PDA

View Full Version : POTM - Month 2: Connections

Jeffro600
January 31st, 2009, 10:32 PM
Rules:

Since the forum only allows 10 entries in a poll, the top 10 photos will be chosen by the moderators of this forum(ColoradoSkier, Tiffany and myself). Im expecting several entries every month(hopefully!)and doing two or three polls just adds to the confusion, difficulty and chaos of trying to make this work. So if there are more than 10 entries, we will collectively choose what we feel is the best 10 and put them in the poll to be voted on.

Along side of EXIF data, i would also like to see each entry summarized in how, where, when and with what equipment it was shot in...if any special techniques were used, what programs were used in post processing, etc...in your own words. You can only gather so much information from EXIF data but hearing a photographer speak on how they obtained a shot and any post processing they applied to it will only make us all better. A quick summary on why this photo fits this particular theme would also be appreciated. I know, we've had some in the past that you kinda just had to scratch your head and wonder how that pertained to the contest. But if you explain how it fits, great!

EXIF data will be in place...if its not, entry will not be considered. If you have any problems or need assistance in getting EXIF to show up, ask! This does not need to be typed in or displayed with your post but please leave it accessible inside if your file so anyone can pull it up with EXIF reading software(the EXIF it embedded in your photo file).

Entry will be posted no larger than 1024x768. IF you have a larger image you would like to link to, thats perfectly fine but for forum purposes and to keep the thread width size manageable, keep it at the above size or else your photo will be deleted and not considered for the contest.

There will be one entry per member. However, if during that month, you decide to change your photo because you got a better one or just like a different one, you can do so as long as its during the contest period. A month is a long time to shoot and i know ill take a picture one day, take a few more a few days later and say, "wow, those are much better".

Entry will be submitted in the allotted time period. This contest is for the month of February-March. Theme will be released Feb 1st and will be closed for entries at 11:59PM(Mountain Time) on March 31st.

This months theme is "Connections". Good entries last month! Keep em up!

Mike Boyle
February 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Ok I already have an idea for this one. Hopefully I can pull it off (unlike last months :rolleyes: )

Jeffro600
February 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Should i even do one for March? :confused:

Tiffany
March 1st, 2009, 12:44 AM
Thats funny...we all forgot Sheba's Feb blog topic as well. :confused:

ColoradoSkier
March 2nd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Doh. Just extend it a couple weeks, I promise I'll take something.

Apparently a month is too long for people to forget about it.

thenimirra
March 2nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
This month was extremely busy and difficult. I didn't even take a shot for my own damn blog item! Just had too much else to do.

cheftyler
March 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Doh. Just extend it a couple weeks, I promise I'll take something.

Apparently a month is too long for people to forget about it.

x2...mine won't be a great picture just based on the local but it fits the topic well.

Jeffro600
March 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Alright...ill just extend it the entire month of march...so till midnight at March 31st. HOPEFULLY 2 months is plenty of time! :flipoff2:

I think what else im going to do is not put this on a sticky...we have so much stuff stickied already that once you read it, if theres no new posts its easy to skip over and not even see it and forget all about it. Ill make sure it stays where its plenty noticeable.