PDA

View Full Version : Looking for accessories for my AR locally

ROCKTACO
April 3rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Can someone here recommend me a gun shop in the area. I am looking for a shop with AR goodies. More specifically I'm looking for a new grip.

I have heard that their is a nice one in the springs but have since forgot the name.

Any ideas?

OrangeCrush
April 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
firing line has some accessories as well as Rottweiler here on the board

oldcjguy
April 4th, 2009, 02:00 AM
5280 armory

overpriced gun show in a couple of weeks

SMiTTY
April 4th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I thought CastleRockTactical is a member on here?

OrangeCrush
April 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I thought CastleRockTactical is a member on here?

Reference my post :P

Rottweiler here on board

ROCKTACO
April 4th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Reference my post :P

Rottweiler here on board

I've tried to deal with Castle Rock Tactile on more then one occasion. Left him 2 VM 's with absolutely no response. Best I can tell they must have so much business they don't need to answer the phone.

From now on I shall refer to them as Castle Rock Testicle, because his service sucks!:flipoff2::mad:

Maybe one of the others listed above wants my money.

CJ_More
April 4th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Isn't Pete with Evilblackrifle.com in the springs a memeber here too

Mike Boyle
April 4th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Isn't Pete with Evilblackrifle.com in the springs a memeber here too

Yes he is. His log in is aloharover. You can check with him but be aware that very few if any places have anything in stock due to the panic buying that took place the last few months. The manufacturers are just now catching up with back orders and parts are starting to trickle in, but they are gone as fast as they arrive. Pete is a great guy to deal with and will help you all he can, but EBR (http://www.evilblackrifleshop.com/store/) is his part time job so remember that when you contact him.

OrangeCrush
April 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I ordered a barrel from Del-ton 4 months ago and I am hoping it ships this week

ROCKTACO
April 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
The parts I want are usually readily available on line (MagPull Maid Grip and for-grip and a Harris Bi-pod). I just wanted to pick them up locally.

Thanks for all the ideas folks!

CJ_More
April 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Save yourself some money on the Harris Bi and look at the leepers

I've been very impressed with mine

http://www.milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TLBP28S

Shifty
April 5th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Have you tried 5280 Armory in Arvada?

Mudbug63
April 6th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Have you tried 5280 Armory in Arvada?

HIJACK WARNING....

I have...wont be back...I have tried very hard to do business with them, they are close and had a decent selection before the rush....But they don't seem to want my money.

I had a RRA barrel on order with them, cash up-front, for 10 months starting last March, well before the election rush. They never delivered and seemed annoyed when I called every few weeks to check on the order and didn't seem willing to check on the order when I asked them. The response was always "I have not heard anything out of them". Maybe you could call them and check???

I gave up, got my money back and ordered a Shaw barrel from Model-1 Sales. Shipped in 4 weeks just as promised.

In addition there are only a couple of guys that work there that know squat. The owner is one and the older guy who is normlly wearing FAL t-shirt is the other. The others are a selection of "kids" who are for the most part clueless.

Their prices have also gotten out of line on accessories since the election of the Obamanation. I know things went up but not to their prices.

An AR action block that Brownells sells for $50+/- they are asking $70+ for in the Brownells package. Thats a $20 markup over retail and you know they get a dealer discount. I know they have the right to make a profit but come on.

YMMV and if you have had good luck with them I am truly happy for you, I wont be back. :thumbsdown:

I NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR NORMALLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM...:flipoff2:

Grant H.
April 7th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Bowers Tactical is also in town.

http://www.bowerstactical.com

Greenface02
April 10th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Try Speciality Sports, Located at fountain and murray in the springs. Jeff and the guys have or can get what you need/want.

ROCKTACO
April 15th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Save yourself some money on the Harris Bi and look at the leepers

I've been very impressed with mine

http://www.milsurpstuff.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TLBP28S

Thanks for the advice CJ. I just placed my order (different source though)!