PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Bike Works Motorcycle Salvage (lost lease)

satan
August 13th, 2009, 03:33 PM
No HD parts, but ...

... I'm personally not familiar with the yard (in Longmont), but could be some good deals for someone; they're supposed to be selling it empty... :shrug:

I'll make a trip up if I can (need me to look for something?)

CLYDE
August 13th, 2009, 07:52 PM
79 honda cb750. Looking for starter/rear master cyl. Lemme know what ya see.

satan
September 2nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
79 honda cb750. Looking for starter/rear master cyl. Lemme know what ya see.

Didn't see a CB750-4 with a starter -- one frame- looked like a '81?, but no rear M/C... not much stuff worth a damn up there-- Left a "card" so if they get a line on these things they'd let me know -- I'm not holding much hope.

Hell, all I wanted was a nice set of matching front wheels for a high-speed trailer project (no two matched in inventory)

Talked with a buddy of mine in an out of state yard -- he's sayin that his CB's are getting a work over (lots'a folks puttin' em back on the road and all); reman starters are like $150 n'up

Any thoughts on rebuilding your current starter or M/C ? The starter could likely go to some of the in-town rebuilders (A-1 Auto Electric, etc??) . . . Usually a lube and brush replacement (more of a "freshen") could be a DIY thing (a sucky day DIY thing).

Sorry Clyde.

CLYDE
September 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
thanks for looking. The one I have just needs a bendix, it kicks out, but spins good. Im just lazy, and trying to sell this thing, so dont really want to put any time, or money in it if I can avoid it.

ZappBranigan
September 3rd, 2009, 04:18 PM
No HD parts, but ...

... I'm personally not familiar with the yard (in Longmont), but could be some good deals for someone; they're supposed to be selling it empty... :shrug:

I'll make a trip up if I can (need me to look for something?)

That's too bad, it means Steele's is the only big yard around.

CLYDE
September 3rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
That's too bad, it means Steele's is the only big yard around.
Oh joy, such wonderful personality, and customer service there:rolleyes: