PDA

View Full Version : Lightroom 3

AMMOtj
October 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Beta is out. Download it at: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom3/

I haven't looked at it, but I know there's a few in here that might want to get their hands on it.

Jeffro600
October 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Dont want to touch it just yet because ive had problems with Adobes betas in the past and they've left a bad taste in my mouth...and im sure LR3 is going to be most awesome and i dont wanna spoil it! :P Ill wait till it gets released!

AMMOtj
October 29th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Chicken :flipoff2:

Jeffro600
October 29th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Ehh, i still might try it...has some good, useful features that i would happily use. I just hope they dont totally revamp the program because ive gotten to the point that i can pretty much use lightroom 2 in my sleep and have a good workflow in place!

potter
October 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Is lightroom any good for large post-processing endeavors? I like Photoshop's CameraRAW as I can edit 100's of images at once with the same processing to them all. I'd like something that can do the same but in JPG format and not just RAW.

Tiffany
October 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Is lightroom any good for large post-processing endeavors? I like Photoshop's CameraRAW as I can edit 100's of images at once with the same processing to them all. I'd like something that can do the same but in JPG format and not just RAW.

LR does exactly that

Jeffro600
October 31st, 2009, 09:31 PM
Just a heads up for anyone thinking about trying it...its been the subject or much concern on other forums as its causing Photoshop and other adobe programs to crash, fail, become corrupted, etc...just a little forewarning if you dont feel like reloading all your junk.

*SIGH*, beta testing...BLAH!! :flipoff2:

potter
November 2nd, 2009, 07:29 PM
Got to test out LR today (though I'm running v2). It's pretty nice, I had to run through three sets of a girl today with a break out on her face and use the heal tool to remove the bad ones. So far I'm diggin it. It's like a mini version of photoshop, with just a select few of the tools and then a bunch of the key options put into a quick gui interface.

I'd say it made the work today run quicker and smoother than photoshop, and it was less resource intensive on the machine than photoshop would have been.

Jeffro600
November 2nd, 2009, 08:14 PM
Got to test out LR today (though I'm running v2). It's pretty nice, I had to run through three sets of a girl today with a break out on her face and use the heal tool to remove the bad ones. So far I'm diggin it. It's like a mini version of photoshop, with just a select few of the tools and then a bunch of the key options put into a quick gui interface.

I'd say it made the work today run quicker and smoother than photoshop, and it was less resource intensive on the machine than photoshop would have been.

Have you ever tried Portraiture(PS plug-in)?

potter
November 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM
Nope, worth it to look into?

Jeffro600
November 2nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Nope, worth it to look into?

If you do alot of portraits, for sure! Makes skin smoothing and blemish removal a breeze! Ill post a few examples tomorrow.

They have a new plugin out for LR...trying to "obtain" a copy as it would cut down how much time i spend in PS by a large margin.

Tiffany
November 2nd, 2009, 11:52 PM
They have a new plugin out for LR...trying to "obtain" a copy as it would cut down how much time i spend in PS by a large margin.

O really??? If you obtain a copy could you notify certain people...please :-)

ColoradoSkier
November 3rd, 2009, 07:35 AM
Been meaning to try out EasyNews. I hear it is more rewarding and less troublesome than the torrents. I wonder...

Yes, easynews rocks. Lots of useful things there.

potter
November 3rd, 2009, 10:19 AM
I see Portraiture torrents available, both the windows and mac versions.

*Not that I condone downloading applications of course.

ColoradoSkier
November 3rd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Torrents seem to be less reliable, and your IP can be tracked. Not to mention easynews is insanely fast. For downloading freeware of course.

ColoradoSkier
November 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
The LR2 plugin from Portraiture is pretty slick...

Jeffro600
November 3rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
The LR2 plugin from Portraiture is pretty slick...

Did you download the demo?

ColoradoSkier
November 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
no

Jeffro600
November 3rd, 2009, 12:45 PM
Where'd you find it and did they have a Mac version??

ColoradoSkier
November 3rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Easynews, yes - hit me on IM

Jeffro600
November 3rd, 2009, 03:14 PM
O really??? If you obtain a copy could you notify certain people...please :-)

PM either Chester or me...he found it over on easynews!

Tiffany
November 3rd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Got it