PDA

View Full Version : First (and second) attempt unsuccessful

Eric
April 20th, 2004, 05:34 AM
I will be shutting down the forums this evening when I attempt to transfer everything into the new software. This will happen around 5pm and I cannot guess how long this process will take. As stated previously, if I encounter significant difficulties I will reopen the current board while I work those issues.

Note, new registrations will continue to be suspended following a successful migration to the new software. Registrations will reopen only after we've had a day or so to confirm that all is well. This is because again, if we discover significant problems we will revert to the current board and try again at a later time.

Edit: Updated subject

[ April 20, 2004, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Eric ]

Jason
April 20th, 2004, 05:41 AM
HEY you'd better make it fast this time buddy!! :D

Thank you SO much Eric, I love this board and it's members. You and your helpers are doing a great job.

Eric
April 20th, 2004, 05:49 AM
I hope it goes well :fingerscrossed: If I don't encounter any bugs the import process itself should go pretty quickly, it's the post-import work that I need to do that I suspect will take quite a bit of time. Some things aren't clear to me yet and I'm curious to see how they get handled (such as avatars and displayed names). vBulletin and UBB handle some things very differently so it could be interesting. The front page is going to be a complete mess for a little while too because I have it integrated with UBB, but in time I'll get that sorted out as well.

This is just one step in the overall migration. Hopefully I get the board swapped tonight and the rest will come as time permits. smile.gif

JeepGirl
April 20th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Bon chance! And, please folks, don't whine like the wenches over on Pirate.
graemlins/thefinger.gif
It'll be a new look - I doubt we'll lose any functionality. It'll just look different.

bsaunder
April 20th, 2004, 11:13 AM
good luck!! graemlins/beer.gif

Eric
April 20th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Well I gave it a shot, twice in fact, but the import was unsuccessful both times. Hopefully the support staff at Jelsoft can figure out what is wrong. Until then I've reopened the current board.

I'll keep you posted on any new developments.

For those who may be interested, each attempt took about an hour and a half to complete :(

Blake Shepherd
April 21st, 2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Eric:
Well I gave it a shot, twice in fact, but the import was unsuccessful both times. Hopefully the support staff at Jelsoft can figure out what is wrong. Until then I've reopened the current board.

I'll keep you posted on any new developments.

For those who may be interested, each attempt took about an hour and a half to complete :( thanks for all your efforts Eric graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I think everyone should take you out for some graemlins/beer.gif

Hardcor4x4
April 22nd, 2004, 02:28 PM
Well, whens the next attempt? still figuering it out?

Tiffany
April 22nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
Eric if I can assist in any way let me know. I am going to upgrade ILJ soon (could be this weekend)

Eric
April 26th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by Hardcor4x4:
Well, whens the next attempt? still figuering it out? The ball is back in Jelsoft's court, I'm waiting for them to fix the importer. Once they have it fixed I'll give it another go. No news from them all weekend.

Tiff, did you try the import? How'd you make out? Not much I can do other than wait for the new importer. I suppose we could start "fresh" but I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it.

Tiffany
April 27th, 2004, 03:39 PM
I have not tried the importer...none of my clients want to be guinea pigs on this go around.

I haven;t even got tot he upgrade of ILJ and that should be fairly straight forward...maybe this weekend I will give it a go and see what happens

Good luck to you and as I said, if you need ANY help just give me a buzz..I am up until at least 2 every night M-F working.

flexychevy
May 1st, 2004, 09:20 AM
So whats new?Did they figure it out?