a freakin' blast. :beer:

My thoughts exactly

noahfecks
December 10th, 2009, 10:46 PM
The Lovell bros.

2009 WEROCK Pro Mod champions
2009 XRRA Champions

T3N5OR
December 11th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Cowbell Racing #4464

Slowrockr
December 12th, 2009, 12:08 AM
In thanks for the chance. :thumbsup:

Terminal Velocity Racing #4444

T3N5OR
December 17th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Nice looking car coming from Carnage!!! Congrats.

yota79crawler
December 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
i'll be there again.

rhino15
January 6th, 2010, 04:18 PM
we are planning on rolling out on like the 1st or second.

If anyone is gonna be taking a gooseneck and has room for another rig let me know and i will help pay gas, rig wieghs less than 4k

Joe Dillard
January 12th, 2010, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't wanna miss it! :beer:

We'll be running trails starting the week prior (pause for the races to film) & continue thru race weekend. Been prerunning trails the last couple weeks.

In case you haven't heard, the LCQ starting order & LCQ map will be out tomorrow on Pirate4X4TV.

I'll be working on the Film Crew Transport team this year. So, wave the finger as you pass by & we'll get you/your rig on film. :D

Camp
January 12th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Looks like I am going to be out there now with another member of the board. We will be running tech inspection from last I heard.

rhino15
January 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Looks like I am going to be out there now with another member of the board. We will be running tech inspection from last I heard.

good to hear!!!!

rhino15
January 12th, 2010, 03:32 PM
is anyone gonna be flying out to ontario airport on saturday morning?

tjjared413
January 13th, 2010, 08:52 AM
i wish i can go:drool:

T3N5OR
January 14th, 2010, 12:15 PM
is anyone gonna be flying out to ontario airport on saturday morning?

i thought about this...are you? How much are tix?

never wheeled
January 14th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Running support with Cowbell and Team Xtreme??!!!:cool: more to come Hopefully bringing my Junk for its maiden Voyage. BUY MY MOTOR!!! (in classified) I need the $ to inject the 650hp beast I'm picking up this weekend.

BASTARD
January 14th, 2010, 06:05 PM
just picked up a new tow rig have allot of work to do to the new buggy. But the new Team Carnage Crew built Sick bastard chassis will be there going off the line in the 17th spot.

never wheeled
January 14th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Did you buy the one out of Mo town?

never wheeled
January 14th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Nice draw for 4464 Way to go Matt #27 off the line

rhino15
January 14th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Nice draw for 4464 Way to go Matt #27 off the line

Hell ya go Matt. we drew 39th for the lcq i would imagine we will run on Wednesday.

My friend/teamate Daniel is going to be flying into ontario we bought his flight last night.

Denver (Denver Intl.) to Ontario (ONT) 02/06/10 9:26 AM - 10:43 AM UNITED 6048 Operated By: /UNITED EXPRESS/SKYWEST AIRLINES

and we got a ride for him at the airport flight was only 90 bucks one way.

Ryan Robinson BR racing #4415

GotMOAB?
January 14th, 2010, 10:10 PM
I'll be out there from the 7th-14th. We are driving my Tacoma down with a pop up so if anyone needs shit hauled down (small stuff that would fit in a Tacoma bed)we can do it.

never wheeled
January 26th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Two weeks to KOH and this board is SLOW!!! I am currently preping my crawler, Cutting and turning the Knuckles and upgrading my injection. Any one else doing anything or is everyone staying home this year?:beer:

rhino15
January 26th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Two weeks to KOH and this board is SLOW!!! I am currently preping my crawler, Cutting and turning the Knuckles and upgrading my injection. Any one else doing anything or is everyone staying home this year?:beer:

we are working our a$$es off

Rockhorse
January 26th, 2010, 11:47 AM

Jacknknob and I'll be out Thurs with the new rig- (hoping it doesn't overheat anymore) been woking that out for a while! Everything else seems to be tip top!

see you there!!:beer:

xjdude
January 26th, 2010, 10:33 PM
I am towing my buggy and my friends down there, just for some wheeling and to watch the race. I hope I can get everything finished in time, I have been putting everything off until last weekend and then realized I leave in less then two weeks. I am leaving the Sunday before the race from Fort Collins, anyone else heading out then too.

hightimes2
January 26th, 2010, 10:40 PM
if somebody want to pay my way out there I'll tow their rig out there :lmao:I have the tow rig but no trailer :D

HHHAmilton
January 27th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Is anybody else leaving Friday the 5th? say around 5ish?

rhino15
January 27th, 2010, 11:55 AM
we are planning on getting moving on monday. we are gonna drive through sante fe and albequerque on the way out so we can pick up an enclosed trailer.

Jeep-in-dna
January 27th, 2010, 01:21 PM

In the morning. :flipoff2: I'm telling ya, you and Megan just need to call into work sick on that Friday and head out with Will and I. Her boss won't have a clue.... even though she's on vacation the entire next week. :D

I know Josh is planning on taking off in the evening though. If you want to roll out there with him. I think your truck will fly compared to his though.

HHHAmilton
January 28th, 2010, 11:49 AM
In the morning. :flipoff2: I'm telling ya, you and Megan just need to call into work sick on that Friday and head out with Will and I. Her boss won't have a clue.... even though she's on vacation the entire next week. :D

I know Josh is planning on taking off in the evening though. If you want to roll out there with him. I think your truck will fly compared to his though.

Hate you guys:flipoff2: Momma will never let me get away with that.

I'll talk to Josh today at lunch

never wheeled
January 29th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Duane?? I can't spell for shit! Any way looking foward to seeing the bronco finished. I haven't seen it in person since Nick was mocking up the body pannels. I've seen the Pics and she is definitely BAMF. Are you and Crack rabbit comming thurs of the LCQ or thurs the 4th? I'm conyoying with Cow Bell and friends. We are leaving either friday saturday or sunday depending on who you talk to and what time of day it is.:flipoff2: I can't wait to actually wheel mine. Its been 3 years since we tore down the cruiser to build it.:eek: See you there. Don't forget that Rifle is on the way if you forget somthing or have problems don't hesitate to call. :beer:

liamxj
January 29th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Hate you guys:flipoff2: Momma will never let me get away with that.

I'll talk to Josh today at lunch

Just load up the truck Thursday night with everything then "take her to work" in the morning but "accidentally" get on to I70 west. i bet she wont complain too much :D O and i will pick up the generator prob Saturday so if you want you can come by the shop on Sunday and grab it as Matt and i will most likely be living down there this weekend to get everything done. You almost finished with yours? im ready for some :beer: in the sun on the lake bed!

Will

JohnToy
January 29th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Uhhhhh... Ryan and I are leaving in 3 days!:beer:

Rockhorse
January 29th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Duane?? I can't spell for shit! Any way looking foward to seeing the bronco finished. I haven't seen it in person since Nick was mocking up the body pannels. I've seen the Pics and she is definitely BAMF. Are you and Crack rabbit comming thurs of the LCQ or thurs the 4th? I'm conyoying with Cow Bell and friends. We are leaving either friday saturday or sunday depending on who you talk to and what time of day it is.:flipoff2: I can't wait to actually wheel mine. Its been 3 years since we tore down the cruiser to build it.:eek: See you there. Don't forget that Rifle is on the way if you forget somthing or have problems don't hesitate to call. :beer:

you got it right, ya, we'll be there for LCQ maybe.........leaving Wed. of, at noonish should put us there early Thur. for a little shut eye :lmao: rabbit boy will be with me. I figure what better place to break in the new ride, right? Plus this sounds like it's gonna be a great time!!!

Jeffro600
January 29th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Just a forewarning...be prepared for SERIOUS amounts of rain. They are forecasting a few big storms to hit the area the weekend before the race...and theres a strong probability of it extending well into the following week.

If its anything like the last 3 storms we had roll through, its going to be a freakin mud fest! We were out at the Hammers yesterday and there is still a ton of standing water from the rain we had a week ago...the trails are ultra nasty right now!! :D

Keep your rigs on high spots on the dry lake bed if rain is threatening...it turns to soupy quicksand and will bury your tow rig\motorhome\etc in a hurry!

On a positive note though, the dust should be kept to a minimum!!

never wheeled
January 30th, 2010, 12:00 PM
KOH turns to mud fest... I HATE mud.

The Man With The Plan
January 31st, 2010, 11:49 PM
Leaving Thrusday morning for Vegas baby, Vegas. Then on to KOH w/ Crane. Really not looking forward to rain. Been checking weather.com, but not sure if Landers is close enough for an accurate forcast @ the hammers.

J Kimmel
February 1st, 2010, 12:03 AM
we'll see...too much rain and the race could be cancelled, anyhow I will be out there Tuesday night the 9th :D

BASTARD
February 1st, 2010, 12:29 AM
Just got home from the shop had seven of us in the shop working on the race car got allot done. Looks like the car will leave on sat. and I will be a day behind it. Should be there mon.

GotMOAB?
February 1st, 2010, 12:47 PM

We are leaving this saturday at 7pm. should be on the lake bed by 2 or 3 pm on sunday

HHHAmilton
February 1st, 2010, 01:31 PM
Just load up the truck Thursday night with everything then "take her to work" in the morning but "accidentally" get on to I70 west. i bet she wont complain too much :D O and i will pick up the generator prob Saturday so if you want you can come by the shop on Sunday and grab it as Matt and i will most likely be living down there this weekend to get everything done. You almost finished with yours? im ready for some :beer: in the sun on the lake bed!

Will

:thumbsup:I like this but something tells me she might catch on when I load the dog and keg to take her to work
I should be done by Thursday
you got room for a propane tank too, keg, gas? Looks like we might have a ATV on the trailer

liamxj
February 1st, 2010, 02:13 PM
We can prob toss the propane tank in one of the jeeps as for the keg i dont know i will already have 2 in the back of the truck and im not sure who is bringing the fill size grill yet. Matt S may be doin that. I think we will be having a "who is taking what" meeting tonight at the shop between running around with our hair on fire!

Will

rhino15
February 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM
we'll see...too much rain and the race could be cancelled, anyhow I will be out there Tuesday night the 9th :D

dont say that just dont.

Jeffro600
February 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM
dont say that just dont.

I doubt they will cancel it...they are only forecasting showers...not torrential downpours like we had last week. It would take ALOT of water for them to call it off...

I would plan on getting wet\muddy though...looks like showers through late next week.

Jeffro600
February 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Looks like were in the clear!

Supposed to get a good amount of rain tomorrow and saturday but supposed to be probably mid-upper 50's during the race. Should work out perfectly with it raining this weekend...will keep the dust down!

:pbj:

Rockhorse
February 4th, 2010, 12:01 PM

Supposed to get a good amount of rain tomorrow and saturday but supposed to be probably mid-upper 50's during the race. Should work out perfectly with it raining this weekend...will keep the dust down!

Thats what I'm talking about!!!!! Thanks for all the updates!!:beer:

CGuava
February 4th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Wonder if KOH is going to look like the Rausch Creek KOH last year, a complete mudfest.

T3N5OR
February 4th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Leaving weds night to arrive mid morning thurs...I might have to bring my top and windshield, lol...

Sound_Man
February 5th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Wish I could go...

Maybe next year.

Jeffro600
February 6th, 2010, 07:26 PM
For anyone driving out this weekend, be careful! We had a fairly small but nasty storm blow through here today heading your guys' way...so i would imagine the roads are gonna be a bit on the nasty side. Drive safe!

isotel
February 7th, 2010, 03:14 AM
anyone heading out soon and has an extra seat? E-mail me Isotel@hotmail.com. ive got a ride back, and place to crash, just need a ride down, looking to leave about Tuesday..

T3N5OR
February 8th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Sounds like the trip out is proving to be the biggest challenge, just like last year. BE SAFE EVERYONE!!!

comanchecolt
February 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM

That means you'll have some magic dirt.......I freakin' love magic dirt!

Sound_Man
February 9th, 2010, 04:13 PM
LCQ day 1 results (re-posted from Pirate)

Ritchie Keller - 12:09
Michael Feagins - 13.51
Jason Feuilly - 14:18
Cottin Rodd - 15:51
Michael Colville 16:45
Robert Foster -17.04
Les Figueroa - 22:02
Carl Nielson - 23:??
Brandon Johnson - 27:32
Brian Tilton 27.37
John Goodby - 42min
Ian McGlynn 51min

16 Bill Kreisel finshed but no idea on time

DNF:
1 Larry Gipson - DNF, sheared studs
2 Clay Eagan - No show
5 Jonathon Terhune brokedown

No idea on this group:
8 Willie Gray Roberson II
9 Jack Childers
12 Mark Weel
15 Chad Burchik
18 Troy Bailey
19 Matt Burkett/Curt Leduc

Cresso
February 9th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Curt Leduc is in the LCQ race? dear lord, that's not even fair.

Sound_Man
February 9th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Curt Leduc is in the LCQ race? dear lord, that's not even fair.
I couldn't find finish times and didn't hear anything during the live broadcast about that last group.

Pretty sure he was/is a co-pilot.

Cresso
February 9th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Am I looking in the wrong place? The forums don't have jack for updates and the official page hasn't been updated in a long time. The most recent pictures are from the night of the 6th. I can see the live feed and the chat, but that's not a real good format for me here at work.

Sound_Man
February 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Am I looking in the wrong place? The forums don't have jack for updates and the official page hasn't been updated in a long time. The most recent pictures are from the night of the 6th. I can see the live feed and the chat, but that's not a real good format for me here at work.
It is spread out all over the place, gen4x4, comp&events, main page... Same as last year, they need to put one person in charge of putting all the info in one place.

Sound_Man
February 9th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Take a look here http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=852791 They tried to fix it...

T3N5OR
February 9th, 2010, 06:30 PM
anyone still heading out that wants to tow my junk? The tow rig just took a shizzle. I might be flying, but my jeep sure would like to come out too. I'll chip in for gas to anyone willing/ I have a trailer too.

T3N5OR
February 9th, 2010, 08:57 PM
lol, long shot i know...

Sound_Man
February 10th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Live coverage for day 2 LCQ (http://www.pirate4x4.com/king-of-the-hammers-2010/live.php)

Sound_Man
February 12th, 2010, 10:02 AM
2 minute warning has been announced. Hit the link in my previous post to watch it live

Mark
February 12th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Anyone else only getting snippets of the start line feed? It'll play for about 2 or 3sec, then stall out. Connection issues out there?

bluexj
February 12th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Anyone else only getting snippets of the start line feed? It'll play for about 2 or 3sec, then stall out. Connection issues out there?

yep I get the same thing

SuicideTireZJ
February 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
same here, kinda sucks

Sound_Man
February 12th, 2010, 12:40 PM
It has been pretty smooth for me but I have a pretty good connection right now.

SuicideTireZJ
February 12th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Finally got the Clawhammer camera up, I see. No rigs yet and I have to go to class :-(

Sound_Man
February 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Looks like Brad Lovell is going to win it!

Impaired
February 12th, 2010, 05:07 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Breck4x4[John]
February 12th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Looks like Brad Lovell is going to win it!
Unfortunately spoke too soon.

Maybe not (spoken too soon) on corrected time...

BradC
February 12th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Looks like he pulled it off, Congrats Brad!!!

TJ_MAN
February 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM
looks like Brad ended up 2nd but that is still awesome

BradC
February 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM
I stand corrected...

DanG
February 14th, 2010, 02:07 PM
does anyone know the results of the finishers.

J Kimmel
February 14th, 2010, 02:12 PM
http://pirate4x4.com/king-of-the-hammers-2010/leader.php

DanG
February 14th, 2010, 02:15 PM
thanks for the info

bri
February 14th, 2010, 03:31 PM
another great race this year,thought I would share a few pics i took.

bri
February 14th, 2010, 03:35 PM
More pics!

bri
February 14th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Not sure what happen to the rig on the trailer but it looked like it hurt.

BradC
February 14th, 2010, 05:39 PM
He sheared the front of his frame letting the engine rotate back.

T3N5OR
February 14th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Not sure what happen to the rig on the trailer but it looked like it hurt.

From what I heard, hit hit one bomb crater at about 80, landed in the bottom of another, then upon the airborne exit of crater 2, got sideways and did several violent rolls. driver was ok, passenger got some bumps and bruises/.

bri
February 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Wow!
That's a monster of a rig to be going that fast.Those bomb craters are big,they are lucky to have walked away.

I think I recognize that buggy from Top truck challenge.