PDA

View Full Version : Flickr or Photobucket

Suki
March 11th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Which do you prefer? I've always used photobucet for all my pics but my MIL had asked me once before if i was on Flickr.

Any diff between the two or is it a matter of preference?

ColoradoSkier
March 11th, 2009, 07:07 AM
I prefer flickr personally.

Jeffro600
March 11th, 2009, 08:12 AM
And i prefer photobucket...for just general web posting at least.

Its more of a personal preference than anything.

Tiffany
March 11th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Photobucket showed noticeable photo degradation when I was using it. Flickr has issues with color muting.

I went with the muted colors of Flickr over the degradation of Photobucket.

Jeffro600
March 11th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Photobucket showed noticeable photo degradation when I was using it. Flickr has issues with color muting.

Interesting...i heard it was issues with using their proprietary image editing software, not one or the others actual website. Got any examples?

Suki
March 11th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Photobucket:

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo23/krice22/Artsy%20Fartsy/IMG_1553B.jpg

Flickr

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3408/3346838484_7815a965ee.jpg?v=0

lol, umm apart from the size difference, i don't see anything??? i did notice that while VIEWING the pics in either site, Flickr looked smoother, photob looked... different.

potter
March 11th, 2009, 12:25 PM
flickr's looks better from those two. you can tell in flickr's that there is image vignetting, however on the photobucket one you cannot distinctly notice it as vignetting.

Jeffro600
March 11th, 2009, 02:07 PM
flickr's looks better from those two. you can tell in flickr's that there is image vignetting, however on the photobucket one you cannot distinctly notice it as vignetting.

I dont think their edited the same...because i see a watermark in the Flikr one too... :shrug:

Regardless, its hard to tell when their way different sizes..i might play around with this later tonight...

Suki
March 11th, 2009, 02:44 PM
they're the same pic, i just added the watermark to it before uploading to flickr this AM. i haven't figured out how to link/post the full reso from flickr, with photobucket you can resize the pics, so that's why they're diff. sizes.

I think i'll end up staying with photobucket, i know that site backwards and forward, lol!