PDA

View Full Version : Gold Farming : China

Dagimp
July 10th, 2009, 05:50 AM
http://www.informationweek.com/news/internet/ebusiness/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=218101859

Ten years ago a co worker of mine told me he spent $100 to buy game money in what I think was EverCrack. Thats pretty much the last time I ever took him seriously about anything.

I've spent a crapload of money over the years on video games. I have at least a hundred game CD's (PS and PC). I've spent the most money on buying/building/upgrading gaming PC's. But I've never once paid real $ for some item/thing in a game :rolleyes:

Crusis
July 13th, 2009, 05:30 PM
I don't see what the big deal is.

If you like part of a game that takes in game money, and you don't want to do what it takes to make that money or you don't have time to do what it takes to make that money, why not buy it?

I play EvE online, and I can tell you that buying money from Chinamen is rampant because everyone wants to PVP and not what it takes to make the money to be competitive.

I have no problem with how the other guy got his ship, none of my business. I just care about whether he's on my side or not, and if not that his investment in foreign currency makers is going down the tubes.

Cresso
July 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I don't have any moral objection to it at all. I don't understand why they'd want to restrict the market.

edit: Just read more of the article. Looks like the measure is designed to curtail gambling. Since they're not explicitly attempting to stop gold-farming, I see the potential for massive loopholes. They're not concerned with the exchange of in-game items for cash, just virtual currency for real currency. Okay, so now a person pays 50 bucks to a gold-farming biz. In exchange, their character will receive enough stacks of X item that they can vendor for 1000g. Problem solved.