PDA

View Full Version : Why is this even a question?

ni0h
February 22nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,498007,00.html
Stupid ought to hurt and it ought to be expensive.
I'd add, though, a NFS webpage listing the exact identity of anyone who had to be hauled down, so when someone claims to have climbed the peak, he can be held up to ridicule and called a liar, since he went only halfway.

ArloGuthroJeep
February 22nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
The city is just enabling the idiots by even picking them up. Let them call, and let the city respond with a "walk your ass back down".

MonkeyBomb
February 22nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
The funny part is the City doesn't do anything. It's the county that has to do all the work. The city only has the road. If its not pavement or road it's either El Paso or Teller County S&R that ends up taking it or one of the Sheriff's offices.

Colin
February 23rd, 2009, 04:01 AM
Some people just shouldn't be climbing, I hated pikes for how damn busy it was.

If your prepared to go up, your prepared to go back down.

_CJ
February 26th, 2009, 08:22 PM
So, how long until somebody dies because they couldn't or wouldn't pay the $500?

How much money does the city make from the tolls on that road anyhow? Seems like there should be enough in their budget to pick up a few people from the top instead of pushing it off on the county.

ni0h
February 27th, 2009, 04:58 PM
No, you definitely don't leave somebody to die because they can't pay, but they should get the same sort of pressure - debt, collections, garnishment, etc. that deadbeats in the ER get.

_CJ
February 27th, 2009, 11:21 PM
My concern is that people will choose to not call at all because they're aware of the fine, and they'll end up dead in their effort to get off the mountain unassisted.

Yeah, you can call them a dumbass but would you prefer they die because of the mistake? Really?

As I said before, the city makes plenty of money on the tolls for that road. They should be able to cover a Suburban driving up the road to pick up a couple of people.

Colorado_Baja
March 8th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, you can call them a dumbass but would you prefer they die because of the mistake? Really?

I wouldn't wish death on anyone but what do you call someone who puts them selves in that situation? :shrug:

Dumbass seems pretty appropriate to me..

ni0h
March 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I remember standing on top of Longs, right there on the edge at the top of the diamond, dreading the walk back down; looking down at the lake, and wondering (with my oxygen-deprived remnant of a mind) whether maybe I could get enough horizontal velocity to make it to deep water and save 2 hours of descent time.

You didn't climb it unless you got yourself all the way back down.