PDA

View Full Version : When you send your camera in to get fixed...

ColoradoSkier
October 9th, 2009, 08:38 AM
and it comes back, make sure to recheck your settings. I was taking pics in JPG mode today instead of RAW like I usually do. My bad for being in a rush. Luckily the product shoot last night came out good in JPG form. And now I understand why the files were so small...

Jeffro600
October 9th, 2009, 12:25 PM
lol, ouch!

Checking your settings is a good practice anytime you pick up your camera. I cant tell you how many times ive shot pictures the night before at high ISO, only to continue to shoot at high ISO the next day in good light and have to spend HOURS fixing all the noise. Same goes true if you like to play around with the exposure compensation...ive ruined entire picture sets by having them severely under or over exposed.

Ive forced myself to look at the top LCD everytime before i start pushing that shutter button just to double check my settings...takes 2 seconds and it will save a bunch of hassle later down the road.

ArloGuthroJeep
October 9th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Ugh, the high ISO gets me nearly every time. Learning slowly:(

ColoradoSkier
October 9th, 2009, 01:33 PM
I need a real pro model with more than one LCD so I don't have to dig to check settings. :)

Been drooling at 50D's of late. But Oly is rumored to be making some sort of announcement at end of month. Who knows. I don't have the money to switch right now anyway.

thenimirra
October 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Very truth Jeff.

Tiffany
October 9th, 2009, 11:50 PM
lol, ouch!

Checking your settings is a good practice anytime you pick up your camera. I cant tell you how many times ive shot pictures the night before at high ISO, only to continue to shoot at high ISO the next day in good light and have to spend HOURS fixing all the noise. Same goes true if you like to play around with the exposure compensation...ive ruined entire picture sets by having them severely under or over exposed.

Ive forced myself to look at the top LCD everytime before i start pushing that shutter button just to double check my settings...takes 2 seconds and it will save a bunch of hassle later down the road.
It only took me making that mistake once before I started forcing myself to reset the settings on my camera to my personal baseline BEFORE I put my gear away.

I plan on setting up one of the custom function spots on the 50D to be my baseline settings so that it's as simple as a turn of the dial to get back to basics for me.