PDA

View Full Version : tough truck race -Calhan July 22

CalhanOffRoad
June 11th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I have been talking to the race promoter for El Paso County Speedway (Calhan, CO) and he would like to see if there are enough tough truck drivers that would commit to racing at the the speedway on July 24th as part of the county fair. I will bring my truck out and my neighbor might bring his. I know there are at least half a dozen of you guys that have bad-a$$ trucks that ran at Adams county, Greeley and Norris Penrose.

Please reply if interested.
See www.elpasocountyspeedway.com for track details

CalhanOffRoad
June 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
These events are a blast! Your truck doesn't need to be anything special, bone-stock can run. Tuff truck competitions usually divide the trucks into stock and modified. Stock can be anything with stock style suspension with no more than 4" lift. Modified is anything more exotic. The track in Calhan would be bigger than a stadium and would allow for bigger obstabcles. If we get some people to commit we can make this happen!

Psychoneurosis
June 23rd, 2009, 07:03 AM
I would be interested in racing but my current racer is staying back east and the one in the garage needs some more time to get finished......

CalhanOffRoad
June 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
It would have been cool to have your trucks there! I will also need track volunteers and administrative help on this. Most of the "promoter" duties fell in my lap. We really need this type of racing here in Colorado and the closest thing we have is XRRA or the tuff truck events that are part of the monster truck shows. If I can make the Calhan event a success, it will be a repeat for next year (and will have a much larger purse).

Psychoneurosis
June 23rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
I would normally be game to lend a set of hands for whatever you need but I had to run to NY and will not be back in time. My dad had a pretty bad heart attack last week. I am game for helping out with the next race 100%

I would love to get some races/series together in CO, there are a couple of series back east that are doing pretty decent

CalhanOffRoad
June 26th, 2009, 09:06 PM
The race is on! The Fair Board got the insurance so the truck classes are covered. The ATVs are unknown and the bikes are a no-go. Look up www.xscorr.com for details.

Artinmotion
July 3rd, 2009, 02:20 PM
maybe could be in what does the race consist of?

CalhanOffRoad
July 11th, 2009, 11:23 AM
DATE CHANGE: This has been moved to friday July 24th. I handed off the promoter duties to Lil Foot motorsports so I could focus on track setup.

This event should consist of heat races and a main for each class. We will run a minimum of 2 classes, stock & modified. Trucks in eack class will race against each other, not the clock. The heat races will consist of 4 to 6 trucks, and will run for 5-10 laps around the 1/4 mile oval (number of laps depends on time constraints). The top 3 from each heat race will advance to the main where they will race for even more laps.

That is what the proposed race would be. Now that Lil Foot Motorsports is handling it, things may change some but he promised to keep the racing side-by-side and not against the clock (boring).

The track is not meant to be a truck destroyer like you may have seen in the stadium/arenas. This track will be more about racing and less about screwing up your vehicle. All jumps will have landing ramps if the height of the takeoff ramp exceeds 2 feet. There will be at least one ryhthm section, some telephone poles, light mud, tabletop & double jumps. 4x4 would really help on this course, but is not required. If it rains on raceday, the event will not be cancelled.

CalhanOffRoad
July 18th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Go to www.xscorr.com for the event flyer and rules.