PDA

View Full Version : Ram Off-road Challenge

GCR
May 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
R.O.C Race !! 2009
Memorial weekend! May 23-24th
For the 2009 race season we have stepped it up a notch...or 3! We had a lot of good sugestions last year but the one that really stuck in my head was , side by side racing.Real
paint swapping , tire bumping , side by side racing !! So here it is ! The first ever , long course , SIDE BY SIDE , rock racing. Here is how it will work.
We will have two seperate courses. We will have two racers on each course. The courses are about 2.5 miles each. Very fast , very tough ! Each racer will get 2 runs on each course on day one.
The second day of competition, each driver will have a third run on each course. We will take the best 5 out of 6 runs from each competitor and break out the fast 20 drivers ! We will combine the 2 courses for a extra long and brutal 5 mile run. We will take these final runs and this will be our final 4 winners !!
In addition to the ROC Race , we will also be holding an amatuer rock crawl , a show and shine competition , a swap meet and we will have a carnival to help keep the kids having
fun. We will also have live music , and a extra large vendors section with all the big names in off road as well as a massage hut , food vendors , raffle vehicles , RV's and boats and maybe even
an airbrush artist.
As you can see , we have turned the ROC into a one of a kind off road event that you won't want to miss !!

Anyone going? Racing? Crawling?

bigo1966
May 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Where is this?

Oscar
May 16th, 2009, 08:44 AM
south east of CSprings about 10 minutes I think its down 94 but somebody will correct me if I am wrong

Ink man
May 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I will be there doing the rock crawl part, not the race.

Sound_Man
May 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
I will be there doing the rock crawl part, not the race.
I was going to do this too but after 6 PM's to Pete and a few emails and not a single response I decided against it. Seems all of their focus is on the guys that are paying big entry fees and bringing in sponsorship. Can't really blame them for that. I will be out there to watch and cheer on some friends that are in the race.

Bigrockbronc
May 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM
We'll be there racing. Hoping the tuning on our tranny comes out right, been fighting shift points. Looking forward to a longer style of racing. See you guys there!

Ink man
May 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
I was going to do this too but after 6 PM's to Pete and a few emails and not a single response I decided against it. Seems all of their focus is on the guys that are paying big entry fees and bringing in sponsorship. Can't really blame them for that. I will be out there to watch and cheer on some friends that are in the race.

yeah I just had to call him directly, hopefully the crawl part will be fun.

GCR
May 19th, 2009, 03:53 PM
We'll be there racing. Hoping the tuning on our tranny comes out right, been fighting shift points. Looking forward to a longer style of racing. See you guys there!

Call Pickeett

Bigrockbronc
May 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Talked to him last week. The place that programmed last time offered to do it for free, so i thought i'd give him a chance. If it don't work out, Jason is gonna help me out at the race this weekend. I wish i had known about Jason prior to spending more money the first time around:rolleyes:

Slowrockr
May 20th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I'll have the laptop with me Ralph if you need anything holler. Also are you still running the MAF?

GCR
May 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Talked to him last week. The place that programmed last time offered to do it for free, so i thought i'd give him a chance. If it don't work out, Jason is gonna help me out at the race this weekend. I wish i had known about Jason prior to spending more money the first time around:rolleyes:

You just gotta ask brother!!

Bigrockbronc
May 20th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah i should have asked, went with the Pirate crowd instead:rolleyes: Jason, yeah we are running a maf. The only thing we deleted was the security and down stream O2's, and then whatever else is normal for emissions.

Slowrockr
May 20th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Yeah i should have asked, went with the Pirate crowd instead:rolleyes: Jason, yeah we are running a maf. The only thing we deleted was the security and down stream O2's, and then whatever else is normal for emissions.

Come find me Friday, I can pull your tune and take a peek to see if theres anything obvious that needs attention. Won't cost us anything unless we need to change something.

Bigrockbronc
May 20th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Cool, def find you friday, see ya then.

Loobz
May 21st, 2009, 10:07 PM
More details on this crawl? I hadn't realized it was the same day... that seems a bit TOO eventful for one day but WTF do I know??

Bigrockbronc
May 21st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Pete from tanner posted a lot of info on Pirate4x4 in the comp section. He also has a lot of info on his website.

Rando
May 22nd, 2009, 07:38 PM
anybody know what time this kicks off Sat?

Loobz
May 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
I found little/no info on his site other than "be there" and I looked all over Pirate and found nothing I didn't know. Can't find the competitors list or anything...

BumperMan
May 22nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
TIME? Price? Etc.

GotMOAB?
May 23rd, 2009, 01:04 AM
racing starts at 9AM $15 at the gate
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2994162680071795591OoXBDC