PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo first final round

Norco
May 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
Took the ol' hoopty MJ down to Bandimere today and entered in KS and the Street Machine deal. Day was going somewhat swimmingly until a trans cooler line blew off at 60 feet and I didn't notice until about 800 feet. Right in front of the header. Huge smoke cloud all the way down the track but fortunately no fire or crash.

Went out first round in KS, motor bogged off the line and then spun, hard. But in Street Eliminator made it to the final! I thought that race was in the bag but for some reason the truck jumped sideways at about 500 feet and scared the ever living crap out of me. I'm used to having to steer it out of the hole, but not at random at about 100 mph.

I am glad to be safe at home. However my friend Aaron was not so lucky in Pueblo today. His beautiful 8 second Camaro barrel rolled at the big end of the track and he just got out of surgery. Unknown injuries but I believe a broken neck is on the list and he could use everyone's prayers.

hightimes2
May 3rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
congrats on making it to the finals. I lost in the 3rd round. Sorry to hear about your friend.

Norco
May 3rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
Thanks Randy. Looking at some of the weather elsewhere in the area, we were pretty lucky today.

scottycards
May 4th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Oh man, that's horrible news about your friend. I hope he was wearing head/neck HANS type of gear.

I got a Hutchens over the winter, much more affordable than a HANS, and offers excellent barrel-roll side to side neck protection. Only a couple of hundred bucks versus the HANS at $800. Also more friendly to a 3" belt than a HANS- wont slip off.

Great news about your MJ. Please keep us posted about your friend. I hope he's making a good recovery. That's tough.

Norco
May 12th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Aaron got up and went for his first walk since the accident today.

Here's info on a toolbox raffle for his benefit, there may be a car show in Loveland to help as well.

http://www.coloradodragracing.com/showthread.php?t=2438

cheftyler
May 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
Good news about Aaron.