PDA

View Full Version : C&S Fab Winter Build Project Doggin It.

Clint
November 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
We will be spending the winter building up a YJ for our very own Birddog59. He took his little YJ up billings and got HOOKED. So, Birddoggy is on his way south for the winter, and his jeep is in the shop.

The Plan:

Swap out existing 8.8 and D30 for 9" and Dana44
Stretch WB out to 100-103"
fuel cell
New cage with MasterCraft seats mounted to cage
4 link rear w/ SAW 14" coilovers
3 link front w/ SAW 14" coilovers
New bumpers/some armor changes/improvements
Possibly some paint (Lets make it RED! that would be unique)
Some bling bling :)

So far ClemsonKrawler and I have been tearing the jeep down. We will start working on front suspension very soon.

pics of progress thus far:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/dogginit6.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/dogginit7.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/dogginit9.jpg

Steve
November 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
We need more to do this winter. :silly:

Clint
November 6th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Yeah, there is ANOTHER jeep sitting in the driveway, and I still gotta pick up that FJ40!

birddog59
November 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Definitely not red. Looks like you two were busy today. Thanks for the update! :beer:

shawnw
November 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Can't wait to see what it looks like with coilovers

birddog59
November 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
X10

Steve
November 6th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Ghost flames? Cool graphics?

:evil:

Steve
November 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Negative ghostrider, pattern is full.

Who are you and when did you become King?

:flipoff2:

Clint
November 6th, 2008, 09:28 PM
LOL, now children.

khag4
November 6th, 2008, 09:32 PM
HEy You guys better Hurry up Thats my Tj sittin in the driveway... Just kidding guys NO rush on it.. I got nothin but time... Can't wait to see mine on here ...

Clint
November 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
HEy You guys better Hurry up Thats my Tj sittin in the driveway... Just kidding guys NO rush on it.. I got nothin but time... Can't wait to see mine on here ...

;) as soon as my EB comes out, yours goes in.

Hippie
November 7th, 2008, 08:12 AM

I could bring Rock Kitty's over for you to finish :flipoff2:

mtn WJ
November 7th, 2008, 01:09 PM
;) as soon as my EB comes out, yours goes in.

Just save some time and space for my little projects.

birddog59
November 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
PSC Tube fenders, 4" RE YJ Lift Kit, and LOD Rear bumper/tire carrier now for sale in Classifieds!

scottycards
November 7th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Why swap an 8.8 for a 9"? Same for D44 for 30.

I see slight gains, but justifiable?

Scooter
November 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM

X2 especially if the D30 was a HP!:shrug:

CSP
November 7th, 2008, 04:09 PM

Additional width maybe?

birddog59
November 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Wanting to go full width, wanting to go to 5x5 1/5 bolt pattern. Got both the 9" and the 44 for less than I sold the 8.8 and the 30 for.

scottycards
November 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Wanting to go full width, wanting to go to 5x5 1/5 bolt pattern. Got both the 9" and the 44 for less than I sold the 8.8 and the 30 for.

Nice. Figured there was a reason. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cheepin
November 7th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Still I would even bother with a 44 if I was doing all this work to the suspension.There are a couple of sets of 1tons for sale in the classifieds right now.

Clint
November 7th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Still I would even bother with a 44 if I was doing all this work to the suspension.There are a couple of sets of 1tons for sale in the classifieds right now.

Its a decent upgrade for him and was gotten on the cheap. Hes running a 4 cyl, and it really makes sense for this project. Now, if after NEXT winter when we stick a V8 in it, THEN it would be a simple task to slap a D60 under it if needed.

birddog59
November 7th, 2008, 08:57 PM
60's would be sweet, but there is a definite budget for this build and C&S understands it. 60's are beyond the budget at this point. Got the axles, seats, fuel cell, and several other components for this build used and at very good prices. Many of them right here on CO4x4. I am 3 years from my son going to college, and 5 years from having two in college.

Hobbies are what keeps us from going crazy at work, but wives and kids are what keep us from spending everything on our hobbies. Probably for the best that way.

I am not capable of building a rig to the level I would like one. Luckily I have friends in the business who are. When they need a dog trained or help with their fishing skills, they know who to call.

Thanks to C&S and others for helping me achieve progress toward something I have been dreaming of for a long time!

Clint
November 7th, 2008, 09:24 PM
60's would be sweet, but there is a definite budget for this build and C&S understands it. 60's are beyond the budget at this point. Got the axles, seats, fuel cell, and several other components for this build used and at very good prices. Many of them right here on CO4x4. I am 3 years from my son going to college, and 5 years from having two in college.

Hobbies are what keeps us from going crazy at work, but wives and kids are what keep us from spending everything on our hobbies. Probably for the best that way.

I am not capable of building a rig to the level I would like one. Luckily I have friends in the business who are. When they need a dog trained or help with their fishing skills, they know who to call.

Thanks to C&S and others for helping me achieve progress toward something I have been dreaming of for a long time!

:thumbsup:

cheepin
November 7th, 2008, 09:53 PM
I understand the budget thing.That's why I do my own work and I don't run coliovers.I mean a linked coilover suspension is not really budget to me.Just my $.02cents

jowwo
November 8th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Very well put. My budget is so tight right now it's makin' my eyes water.:)
Maybe it was posted and I missed it but, what size tires?

Clint
November 8th, 2008, 09:42 AM
37" MTR's on TR Beadlocks.

jowwo
November 26th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Hello...Hello...Hello...Where'd everybody Go...Go...Go...

Clint
November 26th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Still here, been slow going in the month of Nov :)

Hope to make some progress on it this weekend and Dec will see alot get done on it.

birddog59
November 28th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Yes, more pics please!:flipoff2::beer:

BigE
November 29th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Its a decent upgrade for him and was gotten on the cheap. Hes running a 4 cyl, and it really makes sense for this project. Now, if after NEXT winter when we stick a V8 in it, THEN it would be a simple task to slap a D60 under it if needed.
Yeah 4 cylinders don't break 44 shafts. :)

Clint
November 30th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Got the front of the frame all cut off today. Cut it off behind the gnarly shock mounts that were there. Lowered the grill 1" and got the new frame section tacked in. Will build the front bumper/crossmember tomorrow and get the P/S Box clocked flat and installed and the winch plate set in place. Will post pics when there is something to post :)

birddog59
December 1st, 2008, 04:59 PM
Cool, I know it probably sounds boring to you but I am dying to see the progress again live at Christmas. Thanks for keeping us posted Clint. The rear bench seat is enroute via UPS. :beer:

Clint
December 1st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Cool, I know it probably sounds boring to you but I am dying to see the progress again live at Christmas. Thanks for keeping us posted Clint. The rear bench seat is enroute via UPS. :beer:

We might not let you see it John :evil: :flipoff2:

ammodog76
December 2nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
Clint, ive got an evil sketch of the front end, im gonna try to scan it and send it to you at work in the am. John do you have any color prefs or can i wing it for the drawing?

clemsonkrawler
December 3rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Send it my way too Chet.

<<<My name at gmail.com

ammodog76
December 3rd, 2008, 12:08 PM
You got it Justin, it will be later today

birddog59
December 3rd, 2008, 03:43 PM
Clint, ive got an evil sketch of the front end, im gonna try to scan it and send it to you at work in the am. John do you have any color prefs or can i wing it for the drawing?

Wing it! Forward me a copy of the drawings too please Chet. jhaney1@earthlink.net

ammodog76
December 3rd, 2008, 05:23 PM
Having trouble finding a scanner guys, i will get it out soon, i took a pic with my phone and sent it to Clint but it doesnt do it justice, i stuck with the scheme the three of us were thinking about sat. evening.

Clint
December 3rd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Dont send John NUTTIN!

Paint is part of the suprise :D

Lots of Neon green right?

Clint
December 3rd, 2008, 07:06 PM
Justin and I got all the crap cut off the 9" today, and got the PS box mounted up.

Couple pics:

http://mail.eddytech.net/candsfab/dogginit/johnjeep11.jpg

http://mail.eddytech.net/candsfab/dogginit/johnjeep12.jpg

http://mail.eddytech.net/candsfab/dogginit/johnjeep13.jpg

ammodog76
December 3rd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Yea bro, it was green and that fungus color we didnt like right? you gotta stop feedin me da beerz, p.s. mount turned out good have to revamp the bumper a little? kinda close, maybe kick the wedge peices down 30 deg. and the front down 45? looks nice. wish i didnt have this fawkin job.:shrug:

ammodog76
December 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
And i ownz da page 2, John you want the spare on the hood right? would be sic...... think about it.:D

birddog59
December 4th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Will there be room for the spare on the hood with the snorkle? You guys are having too much fun fawkin with me. :flipoff2::flipoff2::beer:

Clint
December 4th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Will there be room for the spare on the hood with the snorkle? You guys are having too much fun fawkin with me. :flipoff2::flipoff2::beer:

;)

Justin was telling me a story of a jeep he saw with stacks and flappers on it. looked like a tractor....said it was a real eyecatcher....hmmmmm

ammodog76
December 4th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Clint, Justin, is there anyway you can think of to turn the beadlocks into spinners? just thought it would go nice with the pink neon lights underneath:D:D Cheers John:beer:

cheepin
December 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Justin and I got all the crap cut off the 9" today, and got the PS box mounted up.
http://mail.eddytech.net/candsfab/dogginit/johnjeep13.jpg

Are the bolts holes sleeved?I think I would have ran the plate to the bottom of the frame.It just looks unfinished the way it is now.Looking good though.Keep up with the pics.I will steal some ideas for my Cheepster.

clemsonkrawler
December 4th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Bolt holes are all sleeved. The final brace will run all the way to the bottom, but we left some room since the angle of the front crossmember isnt decided yet.

Clint
December 4th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Are the bolts holes sleeved?I think I would have ran the plate to the bottom of the frame.It just looks unfinished the way it is now.Looking good though.Keep up with the pics.I will steal some ideas for my Cheepster.

What clemson said. Will tie it all in when the winch plate is done. All slugged with 1" DOM 1/2" ID

Frame material up front is 3/16

birddog59
December 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Did the rear bench seat arrive? How does it look?

clemsonkrawler
December 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM
It showed up the other night, it looks like a giant fawkin box. We were too busy workin on the front end to open it.

Clint
December 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
It showed up the other night, it looks like a giant fawkin box. We were too busy workin on the front end to open it.

LOL, told him the box was HUGE. did I mention it was HUGE? Takes up the whole carport. Coulda fit a couch in there.

birddog59
December 5th, 2008, 06:36 PM
LOL, told him the box was HUGE. did I mention it was HUGE? Takes up the whole carport. Coulda fit a couch in there.

It may be huge but it was cheap!:flipoff2:

birddog59
December 14th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I will be home next Thursday the 18th for Christmas break. Looking forward to seeing the project in person again!:beer:

Clint
December 14th, 2008, 01:03 PM
All the brackets and joints showed up.....will be locating the front axle shortly and building suspension....

birddog59
December 14th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cool, I will be down to GJ on the 19th or 20th to do some Christmas shopping and see you guys!:beer:

birddog59
December 20th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Good to see you guys yesterday! Jeep is coming along nicely, cannot wait for spring and breaking it in!:cool::beer::cool:

DANGERRANGER
December 20th, 2008, 10:10 AM
:worthless:pics! pics! pics!

Clint
December 20th, 2008, 11:20 AM
:worthless:pics! pics! pics!

no pics for you!

If I get done what I want over the next couple days Ill have pics for ya.

birddog59
January 1st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Happy New Year!:beer:

Clint, could we get our bi-monthly photo?:flipoff2:

Mike Boyle
January 1st, 2009, 07:10 PM
Happy New Year!:beer:

Clint, could we get our bi-monthly photo?:flipoff2:

Doubt it, remember, he got a scratch on his little finger! :flipoff2:

BURNTFISH
January 2nd, 2009, 12:50 PM
It is just a flesh wound.

89minitruck
January 3rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Yeah... LOTS of flesh gone.

rokcrwlrtj
January 16th, 2009, 07:07 PM
updates?

89minitruck
January 23rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Economy sucks... too busy drinking.

Clint
January 23rd, 2009, 09:05 PM
will build front suspension this weekend and post up.

birddog59
January 24th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing that!:beer:

Mike Boyle
January 24th, 2009, 11:18 PM
will build front suspension this weekend and post up.

Translation: Wife just had our third child. There's no way I'm getting any for a long time. Guess I'll have plenty of time to spend in the shop. :flipoff2:

Clint
January 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Translation: Wife just had our third child. There's no way I'm getting any for a long time. Guess I'll have plenty of time to spend in the shop. :flipoff2:

Did we talk today? :flipoff2:

Welded up a bunch of brackets today and located the front axle. Ill weld brackets to the axle tomorrow, making progress. got pics, its late. Ill post up tomorrow :)

birddog59
January 25th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Did we talk today? :flipoff2:

Welded up a bunch of brackets today and located the front axle. Ill weld brackets to the axle tomorrow, making progress. got pics, its late. Ill post up tomorrow :)

It's tomorrow.

Clint
January 25th, 2009, 05:47 PM
It's tomorrow.

:tisk::tisk: eyes werkin on jeeps all day :)

Clint
January 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Ok, life is calming down, things are happening. Gonna go quick from here on.

Used axles that John bought have been cleaned up and gone through, D44 R&P will be set up in the next couple of days. Once that is done, steering will be completed, along with hydro assist setup from PSC. Going simple/clean knuckle over Chevy 1 ton ends.

Here is the location of the front D44. It needs to move back about 1 1/2" for its final location, but you get the idea up front. Very little approach angle, clean front end without a bunch of junk in the way.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/d44setup4.jpg

Here you can see approx ride height. It might go down an inch or so, but its real close. Gonna be low, but not Clemson Low :flipoff2:Coilovers will have about 5" up and 9" down in the front.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/d44setup5.jpg

We are going with a radius arm style setup up front. Arms will be about 33-35" eye to eye with johnny joint on the frame mount. Front end should be mounted up by Friday/Sat at the latest and sitting on the coilovers.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/D44setup3.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/D44setup2.jpg

birddog59
January 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Looks great man! Thanks for the update!!:beer::beer:

Steve
January 25th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Lookin' good. I'll get the gears installed and set up this week John.

birddog59
January 25th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Cool! Thanks you guys. Can't wait to get home.:beer:

Clint, the diff cover should be on the way to your house this week.

89minitruck
January 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Nice...

ColoradoXJ
January 26th, 2009, 10:46 PM

:spit:

guys, the build is looking good :D

Steve
January 29th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Installed and set up gears in your front axle today John. :)

birddog59
January 30th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Cool Steve, thanks. Sounds like it will be like a giant blueish green beer coaster tonight! Wish I could be there.:beer::beer::beer:

Clint
January 30th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Front axle is located, winch plate is done. Trac bar mount is tacked in place, radius arms are in the works. Should have the YJ sitting on coilovers on the front tomorrow sometime...will post pics :)

I also have some toyota 4runner sitting outside my shop. its huge. like godzirra huge. Its going to invade japan soon and take out Tokyo.

jsmith440
January 31st, 2009, 07:32 AM
Clint you want a jeep out there too? LOL :D

Clint
January 31st, 2009, 09:50 AM
Clint you want a jeep out there too? LOL :D

Pretty soon we will :) Steve keeps weird hours. hes up at 530 am, and is eating dinner at 4pm and in bed at 6:30....its hard to work around it. Im gonna have to call aarp for their brochure "how to deal with old people"

jsmith440
January 31st, 2009, 10:14 AM
That's funny.:spit::spit:

Steve
January 31st, 2009, 04:02 PM
Pretty soon we will :) Steve keeps weird hours. hes up at 530 am, and is eating dinner at 4pm and in bed at 6:30....its hard to work around it. Im gonna have to call aarp for their brochure "how to deal with old people"

:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

89minitruck
January 31st, 2009, 05:40 PM
that's a little funny... and a little mean.

Clint
February 1st, 2009, 12:38 AM
:flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2::flipoff2:

He musta fell asleep holding that key down :flipoff2::flipoff2:

birddog59
February 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
Is it sitting on it's new front axle? How was the Birthday/Vasectomy Shower Party?

Clint
February 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM
close. I would think Tuesday night sometime it will be if things work out with scheduling. Front end looks good though. Winch is mounted, grill is all hacked up and put back together, radius arms are 1/2 done. Need to bend up the hoops and hang the coilovers, YEAH! :)

party was fun, have to have another one after you get back.

birddog59
February 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
close. I would think Tuesday night sometime it will be if things work out with scheduling. Front end looks good though. Winch is mounted, grill is all hacked up and put back together, radius arms are 1/2 done. Need to bend up the hoops and hang the coilovers, YEAH! :)

party was fun, have to have another one after you get back.

Cool. Are pictures extra?:beer::flipoff2::beer:

Will there be a pool for the actual date of V-Day? I'm in for $5 on July 11th not sure yet 2009 or 2010!

clemsonkrawler
February 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Will there be a pool for the actual date of V-Day? I'm in for $5 on July 11th not sure yet 2009 or 2010!

Im in for $20... the monday after he knocks up Dana with #4. I got another $20 that says Dana does it herself!:flipoff2:

89minitruck
February 1st, 2009, 10:29 PM
Ouch...

Clint
February 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
A little more progress was made over the last few days...

Got the axle located and trac bar semi built.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/tracbar.jpg

Bottom of the radius arms are built, greasable bushings on axle end, johnny joint on frame end. 35" eye to eye.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/radiusarm1.jpg

Winch is mounted, grill cutting started, still some cleanup to do and sheetmetal work, but its coming along.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/grill.jpg

Here is how the rig sits with the axle moved forward and all the *stuff* got off the front end :)

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/stance.jpg

Gotta finish up the arms, weld brackets to frame, bend up hoops for coilovers, then its on to the rear end....

Justin and I would have gotten more done, but some guy parked a 4runner in the way and demanded we help him with it :flipoff2:

birddog59
February 3rd, 2009, 06:52 AM
Looks great, thanks for taking the time to post the pics!:beer:

Steven_Mc
February 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
Looks good! I dig it! I've been contemplating doing something similar with the front half of the frame on my setup... My only hesitation is adding more work to a project that has already drug on much longer than it should have. :shrug:

Clint
February 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
looks Great, Thanks For Taking The Time To Post The Pics!:beer:

:p:d

bluexj
February 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Godzilla:rant::flipoff2:

shawnw
February 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
looks gud! I hate you BTW

clemsonkrawler
February 3rd, 2009, 03:17 PM
I just love that the one pic I get into.... has me leaning against the workbench, drinking a beer.

birddog59
February 3rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
It's your good side though.:flipoff2:

Clint
February 3rd, 2009, 05:23 PM
It's your good side though.:flipoff2:

:lmao:

ammodog76
February 3rd, 2009, 09:56 PM
Looks good guys, wish i could be there

birddog59
February 3rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
Looks good guys, wish i could be there

Why can't you?

ammodog76
February 5th, 2009, 01:18 AM
We are in the middle of starting 2 new gas plants and the 4 or 5 days off i get every month are spent doing really cool sh!t like laundry

ammodog76
February 5th, 2009, 01:24 AM
On a brighter note the new "schedule" came out and it looks like we should back to 7 on 7 off by mid month or march 1st, looks like Justin could use some help with that beer:beer: the upside is all the overtime has afforded me a new toy.......it alot like yours John so ill have plenty of parts:D When are you gonna be back?

birddog59
February 5th, 2009, 07:37 AM
On a brighter note the new "schedule" came out and it looks like we should back to 7 on 7 off by mid month or march 1st, looks like Justin could use some help with that beer:beer: the upside is all the overtime has afforded me a new toy.......it alot like yours John so ill have plenty of parts:D When are you gonna be back?

Should be home the third week of March. New toys! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Clint
February 5th, 2009, 01:54 PM
BD, thoughts? A little different direction than the 37s? Lemme know before we bolt em up. :D

http://www.colorado4x4.org/gallery/files/9/0/8/jeeptires_526153.jpg

birddog59
February 5th, 2009, 05:36 PM
The Queen of Norwegian Soul Food would be stoked if that was what we were going with.:flipoff2:

Mike Boyle
February 5th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Too much side wall and not a large enough wheel!

Clint
February 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Got a little more knocked out today. Pass side radius arm is done, driver is almost complete. Tomorrow the coilovers get mounted up front.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/gallery/files/9/0/8/radiusarmdone.jpg

http://www.colorado4x4.org/gallery/files/9/0/8/radiusarmdone1.jpg

clemsonkrawler
February 7th, 2009, 09:59 PM
lookin good. I have a meeting tomorrow morning, so its a good bet that Ill be tied up all day again.

Clint
February 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
lookin good. I have a meeting tomorrow morning, so its a good bet that Ill be tied up all day again.

bummer, thats what on call gets ya though :)

Im gonna do my darndest to get it sitting on coilovers tomorrow :)

birddog59
February 7th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Looks good man! I will be checking in tomorrow for sure.:hail:

cheftyler
February 7th, 2009, 10:07 PM
no adjustment in the radius arms to adjust caster?

Clint
February 7th, 2009, 10:09 PM
no adjustment in the radius arms to adjust caster?

Naa, dont think Ill need it. I have it on the set I built for the EB and even when I changed tire sizes, moved the front end, etc, it never got touched.

cheftyler
February 7th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Bueno :thumbsup:

Clint
February 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
After kicking around the fact that briddog might end up with a HP60 I decided to make the tops of the radius arms adjustable. If he was going to stick with the D44, I would have left it.

got both radius arms done and mounted to the frame, everything is squared up and happy. Got the trac bar cut and mounted and started figuring out the coilover hoops.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/radiusarmdone2.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/tracbardone.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/coiloverfitting1.jpg

clemsonkrawler
February 8th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Wow... pics and all!! A comp in the garage gets you going doesnt it?

Clint
February 8th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Wow... pics and all!! A comp in the garage gets you going doesnt it?

I knew if I didnt post up, BD would start sending me those subtle messages again :flipoff2:

clemsonkrawler
February 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I knew if I didnt post up, BD would start sending me those subtle messages again :flipoff2:

He sends subtle messages?:flipoff2:

jimminyC
February 8th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Adjustability is goooooood. Nice work homie. I think I'm going to get some 2"-3/4" shank Johnnys for my rig. All the cool kids have JJ's.

Clint
February 8th, 2009, 11:31 PM
thanks, its coming along good. Hollar when you wanna buy the JJ's, Ill point you in the direction to save a few bucks.

cheftyler
February 9th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Lookin good.

ColoradoXJ
February 9th, 2009, 12:48 AM
that looks sweet :thumbsup:

jimminyC
February 9th, 2009, 09:52 AM
thanks, its coming along good. Hollar when you wanna buy the JJ's, Ill point you in the direction to save a few bucks.

Doh....ordered them this morning.

birddog59
February 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I'm not subtle? :flipoff2::beer::beer::beer:

shawnw
February 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Seeing it first hand...it looks good. John you lucky bastige...

birddog59
February 14th, 2009, 06:56 PM
You guys need to stop for a :beer: and take some more pics of Justin's gut next to the jeep! :thumbsup:

shawnw
February 14th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I was gonna do something raunchy to it, but the troll beer kept me from it.

Cresso
February 15th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Hey Clint, no wristing on either of the radius arms? You're gonna miss out on some articulation.

Clint
February 15th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Hey Clint, no wristing on either of the radius arms? You're gonna miss out on some articulation.

Ya know, I think it might lose just a bit, but Im not sure. I havent run mine unlocked in a LONG TIME. Since I changed to the JJ at the frame it works really well, and these are also 35" long. Im gonna go with it like that to see right now, but on the EB I have 10" of downtravel on the CO's and I can hit it....so. I think if it was a hard mount like the originals then there would be a problem, but we will see ;)

Cresso
February 16th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Gotcha. Looked again and yer right, those arms are long enough that it probably won't be limited at all. :thumbsup:

Clint
February 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Gotcha. Looked again and yer right, those arms are long enough that it probably won't be limited at all. :thumbsup:

Im hoping :) I looked at them laying on the bench for a long time before I went ahead and welded them up.

MtnRunner
February 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
I think a triangle of dimpled sheet welded to both sides of the radius arm junction would look sweet and give you some Baja strength too :)

Clint
February 27th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Progress was made today. I got the coilover hoops installed and the tabs on. Took some cutting of the grill to get it done, but it worked out well and looks good. The hoops are really hard to see from the front of the rig which makes it look good.

MtnRunner, my new dimple dies showed up yesterday and that was the plan on the radius arms :)

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/coiloverhoop1.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/coiloverhoop2.jpg

birddog59
February 27th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Cool

Thanks for the photo update! :beer:

g60patrol
February 27th, 2009, 11:21 PM
dimple dies :drool::drool::drool:

cheepin
February 28th, 2009, 06:45 PM
After kicking around the fact that briddog might end up with a HP60 I decided to make the tops of the radius arms adjustable. If he was going to stick with the D44, I would have left it.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/radiusarmdone2.jpg

How is this adjustable when the upper bar is welded solid to the lower?I would think in order to be able to adjust you would need a joint instead of the solid weld.

89minitruck
February 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Sweet...

rokcrwlrtj
February 28th, 2009, 10:35 PM
How is this adjustable when the upper bar is welded solid to the lower?I would think in order to be able to adjust you would need a joint instead of the solid weld.

See that jam nut and heim joint looking thingie at the axle end. :shrug:

cheepin
February 28th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yes.But without having a third pivit point.There doesn't seem to be any adjustment.The arms are basicily a Y on its side.If you adjust the upper joint say out.The axle bracket would pivit on the lower joints bolt.The upper hole would travel in a radius.This being,if you pulled the arms and turned the joints in or out the joints would not line up holes in the bracket.

Clint
March 1st, 2009, 12:07 AM
Yes.But without having a third pivit point.There doesn't seem to be any adjustment.The arms are basicily a Y on its side.If you adjust the upper joint say out.The axle bracket would pivit on the lower joints bolt.The upper hole would travel in a radius.This being,if you pulled the arms and turned the joints in or out the joints would not line up holes in the bracket.

Im not sure Im following you. The arms are set up to roll through the radius of adjustment as much as makes sense. They are designed to adjust the pinion angle at the top johnny joint, as shown by the placement of the top part of the radius arm. We are talking 2 full turns in or out for pinion angle. Of course if you wanted a huge adjustment then you would need to make them pivot at the point you mentioned.

If adjustment is needed for the axle as a whole, it can be done with the johnny joint at the frame mount.

ammodog76
March 1st, 2009, 10:48 AM

no habla

Clint
March 1st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Hoops and tabs are all welded up, trac bar bracket is welded, nasty winch cable pulled from winch and tossed in pile of johns jeep outside. Making fairlead plate shortly and finishing a few small things up front, then its on to the rear.

cheepin
March 1st, 2009, 11:31 AM
Im not sure Im following you. The arms are set up to roll through the radius of adjustment as much as makes sense. They are designed to adjust the pinion angle at the top johnny joint, as shown by the placement of the top part of the radius arm. We are talking 2 full turns in or out for pinion angle. Of course if you wanted a huge adjustment then you would need to make them pivot at the point you mentioned.

If adjustment is needed for the axle as a whole, it can be done with the johnny joint at the frame mount.

I guess I am questioning whether the top johnny joint would still bolt back up if you did do even one full turn.If you say that it will,then cool.

birddog59
March 1st, 2009, 11:35 AM
Hoops and tabs are all welded up, trac bar bracket is welded, nasty winch cable pulled from winch and tossed in pile of johns jeep outside. Making fairlead plate shortly and finishing a few small things up front, then its on to the rear.

:hail:

You are going to need a bigger yard shortly.

Clint
March 1st, 2009, 11:38 AM
I guess I am questioning whether the top johnny joint would still bolt back up if you did do even one full turn.If you say that it will,then cool.

It does and will. that was what determined the location of the top arm.

Clint
March 3rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
Got the mass of the front bumper done tonight, thanks to G60patrol and toyskeleton for coming out and makin stuff with me :)

I bent up some plate yesterday and did not like how it looked, so some changes were made, and new plate was bent up. After a test fit, some cuts were made and it was welded in. Have to figure out how im going to mount the fairlead for the rope, but the mass of the bumper is done.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/bumper2.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/bumper1.jpg

birddog59
March 3rd, 2009, 04:05 AM
I am running out of adjectives. Man that bumper looks trick! :beer:

CLYDE
March 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
I need something similar to that for the front of Mongo, just a xmember out there right now.

Clint
March 3rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
I am running out of adjectives. Man that bumper looks trick! :beer:

Thats what I like to hear!!!

bluexj
March 3rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Looks good sorry I could not stay out there and help out.

clemsonkrawler
March 3rd, 2009, 01:11 PM
I like it. :beer:

jeepn4evr
March 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
I need something similar to that for the front of Mongo, just a xmember out there right now.

x2 except for a CJ5 and a 72 HIGHBOY with d rings & a reciever hitch & light mounts or lights mounted in bumper itself

wait that sounds like a totally different bumper. Like the way that one looks but want to add a few things too it

89minitruck
March 3rd, 2009, 04:24 PM
It looks stellar.

Clint
March 3rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
Took off corner protectors, rockers, cut up the tub and cut the frame off. G60Patrol, (Jeff) came out again, and will be a regular part of this and future projects for C&S.

Couple a motivated guys, like cramming for a homework assignment that was put off till the last day :D

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/tub1.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/rearframe1.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/rearframe2.jpg

89minitruck
March 3rd, 2009, 11:07 PM
I sure do like that red rig...

mattjp
March 4th, 2009, 12:50 AM
can you take some pic's of the rear frame being put back together ?? it looks like i am going to have to do this to my 98 tj rear bc of rust and rot. also what size box frame tube is that and much did you need ? i am pore college student so i need to make sure i do this right the first time. thanks for any info you can give me

Clint
March 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Looks like Ill take the night off and we hope to have the rear frame done on friday sometime, then start working on rear suspension and cage! Good stuff :)

rokcrwlrtj
March 4th, 2009, 10:44 PM
What kind of set up are you going for? In between crawling and go fast?

Clint
March 4th, 2009, 11:20 PM
What kind of set up are you going for? In between crawling and go fast?

Yeah....

rokcrwlrtj
March 4th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Sweet I need some inspiration. Right now the rear end only has 2.5" up Till the links hit the tub.

Mike Boyle
March 5th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Bumper turned out great Clint. :thumbsup:

guapotaco
March 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
looks good! can't wait to see the next project:D

jasongjco1
March 8th, 2009, 10:18 AM
Just out of curiosity, with that front suspension designed the way it is, do the front heims twist at all? It doesn't seem like they can, which would give the control arms half of the potential twist. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never seen a setup like this in person.

KidsandJeep
March 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Clint/Steve,

Could you provide more details/pics on that steering box and the mounting. I would like to do something similar on my M38, mounting directly to the frame. What type of box is that? Did you box it w/ 3/16 or 1/8 plate? Tubing used? The steering box that came with my project is a stamped 7826692 on the Housing with 5693463 stamped to the front, I believe after looking this is a GM steering box. Anyway, the project looks great!!

Thanks,

--Scott

Clint
March 8th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, with that front suspension designed the way it is, do the front heims twist at all? It doesn't seem like they can, which would give the control arms half of the potential twist. Maybe I'm wrong. I've never seen a setup like this in person.

heims? There is only one heim, on the trac bar. The johnny joints on the top of the radius arms are mainly there for adjustment of the pinion angle. There is a bushing on the lower radius arm axle mount, so the top JJ will not move much at all. Most of the movement will come from the frame end of the radius arm.

Here is a pic to compare it to....same setup and hits the end of the 16" coilovers with 11" of downtravel:

http://mail.eddytech.net/bronco/Billings907/images/Billings%2049.jpg

jasongjco1
March 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Gotcha. JJ's just seemed a bit strange with no twist needed.

birddog59
March 8th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Clint/Steve,

Could you provide more details/pics on that steering box and the mounting. I would like to do something similar on my M38, mounting directly to the frame. What type of box is that? Did you box it w/ 3/16 or 1/8 plate? Tubing used? The steering box that came with my project is a stamped 7826692 on the Housing with 5693463 stamped to the front, I believe after looking this is a GM steering box. Anyway, the project looks great!!

Thanks,

--Scott

Scott,

Clint can answer better but it is my stock steering box ported and tapped.

rokcrwlrtj
March 23rd, 2009, 12:58 AM
SOooooooo, doggies home and its spring time. Is it done yet?

tjjared413
March 24th, 2009, 06:27 AM
up dates?? just about time to wheel.:flipoff2:

Alpine Spirit
March 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Project is really coming along!

Clint
March 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
SOooooooo, doggies home and its spring time. Is it done yet?

up dates?? just about time to wheel.:flipoff2:

another big push this week/weekend. work to be done includes shaving 9", installing new rear inner fender tops, locating 9" and building 4 link, finishing rear frame changes.

birddog59
March 25th, 2009, 05:18 PM
We are right on schedule. :thumbsup: I cannot wait to get down to GJ Friday and see the beast (the jeep, not Clint) and drink a :beer: with y'all!

I will take pictures.

Maybe even some of the YJ. :flipoff2:

clemsonkrawler
March 25th, 2009, 06:01 PM
We are right on schedule. :thumbsup: I cannot wait to get down to GJ Friday and see the beast (the jeep, not Clint) and drink a :beer: with y'all!

I will take pictures.

Maybe even some of the YJ. :flipoff2:

Ya mean theres something else in the shop besides me with a :beer: ????

Clint
March 28th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Rear frame work is almost done, inner fender tops have been installed, hope to shave the 9" tomorrow sometime, then onto 4 link. Will post up pics tomorrow evening.

birddog59
March 28th, 2009, 10:06 PM
Was great to be in the shop with you guys yesterday. It is way more fun to see in person than looking at pics on my laptop. The new inner rear fenders are sweet, and I can't wait to see how the rear frame comes out this week.

You need a bigger shop. :flipoff2:

See you next Friday!:beer::beer:

Clint
March 29th, 2009, 12:03 PM

clemsonkrawler
March 29th, 2009, 12:20 PM

If it didnt take him 6 months to finish a silly little YJ, he would have plenty of room.:flipoff2::beer:

Clint
March 31st, 2009, 10:34 PM
Rear fenderwell caps are done. rear framework almost done. have to fishplate and weld it all up.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/rearfenderwell2.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/rearframedone1.jpg

rokcrwlrtj
March 31st, 2009, 10:39 PM
Lookin good Clint and John:beer:.

MtnRunner
April 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM
Rear fenderwell caps are done. rear framework almost done. have to fishplate and weld it all up.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/rearframedone1.jpg

Looks real close to how I did my rear frame on my YJ. How come you didn't continue the frame out to serve as the rear bumper flush mounted to the rear tub though? Makes for a great departure angle and low profile bumper.

Looking good!

Is this rig getting Air Shocks or Coilovers in the rear? Air Shocks will clear with full width axles used but coilovers will need notches in the new frame section under full stuff conditions. Or, you could go TJ rear coils like Colo Custom Crawlers used to use on their rear 4 links and use reg. shocks.

Clint
April 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Looks real close to how I did my rear frame on my YJ. How come you didn't continue the frame out to serve as the rear bumper flush mounted to the rear tub though? Makes for a great departure angle and low profile bumper.

Looking good!

cause i didnt wanna.

Have other ideas. :D

cheepin
April 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM

Looks good.Do you have a side pic?I may have to do this myself.

X2: on bringing the frame out past the body and incorporating the bumper.That is unless your adding some tubework to the rear.(IE)tire carrier.

birddog59
April 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Went to Palisade today and worked with Clint and Jeff in the shop. Jeff worked on shaving the Nine and Clint worked on removing unneeded leaf spring mounts from the frame. That new plasma cutter sure is nice. :beer: I left before Jeff finished the Nine so I did not get a good finished shot of it.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/birddog59/YJ/P4180160Medium.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/birddog59/YJ/P4180153.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/birddog59/YJ/P4180151Medium.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/birddog59/YJ/P4180169Medium.jpg

You can see the new rear frame section leaned up against the YJ in the shot of Clint cutting away the mounts. Can't wait to get back down there next Friday. :cool:

Bauer
April 28th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Update????

Clint
May 17th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Progress since that last update ages ago.

Front fenders are done, armor hung, and cage mostly done. will do gussets and tie ins tomorrow most likely. coming along nicely now that we are able to work on it!

Pics for BD before he drives down here tonight :D

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cagwork%20003.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cagwork%20004.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cagwork%20006.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cagwork%20007.jpg

Steve
May 17th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I like the lines on the cage. :thumbsup:

birddog59
May 17th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Looking great man, will look forward to getting down there again next Friday!

bluexj
May 17th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Was fun working on it today can't wait to see it on the trail.

birddog59
May 17th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks for helping Jason!

guapotaco
May 18th, 2009, 04:24 PM
put a fire under it John and lets get these rigs done so we can go play, we got climbing to do, cage looks great

Clint
May 28th, 2009, 11:47 PM
cage is all welded up, tie rod is installed, bearings greased, races pressed, hubs soaking in gunk. spindles soaking in gunk, front end to go back together tomorrow. fancy diff cover installed.

seats mounted/tested for fitment, tabs on cage for tuffy box installed. stock skid plate clearanced for 4 link. new calipers here tomorrow, 4 link and coilover time WOOHOOO

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cageseats%20002.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cageseats%20004.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/cageseats%20006.jpg

Steven_Mc
May 29th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Looks good! Could you imagine if you forgot to slip those tabs onto the tube for the seats before you welded the cage up?? :D - That sounds like something I would do. :flipoff2:

Wally
May 29th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Change the title to C&S Fab Summer Build Bird Doggin it would ya :lolly: Looks good clint, can't wait to see it in action

Clint
May 30th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Rear truss is done. Tub is removed, frame is clean of all old brackets and rust and gunk. 4 link gets finished in the am, then hoping to get the frame/cage/axles/links/fenders painted tomorrow night.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs081.snc1/4544_1108371283715_1659835802_253595_13796_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4544/50/7/1659835802/n1659835802_253583_743577.jpg

Clint
June 1st, 2009, 12:02 AM
rear end is together

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4544/50/7/1659835802/n1659835802_254229_5265237.jpg

links are done

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs081.snc1/4544_1108712292240_1659835802_254225_5059069_n.jpg

jeepything is 4 linked

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs081.snc1/4544_1108676411343_1659835802_254176_4965018_n.jpg

coilovers are mounted.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs081.snc1/4544_1108749733176_1659835802_254307_7074951_n.jpg

Clint
June 5th, 2009, 02:14 AM
frame/cage, axles, etc is all painted. getting it put together, gonna paint tub in the AM sometime.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4394/50/7/1659835802/n1659835802_258904_5524101.jpg

Impaired
June 5th, 2009, 08:10 AM
:drool:

birddog59
June 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM
:hail::pbj::beer::beer::beer:

Steven_Mc
June 5th, 2009, 01:17 PM
What color is that? Looks good!

I'm assuming it's an optical illusion, but it looks like the coil over mounts are narrower at the axle than they are at the frame, like this: \ /

Am I seeing things or was that intentionally done?

Clint
June 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM
What color is that? Looks good!

I'm assuming it's an optical illusion, but it looks like the coil over mounts are narrower at the axle than they are at the frame, like this: \ /

Am I seeing things or was that intentionally done?

done to match the front mainly. the way I wanted it set up with the front end the way it is, caused a couple degree lean.

Clint
June 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Almost done with jeepything. body work will be done on thurs, paint on friday, assembly early next week.

some pics:

Keep in mind, coilovers are charged, no weight, the whole thing is sitting REALLY high.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork%20%2810%29.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork%20%288%29.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork%20%286%29.jpg

Pics of body parts:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork%20%285%29.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork%20%284%29.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalwork%20%281%29.jpg

Wally
June 10th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Man that looks like an awefull lot of work Clint. NICE JOB

guapotaco
June 10th, 2009, 10:59 AM
thats looking really clean clint, nice work

Clint
June 11th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Man that looks like an awefull lot of work Clint. NICE JOB

Yup, that YJ had some issues from the start. Required LOTS of cleanup, all the way down to the body work. had some good rust in it, lots of dents with horrible repair work done. Thanks for the compliment. John will have a pretty darn cool rig and I have a rolling advertisement :)

Clint
June 11th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Wally, did you stop by today while I was gone? Went to the shop and jeepything flopped right over...figured you must have rubbed on it or something :D

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs094.snc1/4694_1113692416740_1659835802_266764_6830732_n.jpg

Wally
June 12th, 2009, 10:31 AM
:spit: nope wasn't me...but i do need to swing by and get those damn bilstiens before you find a new home for them :D

89minitruck
June 12th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Rig looks awesome...

guapotaco
June 17th, 2009, 05:00 PM
:sleep:

Clint
June 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Ok, tons of time were spent cleaning/sanding/cleaning/prepping/taping, etc the jeepything.

Its pretty darn clean considering the shape it was in.

I painted it today. two coats of epoxy primer, 2 coats of urethane paint. green. its GREEN. REALLY GREEN. BRIGHT GREEN its :drool:

Here is what bright green does to an exhaust fan.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20001.jpg

Pic of tub:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20008.jpg

grill and hood:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20009.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20010.jpg

Fenders:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20011.jpg

tailgate and light rings:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20012.jpg

Tub and firewall:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20013.jpg

windshield frame, etc:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20015.jpg

hood/grill etc:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/painted%20016.jpg

89minitruck
June 17th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Sweet.

Mike Boyle
June 17th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I like the color! :thumbsup:

birddog59
June 17th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Looks great man!

clemsonkrawler
June 18th, 2009, 06:37 AM
http://nodders.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/slimertoon.jpg

first thing that came to mind.

Mickey*B
June 18th, 2009, 07:22 PM
WoW! That's green and then some!

sjahnke79
June 18th, 2009, 07:26 PM

who ya gonna call! right on the money Ck...

Clint
June 18th, 2009, 11:31 PM

glad ya like it.

birddog59
June 19th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I like it. No, I love it. No rain, no rainbow. :beer:

birddog59
June 19th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I am old. Who/what is that cartoon character?

Sound_Man
June 19th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I am old. Who/what is that cartoon character?
You must be really really old..

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2009/05/ghostbusters.jpg

http://movies.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ghostbusters-3.jpg

birddog59
June 19th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Ghostbusters had a cartoon? I am really old. :flipoff2:

Sound_Man
June 19th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Kermit approves!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/themudpig/excited.gif

BumperMan
June 22nd, 2009, 08:29 PM
Kermit approves!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w50/themudpig/excited.gif

Yup, my thoughts exactly. Is that the same color as the new green ford escape

Clint
June 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
nope, its pretty much an older mopar color, sub-lime.

cheepin
June 22nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
Light 'em up lime.Love the color!

Clint
June 23rd, 2009, 11:37 PM
couple pics. going back together quickly:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v653/50/7/1659835802/n1659835802_282496_938207.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs083.snc1/5020_1119508162130_1659835802_282493_3366665_n.jpg

most of the wiring and engine stuff is all back together, old extra junk wiring pulled out. Seats bolted in, harnesses in, have to finish bolting cage and tub down, put fenders/grill/hood together and go from there.

Mountain_YJ
June 24th, 2009, 01:15 AM
damn dude. Ive not seen that thing for ever, it's looking fricken good:drool:
I like the color, but im also attracted to bright and shiny objects:D

Steven_Mc
June 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Wow, Looks good! Still looks like it is sitting pretty tall. I like the contrast of the paint between the body and cage/frame.

tjjared413
June 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Wow, Looks good! Still looks like it is sitting pretty tall. I like the contrast of the paint between the body and cage/frame.

x2

bluexj
June 24th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I think he is gonna go with some shorter springs.

Clint
June 27th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Alright, assembly continues..... Spring issue fixed, tub bolted down, lots of little things done, will be hooking up brakes and fuel system tomorrow morning....

couple pics:

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalassembly%20002.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalassembly%20007.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalassembly%20005.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/finalassembly%20008.jpg

Mountain_YJ
June 27th, 2009, 07:26 PM
:drool:

Clint
June 28th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Stoopid front axle seal is leaking, not sure why, but will have to pull front end apart tomorrow and fix it. Almost time to take it for a spin!!

noahfecks
June 29th, 2009, 01:11 AM
This thing turned out :drool::cool:! Is it just the angle of the pic or are you gonna have to comp cut the rear of that tub? Top notch work, just like every thing else you put your name on.

Clint
June 29th, 2009, 10:04 AM
This thing turned out :drool::cool:! Is it just the angle of the pic or are you gonna have to comp cut the rear of that tub? Top notch work, just like every thing else you put your name on.

Just the angle, it should work out just right where its at. Have 5" of up travel in the rear, 6 in the front, should leave enough room for 40s if the owner decides to upgrade axles down the road.

Thanks for the compliment man!

guapotaco
June 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM
hell yea...!!!:beer: thats way nice

89minitruck
June 29th, 2009, 11:07 PM
That is awesome. Dude... seriously.... you do GOOD work.

tjjared413
June 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
i like it alot :thumbsup:

Clint
July 11th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Couple of crappy camera phone pics. Taking it for a spin tomorrow it looks like.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs122.snc1/5280_1128120457432_1659835802_306860_6138431_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs142.snc1/5280_1128120257427_1659835802_306859_2575647_n.jpg

89minitruck
July 11th, 2009, 07:28 PM
I am confident... I will never own a rig as clean as that.

Outstanding work.

Clint
July 18th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Rig is pretty much done, need to touch up some of the paint, pull new skid plate out and paint it, add a rear harness bar for the back seat, thats about it. Took it for a drive today, got some poser shots.

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/complete1.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/complete2.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/complete3.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/complete6.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/complete5.jpg

http://mail.candsfab.com/candsfab/dogginit/complete8.jpg

Steve
July 18th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Outstanding work. :hail:

Post a before & after pic together, that'll be an amazing comparison. :thumbsup:

Clint
July 18th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Outstanding work. :hail:

Post a before & after pic together, that'll be an amazing comparison. :thumbsup:

Thanks Steve, Ill have to round up a good profile before pic. Ive got a couple, but nothing that will show a good profile.

Mike Boyle
July 18th, 2009, 11:10 PM
:thumbsup: Nice work Clint and Jeff.

Clint
July 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
THanks Mike. was a lot of work, but it was well worth it in the end. On to the next project it looks like :)

MtnRunner
July 19th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Very nice!

birddog59
July 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Looks great guys! Cannot believe the transformation. Wish I could come down there and pick it up today.

Before:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/birddog59/YJ/95YJ013.jpg

Clint
August 25th, 2009, 11:48 PM
http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn270/birddog59/YJ/P8210511Medium.jpg

Colin
November 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
I missed the last couple of pages of this build, amazing work! Love the color, looks like it would glow in the dark :cool:

71 bronc
February 13th, 2010, 02:01 PM
the jeep looks WAY better, nice work clint. Funny to see my hardtop in some of the outside pictures.:drool::hail: