PDA

View Full Version : So what would you do?

ColoradoSkier
June 6th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Interesting story here...

http://www.extraordinarymommy.com/blog/are-you-kidding-me/stolen-picture/

Jeffro600
June 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Wasnt facebook the ones who had written something in to their user agreement that any pictures uploaded to their website were able to be used in any way they see fit? I remember something to that effect...maybe it was myspace...

Bummer deal though...id be pretty pissed off about it though and id probably file a suit against them...foreign or not. But unfortunately, if there was a clause in the user agreement that facebook had the right to use the photo, their pretty much out of luck.

Just one more reason why i really shyed away from online social networking of any professional work ive done...to many legal issues, to many thieves and its too easy to steal others work. I dont have the time, effort or finances to have a professional create a super secure webpage for me so for the most part, all my stuff is submitted through actual hard copies and proofs that you can see and touch.

potter
June 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Wasnt facebook the ones who had written something in to their user agreement that any pictures uploaded to their website were able to be used in any way they see fit? I remember something to that effect...maybe it was myspace...

Bummer deal though...id be pretty pissed off about it though and id probably file a suit against them...foreign or not. But unfortunately, if there was a clause in the user agreement that facebook had the right to use the photo, their pretty much out of luck.

I don't think this has anything to do with FB. I doubt FB is selling their user photos to anyone for stock photography. Why would a company go to FB for stock photography anyway (if FB was selling them)? Stock photography is sooooooooooooooooooooooo cheap as it is.

This seems like it would be more someone or some business on FB, browses through FB to find their stock photography instead of paying for it.

Jeffro600
June 6th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I don't think this has anything to do with FB. I doubt FB is selling their user photos to anyone for stock photography. Why would a company go to FB for stock photography anyway (if FB was selling them)? Stock photography is sooooooooooooooooooooooo cheap as it is.

This seems like it would be more someone or some business on FB, browses through FB to find their stock photography instead of paying for it.

Im pretty sure neither of us works for FB so i guess we can jump to our own conclusions without knowing all the details...

Either way, its a prime example of stolen photography.