PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Fishing?

RebelRescuer
April 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
Never fished for walleye before, but I'm going to in the near future (someplace near Glendoe, WY). Anybody have experience with walleye and what gear do I need? I'm assuming heavier test, but no idea about bate/lures/etc. We'll be in a boat if hthat matters.

mtn WJ
April 1st, 2009, 04:54 PM
No experience with Walleye - you need to find someone from the nothern part of the mid west to help you.

I was in Minneapolis last year about this time for a week. The first couple of days I heard things like the season opener is this week and lots of other hype about it.

I was not sure what season they were talking about. Baseball was already in play and basket ball was dwindling down and too early for football. I learned by watching it on the news that it was Walleye season. They take it very seriously there.

Have fun.

kmon35
April 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
My only Wyo. experience is at Seminoe res.

3" Mister twister jig with a 1/4 oz jig head in chartreuse tipped with a baby night crawler (or a half big one). Look for sandy points, windward side. Stay in about 9 feet of water, cast to the shore and side jig back. Keep the line tihgt and set the hook for anything that feels different.

Worm harness on a bottom bouncer, slow troll a 4 in Rapala work as well.

I've heard good things about Glendoe and pathfinder as well, but no experience.

dmeis
April 1st, 2009, 05:27 PM
Call me next time you're up there. ;)

My only Wyo. experience is at Seminoe res.

3" Mister twister jig with a 1/4 oz jig head in chartreuse tipped with a baby night crawler (or a half big one). Look for sandy points, windward side. Stay in about 9 feet of water, cast to the shore and side jig back. Keep the line tihgt and set the hook for anything that feels different.

Worm harness on a bottom bouncer, slow troll a 4 in Rapala work as well.

I've heard good things about Glendoe and pathfinder as well, but no experience.

mattpenhollow
April 29th, 2009, 12:47 PM
ive had a lot of luck with live minnows and a leadhead jig just bouncing it off the bottom. works really well if you can find a submegred island or other structure.