PDA

View Full Version : Software updated, but not finished yet

Eric
June 1st, 2008, 04:40 AM
Tonight I updated our software for:

Front page / portal
Bulletin board
Photo gallery

There are some known issues such as the random photo gallery missing on the front page, the smaller ad images missing for the CO4x4 sponsors, the forum summary isn't quite right (no spaces between categories), the UserCP link in the Forum Jump menu still isn't working, etc. If you see other problems please post them in this thread. I'm not finished with the update, just finished for tonight and I believe we're at least functional again. I'll post updates here as I finish implementing the changes.

Right now most of the new features are turned off as I focus on getting the layout and functionality right. Some cool stuff still to come!

Again, the updates are NOT finished yet.

Crazy Ed's
June 4th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Not receiving PM notifications by Email?
I did check my settings?
Ed

JimhatTJ
June 4th, 2008, 11:16 AM
thats strange i just received an email notification of a pm.

Eric
June 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
There are some known issues such as the random photo gallery missing on the front page, the smaller ad images missing for the CO4x4 sponsors, the forum summary isn't quite right (no spaces between categories), the UserCP link in the Forum Jump menu still isn't working, etc. If you see other problems please post them in this thread.
Highlighted items above have been fixed, still picking away at the rest. Should be caught up on everything this weekend.

Not receiving PM notifications by Email?
I did check my settings?
Ed

I haven't received any bounced email errors and it sounds like at least some people are receiving notices. Have you checked your spam / bulk mail / deleted items / trash folder to see if CO4x4 email is being treated as spam?

ER
CO4x4

Jefe
June 6th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Buddy list isnt working.

freestyle_6981
June 6th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Buddy list isnt working.

X2 here,

thanks

team D.A.T.A.
June 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Image deletion from gallery no longer working.

JeepWheelin02
June 6th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Can't see who voted for what on polls anymore.

Eric
June 7th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Buddy list isnt working.

X2 here,

thanks

Are you referring to the buddy list module on the left? That just shows who's online at the moment from your buddy list, no the whole list (perhaps I should rename that module). Go to the Quick Links menu above and click Open Contacts Popup. Is that what you're looking for?

Image deletion from gallery no longer working.
I know we sorted this out already, but for the benefit of others to delete images in the photo gallery you need to click on the image, then click the Image Tools dropdown menu, select Edit Image, and you can delete it there. I realize it's a pain because you have to do this for each image, but there's an update on the way that should make this easier. Another suggestion I've read, if you have several images to delete you can create a category, move the images to the new category, and then delete the category.

Can't see who voted for what on polls anymore.

Not all polls show you who voted for what, that's a poll setting. Are you saying that setting is no longer available or that the setting isn't working? Try creating one in th test forum and I'll take a look.

JeepWheelin02
June 7th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Not all polls show you who voted for what, that's a poll setting. Are you saying that setting is no longer available or that the setting isn't working? Try creating one in th test forum and I'll take a look.

Use to be able to see who voted what on Lunatic Fringe and can't see it anymore. Not sure about the setting or any of that other stuff as I have never started a poll. Just noticed that every poll I have looked at since the move can't see who voted what.

birddog59
June 12th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Since the server move, there is a lag time in Private messages arriving in your private message folder. Used to be immediate. You can be in a Forum, you see a notification of a private message. Go to your messages, not there. Back to forum, notification there, back to message folder not there. It takes a while for it to get to your message folder even though the notification shows it is there. It is not a big deal but definitely happens. I am not bitching just making it known if it has not already be mentioned.

Eric
June 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Random photo gallery pics on the front page are working again.

Category spacings are back on the forum summary page.

Started looking into some of the new board features.

Use to be able to see who voted what on Lunatic Fringe and can't see it anymore. Not sure about the setting or any of that other stuff as I have never started a poll. Just noticed that every poll I have looked at since the move can't see who voted what.
It may have been an artifact of the move or software upgrade, I don't know. It appears the option is still there for creating a public poll, but at this time I can't change a poll from private to public (or vice versa).

Since the server move, there is a lag time in Private messages arriving in your private message folder. Used to be immediate. You can be in a Forum, you see a notification of a private message. Go to your messages, not there. Back to forum, notification there, back to message folder not there. It takes a while for it to get to your message folder even though the notification shows it is there. It is not a big deal but definitely happens. I am not bitching just making it known if it has not already be mentioned.
This isn't something I've experienced yet, but thanks for pointing it out so I can watch for it.

Big Dave
June 12th, 2008, 06:26 PM

Are you refreshing the page in your inbox? Could be a cached page you're seeing.

birddog59
June 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Are you refreshing the page in your inbox? Could be a cached page you're seeing.

I am doing nothing different then I did before the move. It is just an observation, I am not complaining. Just reporting.

birddog59
June 17th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ads are not automatically expiring after two weeks in the for sale forums.

Eric
June 18th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Thanks, I'll look into it.

Oscar
June 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM
I cant get the buddy list to work just comes up blank

Steve
June 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM

That's because you have no buddies. :P

birddog59
June 18th, 2008, 10:38 PM

They could be on strike.

Eric
June 30th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Fixed.

However attachments and photo gallery uploads were broken on the last server move. I fixed the attachments with a bandaid but can't fix the photo gallery. It's a server config problem, so the server admin is working on it. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

jph3
July 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a lag in getting through the site... I am fine cruising other sites, but have noticed co4x4 freezing. :shrug:

Are there still updates going on? Just wondering...

Oscar
July 2nd, 2008, 02:14 PM
yea pretty slow even get can't find page once in awhile

ToyRunner1
July 2nd, 2008, 10:35 PM
It is running extremely slow most of the time for me no matter where I log in from. Also I still do not get email notifications for PMs.

Frank Z
July 2nd, 2008, 11:14 PM
Yep, Slowwwwwwwww

Big Dave
July 3rd, 2008, 09:59 AM
Couldn't get on at all late last night or this morning.

CLYDE
July 3rd, 2008, 10:19 AM
yep, just came back up. Im starting to wonder about the new server:shrug:

Or is this just further updates???

Eric whats up?

Clint
July 3rd, 2008, 10:39 AM
yep, just came back up. Im starting to wonder about the new server:shrug:

Or is this just further updates???

Eric whats up?

x2, seeems like its down just as much as its up, and when its up its SLOW.

Oscar
July 3rd, 2008, 10:51 AM
seem a bit quicker this morning

Eric
July 3rd, 2008, 04:33 PM
I don't know what's going on, they didn't inform me of any planned outages and the server config still hasn't been fixed. :mad: I liked the last server they had us on better, it was quick and everything worked. This one seems to be nothing but problems.

CLYDE
July 3rd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hope they are giving you credit for the downtime, and then some more for the headache.

Eric
July 3rd, 2008, 10:02 PM
Photo Gallery is working again and I removed the attachment bandaid, so we should be back to normal. At least as far as features working, still seems slow at the moment. Edit: Speed seems good now?

POS owner
July 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
I don't know what's going on, they didn't inform me of any planned outages and the server config still hasn't been fixed. :mad: I liked the last server they had us on better, it was quick and everything worked. This one seems to be nothing but problems.

I know this may be to little too late but I'm pretty happy with my server provider.

I got a lil pissy cause it went down twice in the last couple months but they got it right back up.

PM me if your looking for a different server provider:beer:

ToyRunner1
July 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
What about the PM notification problems?

Walking Eagle
July 5th, 2008, 01:01 AM
I received PM notifications a couple of hours ago.

ToyRunner1
July 5th, 2008, 06:21 PM
I haven't been receiving them since prior to the server move. I have checked, and reset, the boxes to make sure that they were correct, but still don't get any.

Walking Eagle
July 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't know what to say, I received another today. :shrug:

jph3
July 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Photo Gallery is working again and I removed the attachment bandaid, so we should be back to normal. At least as far as features working, still seems slow at the moment. Edit: Speed seems good now?

It was down last night and again this morning... I check back 10 minutes later, and it is running again??

And still running slow from what I have seen... The time it takes for pages to load is really slow... I run Comcast, so I check through other sites to make sure it is not my internet connection.

Frank Z
July 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Well Jebus H Tap Dancin' McJebus...still way slow.

Frank Z
July 8th, 2008, 11:58 PM
Here's another glitch.

Click on New Posts, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Page 2...Error Message, No matches found.

CapnCrunch
July 9th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Well Jebus H Tap Dancin' McJebus...still way slow.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/Mrs_Butterworth%27s_logo.jpg

74BuckinBronc
July 16th, 2008, 02:05 PM
My signature isn't showing up, at least for me. Seems some members' are and some aren't.

J.D.

74BuckinBronc
July 16th, 2008, 02:06 PM
There it is, why did it go away?

longboy
July 16th, 2008, 02:14 PM
It shows up on your first post in each thread, but not on subsequent posts in the same thread. Maybe that's the issue you're noticing?

74BuckinBronc
July 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
mmm, could be. Thanks!

Frank Z
August 2nd, 2008, 11:36 PM
So I click on new Posts and a Database Eroor Screen pops-up.

Which one of youz been breakin' shiz again?

Oscar
August 2nd, 2008, 11:46 PM
it was totally busted this afternoon

Walking Eagle
August 2nd, 2008, 11:49 PM
I think the heat got to it. Had a major melt down.

Colin
August 3rd, 2008, 12:23 AM
I blame the curseded one, even if he doesn't have server access :flipoff2:

Xtremjeepn-Cole Ford
August 4th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Can't pull up "today's active topics" or "New Posts". Get a "database error"

Oscar
August 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM
oh frank is cursing computers now sweet

Cresso
August 4th, 2008, 04:24 PM
As mentioned in the thread in the suggestion box concerning this issue, we're aware of the error and are working to get it fixed as quickly as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BigE
August 5th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Today's posts and new posts not working for me either..It hasn't been working the last few days or more that i know of..:shrug:

Colin
August 5th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Eric
August 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM
The database errors should be fixed now, sorry for the delayed response.

ER
CO4x4