PDA

View Full Version : CoA4WDCi '09 Raffle Jeep - T&T Customs

RockYacht
February 6th, 2009, 11:38 AM
The association asked us to start the raffle Jeep for this year. They asked us if we would donate any time and effort into the Jeep and of course we jumped right on it. We have the Jeep in the shop right now and are installing our full body armor on it (Fenders & Corners, Rocker Guards, and our signature series Rock-Runner Front Winch Bumper).
~Fenders - We are donating a set of 4.5" Full Replacement Tube Fenders. We've moved the wheeel well opening back towards the firewall on our fenders to allow for a stretched wheel well and bigger tires without having to adjust the suspension. These fenders are a complete replacement piece - with inner fender, no hack-and-whack required.
~Corners - We are donating a set of 4.5" Full Replacement Tube Corners. Our YJ Corners have a TJ sized opening.
~Rocker Guards - Our 3/16" sliders take anything you can throw at them. They capture the center and the rear body mounts. They are compatable with all known fenders out there.
~Rock-Runner Front Bumper - This is our version of a stubby bumper with an extremely high approach angle. The i.d. of the bumper is formed to fit right on the end of the frame, you can't get any better without cutting away the front of the frame. 2 welded clevis mounts are standard issue.

We'll update you with pics as the Jeep comes together and heads back to the good folks south -o-the border for paint & body work.

Come see the Jeep and start buying your tickets at the CO RV show Mar 5th - 8th.

There's alot of goodies going on this Jeep! :D

Erin

RockYacht
February 6th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Here we got the corners on. Later you'll get to see pics with the Flare attched to them. As you can see the rear wheel well is stretched to a TJ Opening requiring some trimming of the body.

Check back later for more pics with the flares and sliders. Thats the next step.

RockYacht
February 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
We've got the sliders on now. Check the new integral step with dimpled "traction" holes.

Bob

a-squared
February 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Bump for TNT,

So I come to this show and buy tickets there?

ColoradoXJ
February 6th, 2009, 04:36 PM
correct. the state association will have a booth at the show, and you SHOULD be able to buy tickets there.

Oscar
February 6th, 2009, 04:49 PM
its this weekend in the springs

9fngrs
February 6th, 2009, 06:21 PM
thats an awsomes start. i was wondering who was doing it this year. Couldn't find any info on it till now. I have no doubt you guys will do a great job!!!

Jake_Blues
February 6th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Looks great... man I wish I had a boatload of money to take my JK to T&T and drop it off for a few weeks :)

-E

RockYacht
February 7th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Worked late last night and got the Fenders installed. We did some before and after measurements. After is much better... :D Theres plenty of room for bigger tires and a shackle reversal now.

Bob

RockYacht
February 7th, 2009, 10:32 AM
After seeing our handiwork we decided to throw some real skins at the little YJ. We have a set of 35 X 12.50/15 GoodYear MTRs on 15 X 8 Trail Ready BeadLocks that were off of another project so we bolted them on.

Keep in mind this is a pure stock, OEM as delivered from Jeep YJ. ALL STOCK suspension! :smokin: This stock YJ with our armor is ready to wheel - after some paint of course - with just our bolt on armor and a set of 35's.

Back to work, have to finish up the front fenders and get the bumper on. Then on to our new bolt on rear flares, should have all the fab wrapped up by Monday - then we'll "flex" the "little YJ that can" on the ramp and give some poser shots of a stock YJ on 35's.

Have a good weekend,

Bob

dapozer
February 7th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Bob, looking awsome, what are the plans for the lift and axles? I like the ride height as it sits but i would think it will go a little higher. Looking forward to seeing the rear flares, and the fenders are looking good. Are the pieces being painted color of jeep, powder coated, or just black? Keep the pics commin
Shawn

RockYacht
February 7th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Cory will have to fill you all in on the details. From what I was told, everything will be painted body color and they are working on a graphics theme for the entire Jeep as well. I've also heard from several sources that Josh @ CRANE/Crawlertech is stepping up to the plate with some axles for it. :smokin:

If I had my way, it would get a simple 2.5" SUA lift with a MORE shackle reversal kit and MORE shackles out back, a 1.25" Body Lift kit from JKS, a set of 37's, some sort of flat belly skid and a gas tank skid and the lucky winner could go wheel the hell out of it and have a super sano daily driver. Not sure exactly what Cory has in mind, but that's my $.02

Bob

Mike Boyle
February 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Looks great as is! If I were to build a YJ I'd be doing it just as you described (except swap in an XJ D30, an 8.8 and some lockers).

Crawlertech4x4
February 9th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Thanks Bob! Looking good!
Yup, we are donating/building the Rear Dana 60 and Front Dana 44
We are doing a Crane cover on the rear axle and Crane knuckles high steer arms and cover for the front 44.

Josh

WhyJay
February 10th, 2009, 08:55 PM
After seeing our handiwork we decided to throw some real skins at the little YJ. We have a set of 35 X 12.50/15 GoodYear MTRs on 15 X 8 Trail Ready BeadLocks that were off of another project so we bolted them on.

Keep in mind this is a pure stock, OEM as delivered from Jeep YJ. ALL STOCK suspension! :smokin: This stock YJ with our armor is ready to wheel - after some paint of course - with just our bolt on armor and a set of 35's.

Back to work, have to finish up the front fenders and get the bumper on. Then on to our new bolt on rear flares, should have all the fab wrapped up by Monday - then we'll "flex" the "little YJ that can" on the ramp and give some poser shots of a stock YJ on 35's.

Have a good weekend,

Bob

I like that look - reminds me of an old flattie. Nice stance.

RockYacht
February 13th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry for the snowy pics... As promised ramp pics from the little stock yj flex monster on 35s. :D It's on the bumpstops with room to spare. :smokin:

Also notice the Rock-Runner front stubby bumper and fairlead mount.

RockYacht
February 13th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Here's a few more snowy pics.

We've really enjoyed working on the raffle Jeep for this year. Buy some tickets!!! :D

Look for it at shows around CO this summer and in or near our booth at Easter Jeep Safari.

Bob

cheftyler
February 13th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Here's a few more snowy pics.

We've really enjoyed working on the raffle Jeep for this year. Buy some tickets!!! :D

Look for it at shows around CO this summer and in or near our booth at Easter Jeep Safari.

Bob

Ya forgot the pics, Bob :D

RockYacht
February 13th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Dayum 'puters

Fixed it for ya

Bob

cheftyler
February 13th, 2009, 08:36 PM
:thumbsup:

Matt
February 16th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Cute little bugger! I can't wait to see the finished project, and now that I'm rig-less, I'll be buying a bundle of tickets next fall.

GrnTj
February 18th, 2009, 11:24 PM
The fenders and corners came out great Bob! We stripped it back down last night and dropped it at the Maaco in Northglenn today for paint. Also thanks to Bob Schleppy at 4x4 Used Parts for donating a tailgate.

Crawlertech4x4
April 16th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Got the axles in for EJS, glad to help out!
Come out to the shows around and see it.
Shawn at RMH next door did some cool graphics on the hood too.

Josh

05Willys
April 16th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Where do you get the tickets and when is the raffle?
P

longboy
April 16th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Info on the raffle here: http://www.hightrails.org/raffle.html

The raffle drawing is usually held at the end of the year at one of the Toys for Tots drives.

JimhatTJ
April 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Where do you get the tickets and when is the raffle?
P

http://www.hightrails.org/raffle.html

05Willys
April 16th, 2009, 12:58 PM
O, that raffle. Cool!