PDA

View Full Version : Canons customer service...

Jeffro600
June 8th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Is amazing! Second to none!!

I bought a second hand 1DMKii a few weeks ago and had the shutter take a total dump at 31K clicks...mind you these cameras are rated at 200K actuations.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s296/SharpsShooter69/IMG_0673.jpg

So i took it to Canon of Irvines service center expecting the worst. Ive been reading horror stories about complete shutter and sensor replacements costing upwards of 800+ dollars. The lady at the counter took my camera in the back and said the shutter is for sure toast and it looks like the sensor has been slightly damaged also. She asked how many actuations i had on the body and i told her it has a total of about 31K and she went back to verify, came back out and told me "we are going to replace your shutter, sensor and clean and adjust your camera for you as a courtesy." :eek: I was floored! Here im bringing in a second hand, well used camera thats WAYY out of warranty and they are willing to back up their rating claims! I asked how long it might take and she said 5-7 working days...and i have a shoot this weekend and i think she could sense i was a little annoyed and handed over a loaner MKIII to play with till mines fixed...

Talk about service!! I know i bitch about Canons bodies from time to time but they have my loyalty for life! :D

Ghettojeep
June 9th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Sweet! Not the 1st time I've heard of Canon hooking it up. There's def was something wrong w/ it going down after that many shots. It's nice to hear that they don't take the easy way out. :thumbsup:

scottycards
June 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I need to talk to Canon. My HV20 camcorder sucks donkey bawls.

It can't capture in-car footage worth a crap. Total pile of chit.

What a gigantic waste of a thousand bucks. Rolling shutter.

More like POS shutter. Worthless pile of stink.

Jeffro600
June 9th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I need to talk to Canon. My HV20 camcorder sucks donkey bawls.

It can't capture in-car footage worth a crap. Total pile of chit.

What a gigantic waste of a thousand bucks. Rolling shutter.

More like POS shutter. Worthless pile of stink.

Give em a jingle scotty...i had an HV20 that i mounted on the front fender of my street bike and it gave me good video WELL past 170! :eek: