PDA

View Full Version : Car shows: hidden photographic goldmine!

thenimirra
July 21st, 2009, 06:11 PM
Wow, I had no idea that holding a photo booth at a car show would be so profitable, but Jason Peckovitch and I made more money at the car show this weekend than we did at the fair at Walmart!

Having scantily clad models lounging around on all the vehicles helped us sell a ton of prints. I was so busy editing, my fingers hurt by the time the job was done. If you ever do something like this, make sure to hit up Model Mayhem or something to have some models there. Just having them stand by our booth, not doing anything else, made folks come over to see what we were up too.

J and I will hosting another booth at a church business expo on Sunday, but I think we might get kicked out if we bring some half nekkid models to church. :flipoff2:

Tiffany
July 21st, 2009, 10:40 PM
Was it the 5150 show at Red and Jerry's?

ColoradoSkier
July 22nd, 2009, 08:49 AM
:worthless:

thenimirra
July 22nd, 2009, 08:55 AM
Yep it was Tiffany! Hey, congrats on your national campaign!

OK, OK Chester...I will get some up later.

ColoradoSkier
July 22nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
National campaign? What?

Tiffany
July 24th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Yep it was Tiffany! Hey, congrats on your national campaign!

OK, OK Chester...I will get some up later.
We were at the 5150 show. Well Ruff Ryders was, not me personally...

And thanks!

thenimirra
July 24th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Were the Ruff Ryders on bikes? Were they the ones who did the cool tricks close to the end of the car show?

Tiffany
July 24th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Our car club members were there as well as some bikes. Don't know that we were stuntin' but possibly.

Tiffany
July 24th, 2009, 01:54 PM
We are having a Bikini Bike/Car wash at Caldonia's tomorrow. If you are interested in coming out let me know.

ColoradoSkier
July 24th, 2009, 03:47 PM

Jocko
July 24th, 2009, 05:41 PM

X2

Show us the goods.

projectAviator
July 24th, 2009, 08:48 PM

X3 let's see some pictures.

Tim

BumperMan
July 26th, 2009, 08:36 PM

X100 brazillion

van7559
July 27th, 2009, 07:35 PM
hopefully she wipes good, with as little as she is wearing you could probably smell it if she didn't. Yes that was wrong.

CLYDE
July 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM
NSFW belongs in the NSFW forum, ONLY. It is not welcome in the general forums.:tisk:

ColoradoSkier
July 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
I would have moved it Clyde, but I can't move things into VIP

CLYDE
July 27th, 2009, 09:20 PM
cant move individual posts, can only move the whole thread, and I didnt think that was warranted.

CLYDE
July 27th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Altho if she wants to do that, I can undelete those 2 posts, and move the whole thing ???

ColoradoSkier
July 27th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Thats what I meant, I can't move threads. Don't move the whole thing though.

thenimirra
July 27th, 2009, 09:53 PM
to be honest, I didn't think it would be nsfw since she was clothed and I've seen much rowdier discussion on the general thread than those photos. But if it was a mistake, I definitely apologize, as this thread was supposed to be about making money at a photo event that I didn't expect would yield the profits it did.

Jeffro600
July 27th, 2009, 09:56 PM
to be honest, I didn't think it would be nsfw since she was clothed and I've seen much rowdier discussion on the general thread than those photos.

I really didnt either hence why i didnt delete them...

Its a girl in a bikini...i didnt see anything overly racy about it. I mean, i get that this is a family orientated forum and all but seriously, there is worse stuff on broadcast TV.

Just outta curiosity though, did you(or who) put the NSFW in the title if you thought they were safe??

thenimirra
July 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I didn't put it in the headline. Someone else did. It was changed later after I posted the pics.

Jeffro600
July 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Ohhh, ok...gotcha... ;)

ColoradoSkier
July 27th, 2009, 09:59 PM
I wonder why they would put NSFW in the headline but not move it then?

thenimirra
July 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
who has the authority to do that? a mod?

Jeffro600
July 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
The original poster or a mod...twasnt i though...:shrug:

thenimirra
July 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
any mod or just mods within Shutterbug?

Jeffro600
July 27th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Any higher up(not another sub forum mod) mod or any mod within Shutterbug

CLYDE
July 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I really didnt either hence why i didnt delete them...

Its a girl in a bikini...i didnt see anything overly racy about it. I mean, i get that this is a family orientated forum and all but seriously, there is worse stuff on broadcast TV.

Just outta curiosity though, did you(or who) put the NSFW in the title if you thought they were safe??
I did not not put the nsfw tag on it, I figured Sheba did, were it not for that I wouldnt even have looked in the thread:shrug: And yes, We have deleted lots of thong type pics from the random pic thread, and warned several people about posting pics that are a bit on the racy side.. I generally dont patrol this sub forum..

thenimirra
July 27th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Nope wasn't me. I no longer have vip access so I wouldn't post something with the intent of having it be moved to a section where I couldn't read comments. I'm sure there must be a history to show who did what when. Someone wanted to draw attention to it. beats me.

Steve
July 28th, 2009, 07:53 AM
I'm sure there must be a history to show who did what when. Someone wanted to draw attention to it. beats me.

Wasn't me. :shrug: I did just remove it from the title though.

I don't believe there's any way to tell from the software who changed a thread title. 'NSFW' in a thread title is definitely gonna get a mod's attention.

Big Dave
July 28th, 2009, 07:58 AM
There should be a thread history option somewhere that can let you know who did what. Not sure if it covers edits though, and I know it won't give info about what was actually edited and changed.

Steve
July 28th, 2009, 08:09 AM
There should be a thread history option somewhere that can let you know who did what. Not sure if it covers edits though, and I know it won't give info about what was actually edited and changed.

If you edit the OP to change the title it shows. But, at least here, Supermoderators can change a thread title by double clicking to the right of the thread title on one of the forum page views. I don't know that there's a record of that, or at least an easily accessible one.

ArloGuthroJeep
July 28th, 2009, 09:13 AM

Bottom of that page shows edits, including inline edits. At least on Jeepforum.com it does.

Tiffany
July 28th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I added the NSFW to the title once I saw the pics. Sorry, but if I ope it at work and feel if my boss saw it it would get me in trouble, then it's probably going to get someone else in trouble.

I can't move threads either, so it was that or delete. And since it was from my phone, did that.

Sorry if it ruffled feathers, but up until the images were posted we were good.

Not really caring what you can see on broadcast TV, the rules here that Eric gave to follow made the decision easy. People surf the site from work, no need to get someone in trouble just because they opened a thread about a car show.

If you want to link to the image gallery then that is the users deal if they click on it.