PDA

View Full Version : taurus millenium 45

oldcjguy
March 25th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I was going through the cases in the safe today looking for something and ran across a taurus millenium 45 that I ended up with in a trade a while back. Anyone have any experience with this pistol? I'm not a 45 guy normally, but it seems like a nice size for a ccw gun with a decent size 10rd mag. It would definitely be easier to hide than my desert eagle 40

Commander
March 25th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I had one for a few years as my CCW pistol. It was a nice size for that. The only problem I ever had with it was the springs in the mags getting weak from keeping them loaded too long.

I've now switched over to a Glock 30, and sold the Taurus because of the safety being different. I didn't want to get used to the safety on the Glock and get caught in a situation where I had to think about the safety on the Taurus.

oldcjguy
March 25th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Nothing wrong with glocks, but they do not fit my hand.

The barrel on the taurus looks super thin, but what do you expect from a compact 45.

BumperMan
March 25th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I have one, and love it. If you want to get rid of that one let me know. I am looking for one for my old man.

oldcjguy
March 25th, 2009, 08:00 PM
not selling it, but there is one listed on cologunmarket

Pilot
March 26th, 2009, 07:23 AM
I have a PT145 Millenium Pro .45. Its a very compact .45 with good capacity (10 +1) for such a small package. Its also more accurate than I anticipated. Mine has been great, but I carry a 9MM CZ more these days.

oldcjguy
March 26th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Cool. Glad to see this is a decent gun. I'l have to take it out to the range next week when I get time. It was the first time I have gone through the whole safe in a couple of years. Found a lot of stuff I didn't know I still had. Found a shoebox full of berretta 92's

I have a few of those CZ 9mm's. Pretty decent guns with a stupid low tag. All of mine are sealed in tin cans with extra mags and a few hundred rounds.

Pilot
March 26th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I have a few of those CZ 9mm's. Pretty decent guns with a stupid low tag. All of mine are sealed in tin cans with extra mags and a few hundred rounds.

Well, like everything else, their prices have really gone up recently, but they are still a good value. I have a 75B and a 75D PCR, plus the Kadet Kit .22 conversion that works on both. They rival my Browning Hi Power and HK P7's in the accuracy department. Great guns.

BIGNICK91K5
March 31st, 2009, 12:23 AM
What do those CZ 's go for $ these days?

Pilot
March 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM
^^^^^^^^

Check out this site. In general, most of their pistols are in the $500 - $600 range now where when I bought mine 5 - 10 years ago they were $350 - $450.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/21_82

oldcjguy
March 31st, 2009, 12:36 PM
pick up a shotgun news and look through the ads if you have an ffl that will take a shipment for you.

Phazertwo A.K.A Brenden
March 31st, 2009, 09:12 PM
Have one love it!

oldcjguy
April 5th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Finished going through the safe last night and found that I have a few cz-52's that I had forgotten about as well. Little awkward for magazine changes, but I have found the 52's to be decent shooters. Think I traded for them back when I got my first pps-43's to play with.

Jim B
April 6th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Finished going through the safe last night and found that I have a few cz-52's that I had forgotten about as well. Little awkward for magazine changes, but I have found the 52's to be decent shooters.
You probably already know this, but don't dry fire the CZ-52.

oldcjguy
April 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
cast firing pins are long gone. Last thing I want is a gun in my hand that might not fire.