PDA

View Full Version : AEV / Nth Degree Rear Coil Spring Relocators

edcarso0
April 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
https://secure.aev-conversions.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=NTH23030AA

I would not recommend the following product for my particular application. All products have their place and situations that work well, this just is not one of them. I have an existing RE 5.5" lift and was looking to correct the rear spring to be more vertical and less folder over as a result of the lift and correcting the rear driveline angle. I thought I would give this product a try rather than cutting and welding (which is what I should have done in the first place and will be doing now).

It does what it advertises, but adds way more lift than the 1 5/8" they claim. The net result of correcting the spring from the folded position and the addition of the 1 5/8" from the bracket is more like 3". This is alot and has a secondary effect of now the shocks really need to be longer. I did give the product a fair test and did go out and flex the vehicle for about 15 minutes on some trail obstacles. It definetly rides smoother with the coil corrected, but it maxes out the shock travel way to soon now and causes an uncomfortable rear wheel off the ground situation.

Given the time it took to install these and now to remove them, I could have been done with the cutting and welding and not have spent the $160 on the brackets. I will now be uninstalling them and moving the upper brackets in addition to flipping them 180 degrees. Oh well time for more :beer::beer::beer::idea:

rock hopper
April 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM
Wanna sell em half price?

06rubi
April 2nd, 2009, 11:26 PM
Why not get a pair of 3.5" rear springs? I have them with stock rear spring and 2" springs in the front and my jeep sits level.

Snotty
April 4th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Why not get a pair of 3.5" rear springs? I have them with stock rear spring and 2" springs in the front and my jeep sits level.

x2

Edit: Looks they even recommend make the spring change.

The 1-5/8 of ride height gain generated by this kit has been planned for by either
using shorter rear springs (to keep same ride height) or adding front coil spacers
to gain a relatively equal amount of front and rear ride height.

edcarso0
April 5th, 2009, 07:23 PM
I'm already way beyond that. I have an existing 5.5" RE Long Arm Setup and there is no reason to go to a shorter coil.

06rubi
April 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Huh?:confused: By putting on the spring re-locaters you gained 2" of lift, so the back of your jeep is now 2" higher than the front. If you put a 3.5" spring in the rear and kept the re-locaters in you will sit level.:thumbsup:

edcarso0
April 7th, 2009, 04:30 PM
You would in fact sit level if you went to a shorter coil, but why would you do that and loose 2" of suspension travel. The goal of any suspension kit is to gain suspension travel and lift and performance, not to loose it with a stupid bracket.

Xtremjeepn-Cole Ford
April 7th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Most suspension kits don't really add much travel, rather they just make room for larger tires.

Your up travel will be limited by your tires and shocks more than the 2" of shorter coil. (of which some of the 2" is taken up by coil itself and may not really 2 more inches of movement). Down travel should be the same.

Jeep04lj
April 22nd, 2009, 12:18 PM
You would in fact sit level if you went to a shorter coil, but why would you do that and loose 2" of suspension travel. The goal of any suspension kit is to gain suspension travel and lift and performance, not to loose it with a stupid bracket.

because if you've bumpstopped the relocated spring according to the directions....aka, you've removed the appropriate bumpstop extension, then you will not loose any uptravel. uptravel is determined by the bumpstops to reduce suspension interference (shocks, track bars, long arms, etc). downtravel won't be effected....