PDA

View Full Version : Faasst Rocky Mountain Shootout, Aug 14-15th

Snake
April 28th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Hello Rocky Mtn Shootout registrants!

We are 10 days away from our Aug 14-15 weekend at Pueblo Motorsports Park and we do not have enough registrants to make this a meaningful competition.

HOWEVER, we ARE still keeping the track rental for Saturday, Aug 15 – Ricky Bobby – FAASST Festival - Day!!!!!

So if you registered for Saturday, Aug 15, you are still good to go! We are offering you all a FREE track walk on that day as well (at 8:30) and you may lap all day until 4pm. Gates open at 7 – track is hot at 8. Depending on the cars registered by Aug 14, we may decide to run in groups like we do at our safe FAASST Festivals.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

See you at the track!

Cost- $140 to lap that includes your Safety Class if you have not been to this track. ( Savings of $60!!)

$80 Half Day- Noon to 4pm. You will not be allowed to come on the track before Noon.

https://www.faasst.com/images/pmitrack.jpg

GOOD NEWS - BAD NEWS

REGISTRATION FOR THE FAASST ROCKY MOUNTAIN SHOOTOUT ENDED JULY 13 WITH 7 CARS REGISTERED

We will extend the registration process to Aug 3 but NO LATER. If we do not have at least 60 cars registered by Aug 3 we will cancel this event.

Our sponsors are waiting for car count before they participate........ We are running out of time.

Info:https://www.faasst.com/RMS.html
Questions: 719-761-1372

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc176/cjake39/faasstbanner-1.jpg

Mcstiff
April 29th, 2009, 12:57 PM
CO4x4 team?

Snake
April 29th, 2009, 01:29 PM
That would be cool! My Sti runs mid to low 13's and my CTD runs 16's....:)

scottycards
April 29th, 2009, 02:03 PM
This is very interesting, and since it's a Fri/Sat this year (IIRC is was mid-week last time around), it's possible that I can do it.

Don't know if my car will pull 12's or not- it'd be a high 12 if it can get there. I just don't know, having never run it down the 1/4. My phone program puts me in the 12's tho- 12.64 is best.

Lap times shouldn't be too much of a problem, hopefully will have slicks by then, so might be able to run Ricky Bobby class, maybe Flintstones.

This event sounds like it has just enough crazy in it that it should be really fun, which is what it should be all about, so count me in.

Mcstiff
April 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Not sure where my 1/4 will be; it is prob 14's atm (stock Audi S2) hope that will drop soon as I have not started increasing boost yet.

Might be able to borrow some tires.

Snake
April 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
There's a possible Dyno Day/ BBQ on Sunday, the 16th, but the details are not worked out yet.

Last couple of years, it was more about competition and because of all the different setups and cars that showed up, it made it impossible even out scores. I'm pretty excited about this year, more cars and more prizes!

Stock Vettes with street tires run 1:46 range at PMP, I've made some 1:50's out of my stock Sti on street tires...

scottycards
April 29th, 2009, 02:40 PM
1:46?

Ricky Bobby, here I come! :D:D:D

I've gotta be able to find at least a second out there, to get in/under 1:45.

Mcstiff
April 30th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Times - Grid Lane Assignment

10-10.99 sec 1
11-11.99 sec 2
12-12.99 sec 3
13-13.99 sec 4
14+ sec - 5

You must consist of a team of 5 cars, one per grid lane. If you do not have a team upon arrival, you will be assigned to one the day of. It is highly recommended you register as a team with a defined team name (keep it clean). You can get a team together the morning of the event during test and tune cycles. Empty grid lane assignments will be counted as a draw and will not have any negative points to smaller teams, but you are looking to get the highest number of wins for the day! The extra cars not in a team can still compete for top times in their grid lane and other classifications below:

So to win you need a car in each grid? Going to have to get a few TnT's before hand. Elimination if you go faster then the grid?

Snake
April 30th, 2009, 03:57 PM
You don't have to have a car in each grid, but the team of 5 with the highest number of wins will win as a team. If you blow your grid lane time, you just get moved up to the next grid lane and start where they are.

Mcstiff
April 30th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Hmmmm.

Hippie
May 1st, 2009, 01:14 PM
HMMM - I need to see if the boss will let me take her car - compared to most of you I'll be the slowest one :P.

I will have to read the rules & stuff - any specific licenses needed ?

Steve
May 1st, 2009, 01:22 PM
HMMM - I need to see if the boss will let me take her car...

Tell her you're just driving there to watch. Worked for me last week. :spit:

Rock Kitty
May 1st, 2009, 03:07 PM
Tell her you're just driving there to watch. Worked for me last week. :spit:

Nice try Steve ;)

Steve
May 1st, 2009, 03:10 PM
Rats. Forgot you're a member here too.

:laughing:

Mcstiff
May 1st, 2009, 03:19 PM
:eek:

HMMM - I need to see if the boss will let me take her car - compared to most of you I'll be the slowest one .

228hp to the wheels with your light weight (~500#s < Mine) your prob faster then me everywhere but 60' :D

scottycards
May 3rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
If I'm reading right, the cool thing about this isn't being fast- it's more of a consistency thing. So don't sweat it if you're not the fastest car out there.

But most of all, it's about having a good time, so I'm definitely interested.

I always enjoy the low key fun stuff, over the super competitive stuff. Hence my absence from SCCA, where people take themselves way too seriously.

Rock Kitty should come out and DRIVE!!! Racer chicks are the cool.

Mcstiff
May 3rd, 2009, 10:20 PM
Its always fun to have the fastest "slow" car then the slowest "fast" car :D The story of my life.

Regardless of AWHP I know that I'll be able to pass tech by then.

Rock Kitty
May 11th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Oh trust me - I GO = I DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Snake
June 17th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I just finalized some sponsor packages that are now available. They range from $50 to $1700 depending on your budget you want to go with. E-mail jake@faasst.com for more details.

This is going to be a great event!

The drag day is now a continous drag from 7am until we finish. We are teaming up with Pueblo's Friday Night Drags but will run the strip ALL DAY LONG!

Snake
July 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM
Forum Members waive any late fees! Just put what site you heard about the event in the comments section.
Payment is not due upon registering, we need a car count for the track!

scottycards
July 23rd, 2009, 03:52 PM
This is not happening for me. Taking too much time off in Sept, no can do.

Mcstiff
July 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Cashflow is low for me atm, working on buying a house.

Snake
July 23rd, 2009, 04:21 PM
Yah, it seems everyone is low on cash these days. Help spread the word to any other forums if you can, or come down and watch.

Mcstiff
July 23rd, 2009, 04:28 PM
Will do. If it was not for the move to reduce debt:credit (total debt is not high so I have been biding my time) I would have the budget for it.

sonofmayhem
July 29th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Sounds fun. I would like to do brakes and tires, before hand.

Hippie
July 30th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Mine will be on the Dyno @ Macs on the 14th getting tuned so I'm out - the 15th & 16th will be spent enjoying the new hp & tq