PDA

View Full Version : Sentinel Gun Safe

Loki
April 23rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Anybody know anything about these? A friend of mine's wife is looking to get him a gun safe for Father's day and found a used one. Asked me about it so I tried to do some web research and can't find much on it. Its supposed to be fire rated seller says top ranked, just trying to verify whats being said about it and what a new one would cost.

Any help is appreciated... :beer:

CapnCrunch
April 23rd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Here ya go... (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sentinel+Gun+Safe)

kmon35
April 23rd, 2009, 09:35 PM
I thought Liberty safes had the highest fire rating.

You have to remember the fire rating is two fold. Time and temp. One might have a higher temp, but for a much shorter time. My National security is rated for 1688 degrees for 45 min.

Sorry, I do not have any info on the Sentinal.

Loki
April 23rd, 2009, 09:45 PM
Anybody know anything about these? A friend of mine's wife is looking to get him a gun safe for Father's day and found a used one. Asked me about it so I tried to do some web research and can't find much on it. Its supposed to be fire rated seller says top ranked, just trying to verify whats being said about it and what a new one would cost.

Any help is appreciated... :beer:

Here ya go... (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Sentinel+Gun+Safe)

umm yea tried that...read thru those links. :thumbsdown:

kmon35
April 24th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Try henrykrank.com.

The fact that you can't find much good info would concern me. From what I did see, it woul work well to keep your kids out, and maybe a petty criminal. I didn't see any fire rating. They do look to be very inexpensive though.

Ask her what the goal/purpose is for the safe, and go from there. Sorry I can't be more help. I went for the highest rated and very secure safe I could find. National secuity safes.

Loki
April 24th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks for looking, but those Sentinel don't look anything like the picture.

Here's the CL ad, she tried contacting the seller, but he hasn't responded so its probably sold. But this is the safe I was looking for info on:

http://denver.craigslist.org/for/1125497070.html

Thanks again for the help. :beer:

ToyRunner1
April 24th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I think there's an ad on those in this month's American Rifleman. I don't have mine here or I'd look.

kmon35
April 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
You are right, that doesn't look anything like that website's ones.

I hope you find the info you are looking for. I am surprised it is so difficult.

Whitey
April 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM
FWIW, Murdoch's is having a grand opening sale tomorrow, $200 off on Liberty safes priced over $1,000 and $400 off on safes priced over $2,000.

Prices are good thru April 26th. Heck, they even have burgers & pop for 25 cents, limit 2. :P

I 'think' the prices are good at any Murdoch's

Loki
April 25th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. Whitey I passed along that info to her.

rondog
April 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Man, you go on most any gun forum and ask about gun safes, and it always opens a can of worms. Seems a lot of people are of the opinion that if it doesn't cost at least $5k, it's crap. Then there's the UL rating on them, seems most are actually rated as "Residential Security Containers". To get something UL listed as a real safe, you'd have to sell your car to buy the thing, then knock out a wall and hire a crane to get it in the house.

I ain't gonna talk about the tin can I keep my guns in. I'd love to have a decent one, but it would have to live in the garage, NFW I can get one in the basement.