PDA

View Full Version : Danica to run Nascar

_CJ
December 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Here we go.......:rolleyes:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/from_the_marbles/post/AP-Danica-officially-set-to-announce-plan-to-ru?urn=nascar,207264

Jeffro600
December 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Amazing what a pretty face can let one obtain....cuz she sure as hell cant race... :rolleyes:

CLYDE
December 7th, 2009, 09:52 PM
like shawna robinson all over again

Mcstiff
December 8th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Dale Earnhardt Jr: What Do You Know About Stock Car Racing?
Danica Patrick: Well... Watched It On Television, Of Course.
Dale Earnhardt Jr: You've Seen It On Television?
Danica Patrick: Espn. The Coverage Is Excellent, You'd Be Surprised At How Much You Can Pick Up.
Dale Earnhardt Jr: I'm Sure I Would. :shrug:

CLYDE
December 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
:shrug:Ahahahahah

Colo.TJ
December 11th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Should help with the wanning interest in NASCAR.
I'm suprised that people actually claim that she has no talent, cannot drive, and give her good looks as her only resource for the ability to enter NASCAR.:shrug: Jealousy I guess.

cheftyler
December 11th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Should help with the wanning interest in NASCAR.
I'm suprised that people actually claim that she has no talent, cannot drive, and give her good looks as her only resource for the ability to enter NASCAR.:shrug: Jealousy I guess.

Her record speaks for itself...she's not a talented driver.

oleblue
December 11th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Now wait just one minute here. It does not take talent to race. Look at JR in NASCAR - Can't win, can't drive, but he is the most popular driver.
Just like Danica is in IRL, most popular in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009. (2008 was not awared).

She has no championships, like Sam Hornish did (2001, 2002 and 2006) but what good has that done him in NASCAR, none.

Danica and JR racing (Oh and NASCAR) are only doing this for the PR. Get people to watch and/or go to the races.

But if you ask me, it's a joke.

cheftyler
December 11th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Now wait just one minute here. It does not take talent to race. Look at JR in NASCAR - Can't win, can't drive, but he is the most popular driver.
Just like Danica is in IRL, most popular in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009. (2008 was not awared).

She has no championships, like Sam Hornish did (2001, 2002 and 2006) but what good has that done him in NASCAR, none.

Danica and JR racing (Oh and NASCAR) are only doing this for the PR. Get people to watch and/or go to the races.

But if you ask me, it's a joke.

I didn't say talent was a prerequisite to drive in NASCAR...was responding the the OP who said he can't believe people still think she doesn't have talent ;)

ETA: and I never said talented open wheel drivers do well racing in NASCAR either.

oleblue
December 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry, not geared (hehe) at you. Just in general. I forgot a smiley :beer:

Steve
December 11th, 2009, 11:14 AM

According to what objective measure? :shrug:

If it's wins, then most of the drivers in every series of racing, from local go karts to F1, Indy Car and NASCAR could be said to have no talent, because most of them have either never won a race or have only won a small handful of times.

Hell, she may well prove to have more talent with a NASCAR car than Earnhardt Jr.

oleblue
December 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
..Hell, she may well prove to have more talent with a NASCAR car than Earnhardt Jr.
Yea, she learned by watching TV. :D

That will be funny if she does out drive JR.

_CJ
December 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM
The issue with Danica (at least for me) is that she uses her gender and what some people consider sex appeal to advance her career. She is to auto racing what Sarah Palin is to politics.

Steve
December 11th, 2009, 12:30 PM
The issue with Danica (at least for me) is that she uses her gender and what some people consider sex appeal to advance her career.

Kinda like every other female entertainer, huh?

I dunno why it should bother you or anyone at all. NASCAR's in the entertainment business. Whatever helps their ratings and broadens their appeal they'll do. They'd be stupid not to. If you're a team owner and someone can bring millions of $ of sponsor money with them, you'd be stupid not to give them a ride. :shrug:

Jeffro600
December 11th, 2009, 12:32 PM
So basically, its going from flushing my kids hot wheels in the toilet and watching them go round and round...to flushing hot wheels and throwing a barbie in there.

Got it. :flipoff2:

cheftyler
December 11th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Curt, no worries :beer:

According to what objective measure? :shrug:

If it's wins, then most of the drivers in every series of racing, from local go karts to F1, Indy Car and NASCAR could be said to have no talent, because most of them have either never won a race or have only won a small handful of times.

Hell, she may well prove to have more talent with a NASCAR car than Earnhardt Jr.

By almost any standard she has no talent, not to mention not a single ounce of class. Jr's "skills" behind the wheel are another topic entirely.

Kinda like every other female entertainer, huh?

I dunno why it should bother you or anyone at all. NASCAR's in the entertainment business. Whatever helps their ratings and broadens their appeal they'll do. They'd be stupid not to. If you're a team owner and someone can bring millions of $ of sponsor money with them, you'd be stupid not to give them a ride. :shrug:

Agreed, from the owner's perspective. From where I'm sitting it looks like she's trying NASCAR on for size because the open wheel crowd has gotten tired of the giant chip on her shoulder and almost complete lack of results :shrug:

_CJ
December 11th, 2009, 01:12 PM
NASCAR's in the entertainment business. ..................... If you're a team owner and someone can bring millions of $ of sponsor money with them, you'd be stupid not to give them a ride.

Legitimate competition is certainly entertaining, but the "entertainment" provided by Danica has nothing to do with competition. :rolleyes:

As a team owner, I guess it depends on his/her personal character and objectives. If profit is the sole objective then Danica is probably a good choice, but I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that winning races and being competative carries more prestige than being the team with the most money.

Steve
December 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
...I doubt that I'm alone in thinking that winning races and being competative carries more prestige than being the team with the most money.

Oh, there's no doubt they all want to win. But you ain't gonna win without truckloads of $$$, which comes from sponsors.

_CJ
December 11th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Oh, there's no doubt they all want to win. But you ain't gonna win without truckloads of $$$, which comes from sponsors.

Big $$$, top notch management, quality employees, car fabricators, pit crew, AND a talanted driver.

al24
December 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM
By almost any standard she has no talent, not to mention not a single ounce of class. Jr's "skills" behind the wheel are another topic entirely.

:shrug:

fourth place
started eighth and finished eighth
started and finished eighth
DNF
third.

4 top 10 finishes at Indy out of 5 attempts?
No talent?

YGTBSM.

_CJ
December 11th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I can't wait to hear her cry about being "slammed into", "bumped", "pushed".

"rubbin' is racin' son"

Steve
December 11th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I can't wait to hear her cry...

It's impossible to whine more than Shrub, so no problem.

:D

Jeffro600
December 11th, 2009, 03:52 PM
A quote from ESPN's comment section...

"Yes! Now this ugly, sharp-jawed, bow-legged little troll can set records for last-place finishes in BOTH Indy and NASCAR!
It's so annoying how the media has made this talentless woman driver into a supermodel, when she's clearly a "4" at best! Ewww! "

LOLercopter! :lmao: Id say negative:positive comments are at about a 20:1 ratio over there...

Steve
December 11th, 2009, 03:56 PM
So, who here wouldn't trade places career-wise with her in a heartbeat?

Thought so. :cool:

Wait till she rubs fenders with Shrub or Montoya. That'll bring the whining like never before, and not from Danica.

oleblue
December 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I can't wait to read NASCAR's scripts for each race she will be in.

Jr: Be sure to show her something she did not see in TV. But not too much. keep it safe but make it look good.

Danica: when you run down pit road to punch Jr. be sure to leave the helmet ON.

Jr: don't hurt her. Duck. let her swing, make it look good.

Danica: Don't cry, that does not look good. suck it up.

NASCAR: Remember people, we are here to entertain. (wonder if we could get help from Vince Mcmahon on how to write our scipts)

:D

Jeffro600
December 11th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Thought so. :cool:

Hey, id love to be a "ugly, sharp-jawed, bow-legged little troll" with big knockers that could make money just by smiling...but honestly though...if i was, id never leave the house! :flipoff2:

cheftyler
December 11th, 2009, 04:37 PM
fourth place
started eighth and finished eighth
started and finished eighth
DNF
third.

4 top 10 finishes at Indy out of 5 attempts?
No talent?

YGTBSM.

I forgot, open wheel racing in the U.S. is only at Indy :rolleyes:

CLYDE
December 11th, 2009, 09:25 PM
it would be fun to bump draft her into a corner at Daytona at 200mph, Or just bump draft her in general:D

_CJ
December 11th, 2009, 10:34 PM

Nope sorry, not me. Even if somebody wanted to pay me to take my cloths off, I wouldn't do it. :flipoff2:

scottycards
December 12th, 2009, 06:36 AM
NASCAR is like wrestling anymore. Total show.

There are extremely talented drivers, but it's hardly a pure competition.

She's always had one of the best funded teams, and $$$ are what makes cars go fast.

Very mediocre (I'm being nice here) driver, at best.

She'll put fans in the seats, tho, and that's what it's all about.

I'll tune in to watch the Danica show most likely, just for fun.

ALMS is where it's at. And F1.