PDA

View Full Version : Mustang in NASCAR

starbreaker666
July 28th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Look for the '10 Mustang to be part of the roll out for the Nationwide "COT" car.

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/headlines/bg/07/28/new.race.car.update/index.html

Mcstiff
July 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
They (Ford Factory Mustang) should run in ALMS.

_CJ
July 29th, 2009, 07:47 AM
So is there actually going to be a little variety in the car bodies again, or are they just trying to decide where to put the Mustang stickers?

Steve
July 29th, 2009, 07:58 AM
So is there actually going to be a little variety in the car bodies again, or are they just trying to decide where to put the Mustang stickers?

No.
Yes.

There will be nothing Mustang about it, just as with the other "brands" of cars in NASCAR. Huge mistake I think, but they haven't asked me.

CLYDE
July 29th, 2009, 08:10 AM
screw that, Challengers will be there too:flipoff2::flipoff2: Goo Mopar:thumbsup:

Steve
July 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
screw that, Challengers will be there too:flipoff2::flipoff2: Goo Mopar:thumbsup:

And except for the plastic wrap they'll be identical to the Mustang, the Chevy and even the Toyota. Think about that Clyde, a Challenger that's identical to a Toyota. :flipoff2:

THETODD
July 29th, 2009, 08:37 AM
And except for the plastic wrap they'll be identical to the Mustang, the Chevy and even the Toyota. Think about that Clyde, a Challenger that's identical to a Toyota. :flipoff2:

This is exactly why I don't watch Nascar. I really enjoy watching the old videos from the early 70's. Sometimes I can see those on SPEED.

_CJ
July 29th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Watched a show last night on CNBC? called "the business of NASCAR". They talked a little about the 25% drop in people watching the races. France was trying to blame it all on the economy. All I could think was how he should be reconsidering the COT. I know I don't watch as much as I used to and it has nothing to do with the economy.

Top reasons for my decline in interest:
-Corporate posterboy drivers with no personality
-Cars are all the same
-Boring races decided in the pits

oleblue
July 29th, 2009, 11:06 AM
... I really enjoy watching the old videos from the early 70's. Sometimes I can see those on SPEED.

That stuff will kill ya. damn flash backs...:D

NASCAR needs to change their name, there is nothing stock about it. Unless you call a stamp template being stock.

Steve
July 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
NASCAR needs to change there name, there is nothing stock about it. Unless you call a stamp template being stock.

Agreed, the cookie-cutter cars is what bugs me the most as well. Remember when there was actually a difference between the cars, and there was a racing series called the International Race of Champions (IROC) where they all drove the same car? NASCAR races were good, IROC races were boring.

scottycards
July 29th, 2009, 11:11 AM
It's become a spec series. I haven't watched a full face in a few seasons, for that reason.

Used to love it. Not so much anymore. I actually went to an IROC race once, back in the day........it was a preview of what today's cup races are like.

ColoradoSkier
July 29th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Watched a show last night on CNBC? called "the business of NASCAR". They talked a little about the 25% drop in people watching the races. France was trying to blame it all on the economy. All I could think was how he should be reconsidering the COT. I know I don't watch as much as I used to and it has nothing to do with the economy.

Top reasons for my decline in interest:
-Corporate posterboy drivers with no personality
-Cars are all the same
-Boring races decided in the pits

x bazillion

Loki
July 29th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Used to love watching it with my Dad. Not so much anymore, he still loves it, but I'd rather the cars be different, more innovation allowed. I still catch a race here and there, but not every one like I used to.

CLYDE
July 29th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Just piss in my wheaties why dontcha:flipoff2:

oleblue
July 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
hmmm.
A Mustang that's identical to a Toyota :P