PDA

View Full Version : Canon 50D fell in to my lap...

Tiffany
September 8th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Interesting turn of events over the weekend...

Canon EOS 50D body only (box and everything).
Canon BG-E2 grip (with box, etc).
Canon ACK-E2 power adapter (with box, etc.).
3 extra genuine Canon batteries.

All for $1000...now looking for a 70-200 to mate to it for some sports shooting.

Jeffro600
September 8th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Pretty good deal! Now sell it and go buy more Nikon stuff, traitor... :P

Tiffany
September 8th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Actually...the opposite is going to happen. Probably. In my search for a lens for it I came across a great deal on some L glass...and if I'm going to buy L glass then I may as well just stick with Canon.

I sold two non-nikkor lenses to buy the 50D so I am thinking I may sell the D700 and nikkor glass and shoot the 50D for a while and wait and see what the next big body thing is from Canon.

Bodies come and go, glass last forever (until you drop it).

Jeffro600
September 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
After seeing what theyve released or will be releasing for compacts, i think big things will come with their updated DSLR line...at least, im hoping! Not that i could afford a new 1DMK4, but if its good, it will cause enough people to upgrade and there will be lots of MK3's available for cheap! I LOVE my MK2 but wouldnt mind a few niceties that the MK3's offer... :D

I noticed they scaled back on the MP's on the "G" line of cameras...think they realized the MP race is done, over, kaput...and that if they put features a photographer will actually use, they will sell more cameras!

Tiffany
September 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah I agree. The fact that I could sell off two non-Nikon lenses to buy the Canon stuff lays way to the fact that Nikons glass prices are insane! And their prices are going up again from what I heard.

I could never afford to buy Nikon glass at the rate it is going. And I still think Canon glass is superior.

The D700 is sweet as hell, but if I am force to shoot with inferior glass due to being priced out of true Nikkor glass then it's just another body really.

SBIUnlimited
September 11th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Well keep me in mind if/when you decide to peddle the D700. I might be interested.

Tiffany
September 11th, 2009, 11:20 PM
I sold all my Nikon gear on Tuesday. A couple of Metro photojournalism students are very happy!

rondog
September 11th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Heh heh, heh heh, she said "mate".

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b150/rinselman/funnies/bandb.jpg

j/k! Congrats on the new camera! I hope you love it! I had two motorized Nikon F3's and a bagful of top shelf lenses that I had to sell years ago, I still grieve for them. Of course, the digital stuff nowadays is orders of magnitude better, but still, they were great cameras in their day.