PDA

View Full Version : Finally taking pictures again

ColoradoSkier
May 26th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Been in a bit of a funk for the last several months. A website design/ photography client tried to screw me and it left a sour taste in my mouth, so I haven't been feeling overly creative or interested in creative endeavors. I think that is starting to change though.

I have read 3 photo-related books that I need to write reviews for Tiff, and I snapped some pics at graduation last weekend. And the flowers are blooming, and I want to get some macros of a few of them. So I guess I am coming out of it.

Here's what I think is the best of the graduation pics (LHS graduation was at CU-Boulder):
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3567301843_3cd2b8033c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chesterbullock/3567301843/)

cajun tj
May 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Nice pic! Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Jeffro600
May 26th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Bummer deal Chester...happens unfortunately though!

Go buy yourself a new piece of photo gear...it helps get you out and forces you to take some pics! :P

JeepDiva
May 27th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about the bad client.

Seems like we've all been hibernating for a few months...this part of the forum's been dead. Maybe I'll get brave and put up a few recent photos for comment/critique.

thenimirra
June 1st, 2009, 03:16 PM
I'm glad you are back in the saddle Chester! I've been so damn busy that I haven't even had much time to sign on her, much less other photo forums I'm a member of, including one I even created myself!! :P

I was also thinking that photography is really starting to feel more like work now. Before, it was fun and exciting and the classes energized me. Now as more gigs come in, I'm not sure it's as fun anymore. So I'm thankful for getting a break this month to just relax and have fun shooting whatever I want. I think it's important to remember what got us into shooting to begin with....we weren't originally talking about becoming professionals...it just sorta happened as people saw our work and then started asking us to shoot for them.

I think taking the time to start reading again (which was always important to you) and educating yourself about photography is a great motivator and I'm hoping it will have the same effect on me.

SBIUnlimited
June 1st, 2009, 05:37 PM
Get back in the saddle Chester. You got skills!!