PDA

View Full Version : HR45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing and Record of Sales act 2009

buckeye
April 18th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Don't know if anybody has heard of this bill or not. But it is worth mentioning and discussing!

Date: Monday, April 13, 2009, 9:02 PM
HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009
Please send this to everybody on your list... this is Obama guncontrol by secrecy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

...It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
http://www.opencong ress.org/ bill/111- h45/text

It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the wordalong.
FAILURE TO DO SO AT YOUR PERIL!

Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning.

He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action".
Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

The Second Amendment... .
America's original homela nd security

Here is the Website again:
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

Loki
April 18th, 2009, 09:54 AM
But, but, but...Obama PROMISED. :eek:

buckeye
April 18th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Hah Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Steve
April 18th, 2009, 10:50 AM
This has been posted here and other places several times this year. It's old news. It has no cosponsors and hasn't gone anywhere since introduced early this year.

But yeah, the sky is falling. Really. :P

newracer
April 18th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I received responses from all my reps that they would vote no on it.

DADA_JEEP
April 18th, 2009, 02:10 PM
e-mail your state rep, now!

potter
April 18th, 2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/text

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

...It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

Anyone else able to find this info in the Bill's text?

Register found (0) times

Registration found (1) time - "(c) Elimination of Prohibition on Establishment of System of Registration- Section 926(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking the second sentence.

Finger found (0) times

Driver found (0) times

Social found (0) times

Evaluation found (0) times

meh I don't know why I bother

IH8PVMNT
April 20th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Anyone else able to find this info in the Bill's text?

Register found (0) times

Registration found (1) time - "(c) Elimination of Prohibition on Establishment of System of Registration- Section 926(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by striking the second sentence.

Finger found (0) times

Driver found (0) times

Social found (0) times

Evaluation found (0) times

meh I don't know why I bother

To potters statements, you didn't look very hard:

Section 101 - "It shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to possess a qualifying firearm on or after the applicable date, unless that person has been issued a firearm license" = Firearm Registration - key word possess a qualifying firearm. It has not in the past been a requirement that you, I, and Joe down the street possess a license to own a firearm.

Section 102 - " a clear thumb print of the applicant, which shall be made when, and in the presence of the entity to whom, the application is submitted" = pretty clear you would need to give a finger print to purchase a qualifying firearm since this is in the application section.

Section 102 - "require the applicant to provide a valid identification document (as defined in section 1028(d)(2) of title 18, United States Code) of the applicant, containing a photograph of the applicant, to the licensed dealer or to the office or agency of the Federal Government, as applicable, at the time of submission of the application to that dealer, office, or agency" = Not necessarily a Drivers License a Valid Passport would suffice here.

Social Security Number - Cannot find a reference to that being required documentation.

Section 102 - "a certificate attesting to the completion at the time of application of a written firearms examination, which shall test the knowledge and ability of the applicant regarding" and "an authorization by the applicant to release to the Attorney General or an authorized representative of the Attorney General any mental health records pertaining to the applicant" = Does not seem to indicate they can submit you to an evaluation at any time but an evaluation would be required. Also has provision that the Attorney General can make up whatever they want as part of the application process as well. "any other subjects, as the Attorney General determines to be appropriate"

Still there is alot of panick for a bill most representatives have stated they will not support and it still does not have a co-sponsor.

For the record a qualifying firearm is:

"(2) QUALIFYING FIREARM- The term ‘qualifying firearm’ has the meaning given the term in section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, as amended by subsection (b) of this section.

(b) Amendment to Title 18, United States Code- Section 921(a) of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following:

‘(36) The term ‘qualifying firearm’

‘(A) means-

3‘(i) any handgun; or

7‘(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device;

1‘(B) does not include any antique."

So buckeye is dead on in the illegality of owning a rifle with a clip. As for his other statements about losing your right to own a firearm, the child provision and the search and ceasure:

- I could not find reference to a weapons having to be locked and inaccessable to children just secured with a safety device or locked in a gun safe.

- No where does it say you lose the right to own a fire arm in the bill itself but it may in the references to other federal code and statues.

- As far as the government having the right to search your property that was not in there as far as I could tell.

This bill is yet another knee jerk reaction of some idiot politician that knows nothing about anything. I doubt it would go anywhere.

Steve
April 20th, 2009, 02:42 PM
It's called a magazine, not a clip. :flipoff2:

This bill has been around for several months, with nobody even willing to cosponsor it. It's going nowhere.

Jeff Mason
April 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Not always :flipoff2:

IH8PVMNT
April 20th, 2009, 03:17 PM

This bill has been around for several months, with nobody even willing to cosponsor it. It's going nowhere.

I stand corrected :flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

For the record buckeye started it he said clip first :D

newracer
April 20th, 2009, 04:31 PM
http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/thereisadifference2.jpg

Loki
April 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
FWIW...

I never had a problem with people calling Magazines...Clips until people on the internet had a problem with it. Now it bugs me...

Thanks...Thanks a lot! :rant:

;)

ZappBranigan
April 20th, 2009, 10:00 PM
http://000buck.d2g.com/firearms/thereisadifference2.jpg

Isn't the M1 Garand Clip used to feed the rifle during firing? :stirpot:

Yucca-Man
April 21st, 2009, 07:44 AM
^ Fine print, lower right corner: "*exept (sic) the m1 garand"

As a lawyer, you should be very familiar with fine print... :flipoff2:

Loki
April 21st, 2009, 09:28 AM