PDA

View Full Version : So uninspired

ColoradoSkier
March 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM
So here I sit in Phoenix, with a nice, decently temperatured desert at my disposal (and a new Charger to take me out in it), and I just cannot get motivated to go take any pics. Been feeling uninspired for a while now. How do you get out of the funk?

shotgunchris
March 24th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Get off your butt, get out and take some shots. Getting started is difficult sometimes, but once you get started, you'll be happy you did.

Check out Casa Grande Ruins or the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum, if you have time to travel a bit.

ColoradoSkier
March 24th, 2009, 08:56 PM
I don't have a lot of time here to travel about. I think part of the problem is that I have been to PHX so many times over the years. But I did go out tonight to take some pics and take the Charger for a spin. Importing pics into Lightroom now. We'll see if I got anything good.

ColoradoSkier
March 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/3384368774_8b2a56272d_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3628/3383555131_e821f87673_b.jpg

Jeffro600
March 24th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Once you get in a slump, its hard to get out of it sometimes. I feel the same way sometimes where i just dont want to pick up a camera even though i have unlimited free time basically. Its normal though...

Easiest way to get out of it is to just force yourself to go take some pictures...go to the zoo, the beach, the lake, the park...anywhere and just start shooting. Some of my best pictures were taken when i really had no intentions of bringing a camera with me and where i kind of forced myself to go out and find something to shoot.

Phoenix is an AWESOME place to shoot...especially in the evenings when the desert light is soft. Most of the best spots are outside of town though...so go for a drive!

potter
March 24th, 2009, 09:47 PM
looking at other photography work is always what does it for me. i guess it's more getting inspired which motivates me.

rmjeep
March 25th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Lots of left over books from my dad's era...

I've got a 3 day weekend and am at a loss on where to go (to get out of town) and to take some pics..

Tiffany
March 25th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Flickr. Browse. Then try to emulate the good stuff you find.