PDA

View Full Version : Finally! We're ready to switch to the new board.

Eric
April 15th, 2004, 02:02 AM
The importer has finally been released along with an update to the new software. I have the update installed so all that remains is crossing fingers and trying the import script. Following a successful import I will have some housekeeping to do before opening up the new forums but that shouldn't take very long.

What this means:</font> We can finally move ahead with our transition to the new bulletin board software</font> We will not lose the last week's worth of posts as I will be importing the current board.</font> I will be shutting down CO4x4 again in the near future when I attempt to transfer everything to the new software. I will try to give as much advance notice as I can before shutting down the board. For reference, the last time I was only able to offer about 5 minutes notice :rolleyes:</font> Registrations will reopen as soon as we have completed the transfer and confirmed that all is well.</font>
When will this happen? I don't know. The ball is finally back in my court so now I just need to find the time to do this. I have a busy schedule outside of these forums, but I will take care of this as soon as I can. That means it most likely won't happen today, but come Monday we should be on the new board.

If I encounter any issues with the importer I will reopen the current board while the issues are sorted out.

Almost there... smile.gif

longboy
April 15th, 2004, 02:42 AM
need me to bring you a 12 pack on my way home from work? :D

Big Dave
April 15th, 2004, 04:17 AM
graemlins/beer.gif

BradC
April 15th, 2004, 09:35 AM
Thanks Eric!

CJ Corey
April 18th, 2004, 05:25 PM
did it work?

Eric
April 19th, 2004, 02:04 AM
Unfortunately I didn't have time this weekend to work on this. I don't want to keep pushing this off, so at this point I'm planning on doing this Tuesday evening.

PhantomD AKA Zach
April 21st, 2004, 05:33 AM
so, it's wednesday, we are still on the old board, unless it looks exaclty like the old one, and i thought that it was going to look different. I would assume that you got busy. Just wondering what is up.

Thanks Eric!

Zach

longboy
April 21st, 2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by PhantomD AKA Zach:
so, it's wednesday, we are still on the old board, unless it looks exaclty like the old one, and i thought that it was going to look different. I would assume that you got busy. Just wondering what is up.

Thanks Eric!

Zach http://www.colorado4x4.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000045