PDA

View Full Version : FAQ: Where'd my post/thread go?

Camp
July 20th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Making adjustments

Scott@Rockstomper
January 5th, 2005, 03:09 PM
If your classified ad got deleted, there's probably a 90% chance that you didn't have a price in it. 90% or more of the ads I delete, are for exactly that; the overwhelming majority of mod-deletes of ads (you'll note that the "delete thread" box has a reason under it--whenever a moderator deletes a thread, we always use that so the other mods know why) are also for no price. "I paid $100, make me an offer" is not a price. "$100 or best offer" is a price. The moderators can see deleted posts and threads.

About the only other regular reason for ads to be deleted is if they're bumps. Ads automatically expire after two weeks; if you delete your old ad and repost it prior to that two weeks, that's called "bumping", and your new ad will be deleted. If you have changes to make to your ad, use the "edit" function and change your ad; do not delete it and repost it.

Commercial posts are allowed in the vendor section only, and only by vendors registered on this site. Commercial posts elsewhere, will be deleted. If you are selling nothing but banner ad space, that's still a commercial post.

As a general rule of thumb, putting up a link to your ebay auction, is a commercial post.

Examples:

If I post an ad saying "Check out this new Rockstomper product" with a clicky-link to the page where it is, that's a commercial post. Similarly, "Check out my new website" is also a commercial post--even if my new website doesn't even have product on it. Those posts, being that they're about 4x4-related stuff, can be in the vendor section, only; anywhere else, and they'll be deleted.

If I post a thread of "Check out the progress on such-n-such project", that's generally not regarded as commercial, assuming that it's a 4x4-based project.

If I post a thread saying "Check out this new widget I bought from Snuffleupagus Ent" and a pic, link, info, etc., that's generally not a commercial post, and would be allowed in the appropriate section of the site. If Snuffy Ent.'s widget doesn't fit 4x4's, then the appropriate place for it is ChitChat, or another board entirely.

If I put a line in my sig that says "check out my website at www.myspiffynewdomainname.com" and then go about my day discussing other things on the board, that's perfectly acceptable. Just remember to keep your sig to no more than five lines.

Repeat offenders of any of these situations, will have their accounts disabled, either temporarily or permanently. Severe repeat offenders may be banned by IP instead of username (yes, we can track that stuff); generally speaking, stuff like threats of violence, which are illegal in the real world, are just as unacceptable here, and every piece of info this site has on you, may be turned over to the police in such an instance.

Now... in regards to the "I'd really appreciate a PM when you guys..." stuff...
As I type this, there are a couple deleted threads in ChitChat, a couple in Gen4x4, at least one in LandUse, probably 3-5 in each of the for-sale forums, entirely on the front page of each of those forums. Additionally, we usually get a couple moderator alerts (that's what the "report bad post" button does) a day. Somebody on the moderator staff reads nearly every active thread, every day, at some point... and a good half or so of the mod staff, does so via dialup.

Further, about 2/3's of the time that I've passed along the reason in the delete box to somebody, they've seen fit to debate it. If it was deleted, it was deleted for a reason, and we're not going to undelete it because you disagree with the reason. The mods, if we're not sure of something, will bounce it off another mod (or off Eric directly) before we take action.

Damage, Inc.
January 6th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I got kicked for two weeks because I deleted then attempted to repost my T18 for sale...rules got updated and I didn't read them. Oh well...I actually kind of like the two-week expire thing, except it'd make it nice if you could delete them. ;)

EDIT: And thanks to the mods for not perma-banning my arse! :D

Camp
January 6th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I got kicked for two weeks because I deleted then attempted to repost my T18 for sale...rules got updated and I didn't read them. Oh well...I actually kind of like the two-week expire thing, except it'd make it nice if you could delete them. ;)

EDIT: And thanks to the mods for not perma-banning my arse! :DYou can delete your adds, you just can't delete them in order to bump them. If you have sold your item, please do delete it by going to "Thread Tools" and selecting "Delete Thread". ;)

al24
January 6th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I've posted a couple of links to auctions that I get in emails. They end up getting deleted, is that because they're classified as commercial?
I usually post em if they have tools or other stuff of interest to the 4X4 community.
And if they are considered commercial how does my post differ from the stuff like "4 wheel parts has a big sale on tow straps"?

Camp
January 7th, 2005, 11:13 AM
That is advertising for a non-approved vendor or someone running an action that is not a member of the board. We also do not allow members of the board to post their own auctions so, posting them for someone else, even if you don't know them, is not allowed.

SNOWMAN
January 13th, 2005, 02:39 PM
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

Can somebody explain this to me? Went to post a trailer for sale and suddenly can't post pics.

longboy
January 13th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Can somebody explain this to me? Went to post a trailer for sale and suddenly can't post pics.

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/subscriptions.php?

Camp
January 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM

Only blue star members can host pictures on the board. You should still be able to host pictures elsewhere and link them here.

Haire Ball
April 5th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Found it:
Rule 4

All ads must contain a price. Even if it's "best offer", give a ballpark starting point. Linking to Ebay auctions is prohibitied as they do not have a specific price.

Zed Mikey
April 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM
That means you can say "$100 or best offer." You can not just say "Best offer." $100 obo is a price... best offer is not. Just saying best offer does not provide the ballpark starting point referred to in the posting rule.

Haire Ball
April 5th, 2005, 06:01 PM
It happened a few weeks ago when I had several adds posted. I think it was for a 1989 Blazer. I reposted the add and then it stayed up. I had several adds up then and it might have happened to one of those instead. My deleted post is not the problem.

It wasn't a big deal at the time but now I'm confused about the rule. Scotts sticky says ""I paid $100, make me an offer" is not a price", but the rule says to give a ballpark. It sounds like that's exactly what this person did.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this but we need to relax a bit. I'm not picking on Scott, in fact I know him personally. He loaned my club, The Auraria RockCrawlers, a ramp for a booth we set up last spring. He's a great guy!

Do we really care if someone only meets 98% of the posting criteria once in a while? This board is supposed to be for fun. We need to remember that.

Steve (Haire Ball)

Eric
April 5th, 2005, 06:18 PM
It wasn't a big deal at the time but now I'm confused about the rule. Scotts sticky says ""I paid $100, make me an offer" is not a price", but the rule says to give a ballpark. It sounds like that's exactly what this person did.

You never get what you paid for it, so this is really no different than just saying "best offer". The first question from any buyer is going to be "how much do you want for it" and that's what the rule in question is trying to prevent. What you paid for it is interesting info for the buyer and it can even help a sale if your asking price is significantly less than what you paid (emphasizes a "good deal"), but you must to specify an asking price.

I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this but we need to relax a bit. Do we really care if someone only meets 98% of the posting criteria once in a while? This board is supposed to be for fun. We need to remember that.

The rules were created specifically to make it easier and "more fun" for the buyer AND seller. How fun is it when you receive a bunch of emails and they all say "how much?" You know what you want for it, there's no reason to keep that a secret, and it only takes a couple seconds to just lay it out there and actually tell people how much you want for it. Being lazy doesn't always equate to "fun". I'm not saying that was true in this particular case, I can understand the confusion and I hope that the intention of the rule is clearer now. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

jdogg4
May 25th, 2005, 07:11 PM
So the mods have the time to read and close a post but can't reply to any of them to let me know how I stepped on some toes. I'll just pm eric I guess sorry for the inconveince.

thank you

signed

Big fan of dogs.

Steve
May 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM
So the mods have the time to read and close a post but can't reply to any of them to let me know how I stepped on some toes. I'll just pm eric I guess sorry for the inconveince.

thank you

signed

Big fan of dogs.
I didn't delete your first thread, so I can't give you an answer. However, it is ALWAYS better to send a PM asking "why was my post/thread deleted?" than posting it like this.

Camp
May 26th, 2005, 07:00 AM
Your original thread was deleted because one of the mods felt it was inappropriate. That is the job of the mods here, to determine what needs to be here and what doesn't.

If you feel your thread was deleted unfairly, then you are welcome to contact Eric or myself. When we have time, we will attempt to find the deleted thread and determine why it was deleted, providing you with an explaination. Note, I said when we have time. Don't expect an immediate response as we both have very busy jobs that consume most of our daytime hours.

Putting a thread on the board to whine about a thread being deleted and attract the simpathy of the members is not the best forum for asking the question.

Shepper
May 26th, 2005, 10:05 AM
just post the link in your sig

Camp
May 26th, 2005, 10:07 AM
just post the link in your sig

NO, don't.

Scott@Rockstomper
May 26th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Thank you for so perfectly illustrating why we don't PM you when we delete your stuff: Everybody thinks their "special circumstances" mean that they can post whatever, wherever, whenever. We may have time to send a PM; we don't have time to dispute it back and forth.

As for your original post:
I dug it up.
I read it.
I read the linked page.

Your buddy's dog is sick/injured.
He got it taken care of.
He doesn't have the money to pay the bill.
He's asking for help (soliciting for money) in paying the bill.

Soliciting for money is commercial.

If you have a charity, soliciting for money/help/donations is sometimes permitted here. Toys for Tots is a specific example of where COHVCO, the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs, and a number of other four-wheeling-related (and specifically endorsed by this site) entities get together for a specific charitable event. You mention other "charities"; I haven't seen any posts for other charities, but it's entirely possible that special events fundraisers for specific charities, might be permitted within the "staging area" forum.

Your buddy is not a charity; he's a guy with a sick/injured dog.

At best, being generous, it's a commercial post.

To be frank, it looks more like the electronic version of standing on Colfax with a couple pics of a dog and a cardboard sign that says "sick dog, please help". That's just simple panhandling.

Scott@Rockstomper
June 13th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Just as an added update:
General4x4 is not an appropriate forum for "Where can I get the best price on..." questions.
In fact, there's no appropriate forum on this board for that.

Scott@Rockstomper
June 13th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Well then how am I gonna find the best price on...?

Any of several methods will work; here's two:

Click on the Vendor Showcase (http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=24), and contact some of the fine suppliers in there; they support the board, and on that note alone are worth buying from even if they don't sell what you're after for 50 cents less than the next guy.

If that doesn't work, I think the next place I'd try would be the Yellow Pages (http://www.dexonline.com).

jiddup
June 13th, 2005, 06:55 PM
yeah but the whole point of asking is to also get good or bad feedback from people that have bought this product...some may say I got the best deal here and it was the best product...some may say i got a good deal here but bad product. I dont understand that rule in any fashion..this is a 4x4 website....suppose to be here to help each other out. this is a very tick tack rule.

Scott@Rockstomper
June 13th, 2005, 07:22 PM
yeah but the whole point of asking is to also get good or bad feedback from people that have bought this product...some may say I got the best deal here and it was the best product...some may say i got a good deal here but bad product. I dont understand that rule in any fashion..this is a 4x4 website....suppose to be here to help each other out. this is a very tick tack rule.

So if you want to ask for feedback, ask for feedback. There's even a review subforum in Gen4x4 for exactly that.

Price check is not tech.

Examples for those who still aren't following:

"Anybody know anything about Johnny Joints?" is appropriate 4x4 discussion.

"Where can I get the best price on a 9/16 Johnny Joint?" is solely price shopping (just as commercial as a vendor posting an ad for a part), and has no place in a forum intended for technical discussion.

Crazy Legs
July 18th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Just as an added update:
General4x4 is not an appropriate forum for "Where can I get the best price on..." questions.
In fact, there's no appropriate forum on this board for that.

So how is the thread asking how much Dynatrac charges not considered a commercial site?

Cresso
July 18th, 2005, 01:33 PM
So how is the thread asking how much Dynatrac charges not considered a commercial site?

The thread about Dynatrac is asking for information not listed on the website. Previous customers would have a ballpark, hence the question. Additionally, it looks to me like the poster is looking for opinions on whether it's worth it. That's not a straight-forward price check.

If there are posts you think we missed, please make use of the Report Post function, found in the lower left corner of every post. Looks like a red and white hazard sign. We have lives, too, so we can't monitor everything all the time.

Steve
December 15th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I would have thought this would be pretty common sense, but apparently it's not, so:

If your post/thread was deleted and you didn't do it, that means it was deleted by a moderator. If you want to know why, PM one of the mods - DO NOT start a new thread asking "Why was my post/thread deleted?" That new thread will get deleted without a reply. :rolleyes:

Scott@Rockstomper
March 3rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
If we move your thread, the board will send you a PM letting you know where we put it; as long as there's room in your inbox and you haven't disabled PM's, it'll let you know what happened. ;)

It still doesn't tell you when we delete stuff, but relatively speaking, very little outside of the Classifieds gets deleted. Of what's deleted in the Classifieds, it's almost invariably for not following the rules (which, as I understand, now come up automatically for review every time somebody goes to post a new ad).

Camp
June 16th, 2006, 05:21 PM
All:

I had a post about a product that someone spotted with a good price. Being 4x4 related, I put it in the General 4x4 section. It mysteriously disappeared without a PM sent to me or anything. What gives?

So if someone finds a good deal on something, I can't hear about it unless it's an approved vendor? Frankly, I'm glad I spotted the thread about the product in another local 4x4 board that I frequent...

It was deleted because that was free advertisment for a non-approved vendor of our board. We have always deleted threads like that. That brings the commercial aspect into the board, which Eric has specifically stated he does not want. Think what the board would be like if someone started a thread every time they found a part that they thought was a good price. I bet Gen 4x would be real useful then:shrug: That also opens the door to everyone who has a buddy who is making parts out of his garage or owns a legitimate business that is not supporting our board to have his items pimped by his buddies. Not allowed.

We have never said we are going to send everyone a PM that gets a post deleted. It is pretty clearly spelled out in this thread you posted in, if you don't know why your thread was deleted, then PM one of the mods, not create a new thread asking why or reposting the thread that was deleted or posting in other threads complaining about it. Those statements are a generalization and have been stated earlier in this thread so, I'm just reiterating. Don't take the comments personally as they are not meant to be.

Steve
August 22nd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Based on a couple of threads that got deleted in the past week, it's time to add this: If you want to post up pics, video, or simply a text thread to make fun of a specific brand of vehicle and its capabilities - like, say, a H2 - DON'T. That thread will get deleted; it's not welcome here.

Jason
November 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
I take it Gif style movement Pics are a nono?

Steve
November 2nd, 2006, 09:25 PM
I take it Gif style movement Pics are a nono?
They're fine as long as they don't also have the F word prominently featured in print on them.

IronMonkey
November 12th, 2006, 12:37 AM
So I take it now that if I find something on a non-commercial site like craigslist that I found funny (in this instance a 4 wheelin' toy for sale) this post isn't allowed because it is interpreted that I'm somehow promoting the sale of this item? Maybe I should have simply said "wow this thing is hilarious, or cool, or whatever, but I'm not the one selling it nor do I know who is".

Does this mean there's nowhere on this board to point to something being sold on a non-commerical site (craigslist is non-commercial, and that's frankly non-debateable) and making any kind of commentary about it?

Steve
November 12th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Does this mean there's nowhere on this board to point to something being sold on a non-commerical site (craigslist is non-commercial, and that's frankly non-debateable) and making any kind of commentary about it?
Yep, you got it correct. Any ebay, CL, etc. advertisment linked in a post anywhere on the board, except in the VIP Forum, gets axed.

Update: CL links are allowed in the Classifieds, so long as the Classified forum rules are still followed. Ebay links anywhere outside the VIP Lounge will still be deleted.

05Willys
April 8th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I hae puzzled over why one of my posts was deleted for a while now. I had posted pics and commentary on my new T&T LA and exhaust from Hank. Both are supporting vendors, so I didn't see the problem. I should have placed it in the review section, but rater than move it there it was deleted. I would simply PM and ask about this, but as I understand it, this thread is for clarifying posting rules.
If you can help me to understand what I did wrong I will be sure to not repeat.
Thanks

Camp
April 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I have no idea what thread it was but, I suspect I'm likely to be the deleter. From the sounds of what your thread may have been about, it was a vendor review. We do not allow vendor reviews on the board. The review sections are for product reviews.

Steve
July 26th, 2007, 10:26 PM
If you want to start a thread whining about a classified ad here for any reason, don't. It will be deleted and the thread starter won't get a nice PM telling them why. If there's a problem with an ad, PM a moderator or send an alert, but don't start a thread to badmouth the seller or the ad.

CJesse7
July 27th, 2007, 10:48 PM
If you want to start a thread whining about a classified ad here for any reason, don't. It will be deleted and the thread starter won't get a nice PM telling them why. If there's a problem with an ad, PM a moderator or send an alert, but don't start a thread to badmouth the seller or the ad.

If you do end up finding an ad like you state above and like the post that was deleted yesterday and end up PMing you or another mod. What will happen to the ad? TIA

Jess

Steve
July 27th, 2007, 11:17 PM
If you do end up finding an ad like you state above and like the post that was deleted yesterday and end up PMing you or another mod. What will happen to the ad?

If it's an isolated instance where a member bought something and is reselling it for a profit, nothing. It's not against the rules. If it's repetitive, the ads will probably be deleted, and in extreme cases the member will be banned from either the Classifieds or the entire board.

Ads that don't follow the rules, which you agree to every time you post something in the Classifieds, are deleted as soon as one of the mods knows about it.

Cresso
December 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM
cool steve thanks for letting me know. any other way to contact eric about the vender issue or is PMs the only way?

The "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page will generate an email to Eric.

Steve
August 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Shouldn't need to be said, especially for premium members, but DO NOT post NSFW stuff in Chit Chat. It WILL get deleted or, if a mod is feeling especially nice, moved to the NSFW forum. It may also result in the ban stick coming out and/or the entire thread being deleted.

Volcom
February 24th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Who's the mod of the Trail Talk section? I've had 2 posts about an off-road park south of Pueblo get deleted and wanted to know why.

CLYDE
February 24th, 2009, 09:02 AM
because the offroad park is not a vendor, if they want the plug, and advertising, they can talk to the boss and get on the board.. If it was a run in staging area, would be a different thing. but they dont get free advertising any more than either of the other two parks get.

Volcom
February 24th, 2009, 09:28 AM
because the offroad park is not a vendor, if they want the plug, and advertising, they can talk to the boss and get on the board.. If it was a run in staging area, would be a different thing. but they dont get free advertising any more than either of the other two parks get.

Never though about an off-road park as a vendor :rolleyes: This place isn't even build yet, I was just trying to get more info if it was actually going to be build, terrain, etc..

Steve
February 24th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Never though about an off-road park as a vendor :rolleyes:

An off road park that charges admission is a business. Period.

CORE is (or at least was, dunno right now) a vendor, which allowed him to advertise. There have been numerous threads about a new park south of Pueblo here that have been deleted for this very reason. I believe Stumpalump knows about this park and its owner; he was going to talk to them about becoming a vendor. Not sure what became of that. PM him for info.

Volcom
March 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM
An off road park that charges admission is a business. Period.

CORE is (or at least was, dunno right now) a vendor, which allowed him to advertise. There have been numerous threads about a new park south of Pueblo here that have been deleted for this very reason. I believe Stumpalump knows about this park and its owner; he was going to talk to them about becoming a vendor. Not sure what became of that. PM him for info.

OK going back and reading the 2nd post by Rockstomer, I still don't understand why talking about an off-road park that doesn't even exist yet violates your vendor policy

"Examples:

If I post an ad saying "Check out this new Rockstomper product" with a clicky-link to the page where it is, that's a commercial post. Similarly, "Check out my new website" is also a commercial post--even if my new website doesn't even have product on it. Those posts, being that they're about 4x4-related stuff, can be in the vendor section, only; anywhere else, and they'll be deleted.

If I post a thread of "Check out the progress on such-n-such project", that's generally not regarded as commercial, assuming that it's a 4x4-based project.

If I post a thread saying "Check out this new widget I bought from Snuffleupagus Ent" and a pic, link, info, etc., that's generally not a commercial post, and would be allowed in the appropriate section of the site. If Snuffy Ent.'s widget doesn't fit 4x4's, then the appropriate place for it is ChitChat, or another board entirely."

I never posted a link to a webpage of this off-road park (because they don't even have one yet :shrug:). People talk about Jeep, Toyota, Ford, and Int. Scout stuff all the time but they don't have a vendor status :shrug: :flipoff2:

Suki
March 12th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Haaaaaaay, where'd MY thread go? anything that i've posted today is gone!

Did i break a rule, offend someone, vote for obama, what???

Cresso
March 13th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Haaaaaaay, where'd MY thread go? anything that i've posted today is gone!

Did i break a rule, offend someone, vote for obama, what???

As noted on the first page (post #34):

Any ebay, CL, etc. advertisment linked in a post anywhere on the board, except in the VIP Forum, gets axed.

Suki
March 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
As noted on the first page (post #34):

ohhhhh...

Steve
March 16th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Clarification from Eric about CL links: They're allowed in the VIP Lounge, and in Classified ads so long as the ad has the necessary information to comply with the rules. If it's just a CL link and price in the ad it will be deleted. CL links anywhere else on the board are not allowed and will be deleted.

Livingwater
May 10th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Where can we post about this?

Steve
May 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
You can post experiences and issues, but you CAN'T simply post a rant. The title of the deleted thread was "Stay away from Crazy Ed's in Colorado Springs." That's not posting about issues or experiences, that's ranting and attempting to hurt a business. There's a very big difference. The deleted thread was, as most of these kinds of threads, very long on opinions and almost totally lacking in facts to back them up.

Steve
May 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Positive reviews of vendors or their work are NEVER allowed here per Eric. If we allow negative ones, is that fair to the vendor? No, it clearly is not. If a person has a bad experience with a vendor, and 100 people have good ones, should we allow 101 threads about that particular vendor? What purpose could that possible serve? The answer is none.

If a vendor is doing dangerous work and you have photos, post them. If you simply don't like the service from a vendor (supporting or not) DON'T post it as it always turns into bashing and will be deleted.

Lastly, these are Eric's rules. If you don't like them or how they're enforced, feel free to PM or email Eric. Good luck with that.

Mark
May 10th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm just trying to get clarification of the rules, since they're rather fuzzy.

I personally have no problems one way or the other as to whether or not vendor reviews are allowed. What I don't understand, is why it's alright to provide facts about a non-supporting vendor (such as the Frank/Tanner thread), but its apparently not okay for a supporting vendor? If someone had receipts, or other supporting evidence, proving that a supporting vendor of CO4x4 was not holding up their end of an agreement, would it be okay to post that information? It's a simple yes or no question, really.

If no negative reviews of supporting vendors are permitted, that's fine - just make it a blatant, stated rule. Don't be all wishy-washy on the subject.

BTW - For those who are interested, hopefully emailing Eric would have better results than PMing him, as he's currently not responding to PM's.

Cresso
May 10th, 2009, 10:57 PM
What we've allowed in the past and what I suspect Eric will allow going forward is very specific incidents where a vendor/consumer transaction has gone wrong and the consumer has done everything possible to fix the transaction without reciprocity on the part of the vendor. These steps would have to be documented and presented when the thread is posted. We'd probably lock such a thread down pretty quick to make sure only legitimate information is posted, instead of the usual peanut gallery commentary. We're looking for resolution, not bashing.

The intent here is to ensure that the vendor is not being misrepresented. A little negative feedback can cause a lot of damage to a vendor, yet it may be completely unwarranted. The moderator team is not responsible for verifying the accuracy of consumer claims, so it's usually safer to remove all threads than to assume the truth is being told even though we often only see one side of the story. With enough supporting evidence and in particularly egregious circumstances, we'd let the thread live. Snotty's thread about his T&T suspension problems (and resolution) come to mind.

In this particular case, no evidence was submitted. From a subjective standpoint (unfortunately, all cases will eventually be subjective), not nearly enough was done to rectify the situation before airing dirty laundry.

As always, if the poster disagrees with the mods over a removed thread, the appropriate method for addressing it is to privately contact a mod or Eric.

LONEWOLF
June 30th, 2009, 09:02 PM
So why was my Mexican word thread deleted. It wasn't dirty and more tasteful than the MJ jokes thread. Don't get what was wrong with it.
Thanks

CLYDE
June 30th, 2009, 09:28 PM
racial jokes dont do well here.

cherokeerunner
August 7th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yep, you got it correct. Any ebay, CL, etc. advertisment linked in a post anywhere on the board, except in the VIP Forum, gets axed.

Update: CL links are allowed in the Classifieds, so long as the Classified forum rules are still followed. Ebay links anywhere outside the VIP Lounge will still be deleted.

I was looking something that I need, and another person on the board found it when I was unable to on CL, if they are going to send me the link to the posting, should they just do it through a PM then?

Just want to make sure that if I send someone a link like that, that they actually get it as I know that I appreciated the help and I believe that they would as well.

Cresso
August 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I was looking something that I need, and another person on the board found it when I was unable to on CL, if they are going to send me the link to the posting, should they just do it through a PM then?

Just want to make sure that if I send someone a link like that, that they actually get it as I know that I appreciated the help and I believe that they would as well.

Yep, a PM would be the way to go.

Mojo_Risin
January 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
I guess promoting a local food business in the general chit chat section is a no no - since my thread went bye bye.

ColoradoSkier
January 6th, 2012, 01:00 PM
I guess promoting a local food business in the general chit chat section is a no no - since my thread went bye bye.

You got it, unless they buy a wrench.

Mojo_Risin
January 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
You got it, unless they buy a wrench.

I guess I figured since it WAS NOT a 4x4 related product/service then it didn't compete against paid vendors of the site that it would be fine... I mean a lot of people on here often ask recommendations on where to get a bite to eat. :shrug: Oh well.

ColoradoSkier
January 6th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I guess I figured since it WAS NOT a 4x4 related product/service then it didn't compete against paid vendors of the site that it would be fine... I mean a lot of people on here often ask recommendations on where to get a bite to eat. :shrug: Oh well.

Not my policy, and I don't agree with it. Just providing clarification to your question.

So, if I were to ask a generic question about food trucks, you could certainly jump in.

Steve
January 6th, 2012, 02:04 PM
So, if I were to ask a generic question about food trucks, you could certainly jump in.

No, don't do that, it would still be advertising.

The policy here is that advertising isn't permitted anywhere, except in the vendor forums by registered vendors. They're not even allowed to advertise in other forums. I know CS and others don't agree with that policy, but if we allowed advertising in any forum for any kind of business, this board would quickly become nothing but advertising once companies found out they could join and advertise their services here.

Steve
February 8th, 2013, 12:24 PM
It seems a reminder is in order due to a variety of posts and threads lately. NSFW stuff, whether pics or language, doesn't belong in Chit Chat anywhere.

creepycrawler
February 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM
It seems a reminder is in order due to a variety of posts and threads lately. NSFW stuff, whether pics or language, doesn't belong in Chit Chat anywhere.

I dont have somebody at work telling me what is or isnt safe. Is a girl in a bikini safe for work?

CLYDE
February 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM
depends on the bikini....

CLYDE
February 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM
and the girl....

birddog59
February 28th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Just to get it straight, what exactly is the new bikini policy?

Steve
February 28th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Just to get it straight, what exactly is the new bikini policy?

There is no written policy John. If a pic would/could get you in trouble if it was on your computer screen at work and your boss or coworker saw it, it's not allowed here except in the NSFW forum.

birddog59
February 28th, 2013, 09:31 PM
There is no written policy John. If a pic would/could get you in trouble if it was on your computer screen at work and your boss or coworker saw it, it's not allowed here except in the NSFW forum.

Ok, thank you. I did not mean to cross the line. No need to answer my query in the fringe. :beer:

Steve
March 1st, 2013, 04:32 PM
If a thread is about what's going on with CO state law or federal law, Chit Chat is fine since it's of more general interest. All other firearm related threads should go in the Firing Range forum.

:beer:

Trango
March 1st, 2013, 04:43 PM

I don't mind a NSFW link, with a specific note that it is NSFW - that's fine. However, NSFW images that are prominent are what would get me fired if I open it up at my place of employment.