PDA

View Full Version : 21 Days...

UnlimitedFun
September 25th, 2009, 08:50 PM
...until the start of 2nd rifle season. :D

Had my daughter out this evening ensuring we're sighted in and ready. Spending 1.5 weeks in the Rio Grande National Forest and La Garita Wilderness...no cell phones, e-mail, work, etc; just pure relaxation.

Anyone else looking forward to something like this?

kmon35
September 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
10 days in a wall tent. They expanded our area this year to include 4 more GMU's. Lots of scouting to do for the next couple weeks. I look foward to this trip every year.

Oscar
September 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I will just get them off my deck :D

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs211.snc1/7824_1126627609906_1353646448_30323234_5743086_n.jpg

Colin
September 26th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I will just get them off my deck :D

x2 Theres a huge buck that walks past my window every morning at 5. I'm really tempted to get the bow out and get some free meat :D

CSP
September 28th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I will be getting the bow out and hanging out on my deck starting Thursday morning. East of I25 archery deer opens up and the wife and I both have tags. We have been watching a monster non-typical hang out around our place recently.

Steve
September 28th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Anyone else looking forward to something like this?

Big time. 3rd rifle combined season. Should fill my elk tag again. With my work schedule it's especially nice to be in a warm comfy cabin that has no cell service or email access. :)

MonkeyBomb
September 29th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Bow season was a strange one. Elk moved out of my area a few days before the season started. First time in 15 years that has happened. I have been hearing alot of similar stories from other bow hunters and Muzzle loaders. Mule deer were all over the place.

I hope all of you have great luck. Mine was a wash except for the peace and quiet.

CSP
October 16th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I missed the big boy non-typical last night. I misjudged the distance and my arrow flew right under his chest. I must have had the shakes for a good hour, and then he (and three other bucks) came back just as it was getting too dark to shoot. I couldn't get close enough that time to get another shot, but plains deer archery is a long season. I have two more months to try and they are just starting to show signs of going into the rut. Can't wait for that to happen as they get stupid and careless.