PDA

View Full Version : Run on ammo

RebelRescuer
February 18th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Just heard from my uncle in Wyoming that everywhere he goes, there's no ammo. His friend (in a different part of the state) is having the same problem. The stores are saying they're having trouble getting it, and even more trouble keeping it in stock.

Interesting.

jeeplvr79
February 18th, 2009, 02:12 PM
same problem here in Colorado and with online suppliers

Yucca-Man
February 18th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Thank Barak Obama Soetoro for stimulating the economy immediately, starting on Election Day itself. He truly IS the Chosen One! :rofl:

Big Dave
February 18th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Nothing new, been that way for a couple months now.

FORMULA51
February 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Nothing new, been that way for a couple months now.

since nov 5 :mad:

FORMULA51
February 18th, 2009, 02:21 PM
:mad: <-- wow. the smilies are different when posted. i never knew that.

BumperMan
February 18th, 2009, 02:24 PM
What does he need? I might know a guy who knows a guy who has a friend etc...

RebelRescuer
February 18th, 2009, 02:28 PM
What does he need? I might know a guy who knows a guy who has a friend etc...

Oh we're just always looking. ;) I haven't been buying in a while because well, we're pretty set here. Didn't realize it was that bad out there though. Might have to add some more to the collection here and in WY if it can be found.

Jeffro600
February 19th, 2009, 09:14 PM
since nov 5 :mad:

Been that way here LONG before nov 5th...people knew it was coming and stocked up accordingly...im one of them. I knew the day was coming where shelves would be empty, prices would sky rocket and finding ammo in stock would be the equivalent of finding a straight guy in a gay bar.

Its unlikely that i will ever have to buy ammo again in my lifetime...unless i buy something in a caliber i dont already have.

Loki
February 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
finding a straight guy in a gay bar.

:eek: I would question the circumstances that caused you to search...But I really don't want to know.

:flipoff2:

Pilot
February 20th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Not only is ammo scarce but reloading components are also. Makes sense. Anybody try to buy primers lately? :mad:

supremebeholder
February 20th, 2009, 11:31 AM
About 2 weeks ago I had no trouble finding powder, but the three places I went were out of small pistol primers. Not sure about bullets because I had more than enough.

newracer
February 20th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I am trying to get into reloading, everything I want to buy is out of stock. I got my press, 223 and 204 dies but no shell plate, 9mm shell plate but no dies.

Loki
February 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM
Big 5 Sporting goods Got a shipment of ammo today. I won't go into details but if you complain about the price they may take $8.00 off each box. :pbj:

potter
February 20th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Big 5 Sporting goods Got a shipment of ammo today. I won't go into details but if you complain about the price they may take $8.00 off each box. :pbj:

Figures. Right when I just blew all my money on bills. Thanks for the tip though, I could prob at least afford one box.

CLYDE
February 20th, 2009, 04:54 PM
should probably contain your trolling to sections of less well armed people dontcha think??:flipoff2:

potter
February 20th, 2009, 05:18 PM
should probably contain your trolling to sections of less well armed people dontcha think??:flipoff2:

i wasn't trolling. i was serious, I normally stock up on more ammo for the summer, as that is when i do the most shooting.

im plenty armed myself though :flipoff2:

CLYDE
February 20th, 2009, 10:15 PM
lol ok, sometimes its hard to tell

1BGDOG
February 20th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Kinda funny, I went by a Wal-mart in Lafayette to grab a couple boxes of 9. NOTHING. I laughed. A bit silly, me thinks. As has been stated BEST president for the ammo/armory industry. On a side note, they do not sell guns/rifles so may not be high on their reorder.

PhantomD AKA Zach
February 20th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I usually purchase my ammo at either the wally world in lafayette or the one in flatirons mall... they have been out of stock for awhile... the last time i was there they said they got in a shipment 10 hours prior (the night before) and it was already half gone, the dude before me bought 5 boxes of 9mm and I bought 3 (100rds/box) I just check everytime I am there to see if they have more... I havent seen any since... they sometimes get more, but pistol rounds are near impossible to find...

-Zach

Gizmo42
February 20th, 2009, 11:59 PM
If you buy from walmart you have to be there right after they get their shipment. Went to the one on parker rd a few weeks ago to get some .40 and they had tons of it so I got 6 boxes but also wanted to get some .22 bulk and they didnt have any. Guy said they got in a few cases a couple days before and someone came up with a cart and bought up everything they just got in. The next weekend they were out of .40 but had just gotten .22 bulk so I got 6 boxes of that.

Gizmo42
February 21st, 2009, 05:44 PM
Was at the walmart at parker rd and chambers today. They have tons of CCI blazer brass 9mm. Get it before they run out. Only had a few boxes of federal bulk .22 and no .40 S&W :(

Gunner
February 22nd, 2009, 02:47 PM
Jax in Fort Collins got a shipment of 7.62x39 Hotshot the other day. My buddy called me and told me to come get some, it was $7.49 for a box of 20 and they limit you to 100. I have 650 rounds of it already, so I passed hoping I could be patient and find a better deal.

IH8PVMNT
February 23rd, 2009, 03:01 PM
Yeah just got a new Glock 19 and after going to three different stores I found 200 rounds in 9mm. What a crock. Plus they are FMJ so not good at all for home defense. Oh well I will continue my search :) Now I need to take it out shooting although 200 rounds won't last long.

Matt
February 23rd, 2009, 03:19 PM
How much did you pay for the Glock 19?

IH8PVMNT
February 23rd, 2009, 03:50 PM
I went to Jensens and paid 499 +tax. Was looking at quite a few different guns and really it came down to how the Glock felt in my hand. I had shot a Glock 23 a bunch of times and the 19 is identical except the caliber so I went with it. They also had a S&W I really liked how it felt but I had never shot that gun before so I wasn't willing to buy it yet. I might go rent one to see how I like it, it was a .45.

Pilot
February 23rd, 2009, 06:04 PM
I went to Jensens and paid 499 +tax. Was looking at quite a few different guns and really it came down to how the Glock felt in my hand. I had shot a Glock 23 a bunch of times and the 19 is identical except the caliber so I went with it.

That's a good deal on a great pistol. I think the Glock G19 is THE Glock to have. I prefer CZ's, but if I were to ever buy a Glock that would be it.

Search around on the internet for some 9MM. Its out there.

markd79ta
February 24th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Bass Pro Shops at Northfield has a lot of ammo on the shelf if you are willing to pay a couple of dollars more per box of 50. 9mm is about $12 for 50 and 223 is $10 for 20. They have 250rd packs of UMC 223 for $119.

IH8PVMNT
February 24th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Might have to hit up Bass Pro Shops. The ammo I got from dicks was 14.99 for a box of 50 of the 9mm.

IH8PVMNT
February 24th, 2009, 12:56 PM
That's a good deal on a great pistol. I think the Glock G19 is THE Glock to have. I prefer CZ's, but if I were to ever buy a Glock that would be it.

Search around on the internet for some 9MM. Its out there.

So far I really am enjoying it. I want to pick up a rifle too but have not done much research on that. Keeping in line with the topic of the thread how is the rifle ammo situation going?

Loki
February 24th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Well the rifle ammo depends on what your looking for, and how much your willing to pay. Most Hunting ammo is easier to find.

osirus82
February 25th, 2009, 11:04 AM
anyone noticed any 7.62/54r boxes around?

Gizmo42
February 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM

I havent seen any but havent really looked either. One of the guys at work is looking for some. Last time I went to Tanner gun show there was some old stuff and the cans were really corroded. There was one booth I saw there that had one of the 440 rd spam cans that looked like new. Once in a while I get sale ads in the mail from Midway and they usually have the 440 rd spam cans for around $130. The guy at work is thinking about having me get one for him next time I get a sale ad.

deadjeep
February 27th, 2009, 08:43 PM
ammodepot has the 54 for $199 for 2 440 cans

I was in 5280 yesterday and they had some boxes on the shelf, but I didn't pay any attention to how much

CapnCrunch
February 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
I haven't seen any 7.62x54R on shelves for a couple months now. Fortunately, I've got enough to last me for a while. Last weekend, however, I saw the shelves at Specialty Sports stocked pretty well with 9MM, .40, and .357 boxes. Prices were kinda high, though. I'm pretty well stocked with .40 so I didn't pick up any of that. I did, however, pick up a 250/box of .357 though. The previous weekend I picked up a 750/box of 7.62 NATO. Occasionally I find ammo at various Wal-Marts, but I guess it depends on timing.

Gizmo42
February 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM
ammodepot has the 54 for $199 for 2 440 cans

I was in 5280 yesterday and they had some boxes on the shelf, but I didn't pay any attention to how much

Have you tried the 440 cans of this stuff? Just wondering how good it is and if there are any problems with it. The guy I work with is kind of reluctant to buy it. Doesnt want to buy that much if there's a bunch that dont work.

Thanks for the tip on ammodepot though, gonna print out the page to give to him, better deal then with midway (got the latest sale thing in the mail y'day and didnt have the spam cans listed).

newracer
March 1st, 2009, 12:59 PM
Walmart in FoCo and in North Loveland both have lots of ammo as of this morning. A little less 9mm since I was there though.

CJ_More
March 1st, 2009, 07:22 PM
Walmart in FoCo and in North Loveland both have lots of ammo as of this morning. A little less 9mm since I was there though.

No .38 or .40 but lots of 45 and 9mm

Gizmo42
March 1st, 2009, 07:49 PM
Dont buy ammo from Dads at the tanner gun show. They dont reload them right. I bought some at the last show and after I bought it someone said they bought some once and had lots of jams with his XD. I shot some today and had tons of jams in my Ruger KP944 which normally will use anything you can put in it.

newracer
March 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM
No .38 or .40 but lots of 45 and 9mm

Went back later fro some brake fluid and almost all the 9mm was gone.

Loki
March 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
Picked up 6 100 rd boxes of WWB .45 Auto today at the Castle Rock Walmart. :D

There was another customer asking for WWB 9mm. The clerk said he was out of the Winchester but had 1 box 250 rds of UMC 9mm, and the customer passed.

markd79ta
March 1st, 2009, 11:15 PM
Dont buy ammo from Dads at the tanner gun show. They dont reload them right. I bought some at the last show and after I bought it someone said they bought some once and had lots of jams with his XD. I shot some today and had tons of jams in my Ruger KP944 which normally will use anything you can put in it.

I had my first reload jams with 9mm through my XDs last summer. After pulling out the caliper, I discovered that the brass was slightly out of spec. When I reload, I need to measure all the brass. About 1 in 100 needs to be tossed in the recycle bucket. If you shoot the re-manufactured stuff, you could have a problem with this.

I haven't had one jam with my reloads after measuring the brass. Incidentally, my 92Fs will shot the slightly out of spec brass with not problem.

Gizmo42
March 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM

Talked to the guy at work today. He said he bought some on sale at Big 5 this weekend. I dont know which big 5 he went to though.

RebelRescuer
March 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Firing Line had a TON of 9, 40, 45 stacked up in the hallway. Not sure if its for sale, and can't remember the brand (sorry) but they had it.

rokcrwlrtj
March 2nd, 2009, 02:11 PM
picked up 5 100 rd boxes of wwb 9mm here in GA today. First time they have had any while I have been in there for a month or so.