PDA

View Full Version : payload height limits.

SUPERGILDO43
March 4th, 2008, 07:09 PM
how high can I have a boom for a lift when driving down the road. my truck bed is probably 3.5-4 feet off the ground and the height of the boom is about 6 feet. is that legal?

Tom N
March 4th, 2008, 07:37 PM
I have driven down the road with a boom 13 ft high. 12 ft is safer, you don't have to go to the sides of the road to avoid low electrical lines.:D I brought home a trailer frame once standing upright on my back bumper. I just clipped a low powerline so it must of been too high. So I think you will be fine.:)

Think about how high insulation truck racks are.

Mark
March 4th, 2008, 09:06 PM
13' 6" is regulation. That doesn't mean you won't get caught in trees, power lines & other riff raff on residential streets.

Also doesn't mean you won't get ticketed for unsafe load.

CLYDE
March 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
actually your legal to 14' in Colorado. but pay attention, cause not everything is that high, especially in residential areas. sounds like you are way under that tho.

SUPERGILDO43
March 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I should be ok but I will take a final measurement and of course I will be cautious to low hanging objects...

thanks guys, especially clyde ;)

BumperMan
March 5th, 2008, 04:08 AM
how high can I have a boom for a lift when driving down the road. my truck bed is probably 3.5-4 feet off the ground and the height of the boom is about 6 feet. is that legal?

Dude my blazer is over 7 feet high.