PDA

View Full Version : Who has better prints?

Suki
March 11th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I found a thread (closed) about using personal printers but haven't stumbled across having someone else print.

Right now, i upload and print from Walmart for just the regular family pics, not the artsy stuff. But am wondering if Shutterfly/Target would have a better quality than walmart?

As i said before, i'm just doing this stuff for the family so I'm not looking for high quality output, but just something that will look good for the granparents.

We have a kodak easy share all in one printer that printed "ok", but now a year later it prints crap and everything is blue, lol! So eventually i'd like to buy another printer JUST for pictures, but until we can cough up that dough, i need to have it printed elsewhere.

thanks!

ColoradoSkier
March 11th, 2009, 11:31 AM
I love the stuff I have gotten from White House Custom Color - whcc.com

Tiffany
March 11th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Wolf Camera
Costco
WHCC
Mpix

Jeffro600
March 11th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Im pretty fortunate to have a FANTASTIC 1 hour photo guy at Walmart...hes the president of the local digital photo club and really knows his stuff and puts out some fantastic prints. I wont use anything but their 1 hour because their send away service has always been hit or miss for me. Costco has always been good to me too but their a little more expensive...plus you have to be a member and ive let mine expire. Adorama gets 99.9% of all my stuff i dont feel like standing in line for and if im not in a hurry for the finish product. Their fast, cheap and put out great products.

I dont deal with photo printers anymore...been there, done that...tired of buying cartridges that go bad or clog if you dont use them every week, paper and ink thats stupid expensive, etc....it just doesnt add up cost wise and its so frustrating half the time that the convenience just isnt there.

Suki
March 11th, 2009, 08:09 PM
well since i have an account with walmart i'll try the one hour for the nice stuff and regular for everything else.

Thanks alot everyone for all the input, lots of info to take in but hopefully i'll get the hang of it soon enough!