PDA

View Full Version : astra revolvers?

co4x4couple
June 21st, 2009, 04:12 PM
Just got an astra .357 anyone know anything about them? havent shot it yet, but it looks fairly well made.

Loki
June 22nd, 2009, 11:35 AM
Shoot it and write up a range report.

and...

:worthless:

Trango
June 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I used to own an astra semi in 22 short when I was in my early teens. Nice little spanish Colt copy, from what I remember. Nice action, although I did keep it super clean.

I just searched - I guess what I had was a copy of the FN 1906, very similar to Colts available here.

I should try to track one of those down just for Nostalgia.

So - no details on the revolvers, but overall you should have high build quality for the era.

Best,
Bob

Big Kev
June 27th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Spanish built gun like Trango said. I have a little snub 22. Shoots pretty good for being about 50 years old.

co4x4couple
June 28th, 2009, 09:17 AM
have no digital camera yet so no pics. took it out yesterday and put 50 rds. thru it, it shoots pretty well. has adjustable sights on it that were way out. got it sighted in and its pretty accurate. trying to find a website or something where i can look up the serial# to figure out when it was made, not alot of info out there.

Big Kev
June 28th, 2009, 09:32 PM
It took me a long time to find any good info on mine. I did find out it was built some time in the early to mid 60s. But I never found any thing definitive on when it was actually built. Good luck and let me know if you find a good site.

DADA_JEEP
June 28th, 2009, 10:47 PM
there is a guy at firing line in aurora that is a complete expert and has access to files that nobody else i've found can find, he can get production dates on most anything,