PDA

View Full Version : ELF whackjobs strike again

Big Dave
March 3rd, 2008, 08:44 AM
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_030308WAB_street_dreams_fires_LJ.1a79d3a7.html

Breaking news: Four 'Street of Dream' homes burned by blaze http://www.king5.com/images/icon_video.gif

07:40 AM PST on Monday, March 3, 2008

By TIM ROBINSON / KING 5 News and Associated Press

WOODINVILLE, Wash. - An early morning fire still burning at the "Street of Dreams" model luxury home development in Echo Lake just north of Woodinville has destroyed at least three homes, and officials believe a well-known arsonist group is responsible.
No injuries have been reported in the three-alarm fire, which started around 4 a.m. Monday.
Snohomish County District Seven Chief Rick Eastman said a sign saying ELF was left at the scene. ELF or Earth Liberation Front has claimed responsibility for other arsons, including one at the University of Washington in 2001 for which a woman is now on trial in Tacoma.
Eastman said some of the homes were still under construction and no one was living in the homes at the time. Three homes were completely destroyed and one home suffered damaged. Eastman said fires also were set at a total of six homes.
Eastman said that the fires were suspicious because they were set in multiple places in separate homes. Firefighters were letting the fires burn out for fear they could possibly be booby-trapped.
http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/M_IMAGE.1185a805c34.93.88.fa.d0.1ab65f03.jpg KING
This 5-ft.-by-5-ft. note signed by ELF was discovered near the fire scene.

"I'm not letting crews get in the buildings. It's a defensive fire right now," said Eastman. "We heard several explosions inside of there, so we're not sending any crews in for the fear that they are booby trapped...We're in a contain mode."
A 5-ft. by 5-ft. sign found nearby the scene read "Built Green? Nope BLACK! McMansions + RCD's r not green. ELF" RCD means rural cluter development.
Eastman says police and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives were investigating.
The Street of Dreams is an annual showcase of luxury homes in the Seattle area. The latest development is off Highway 522 at Echo Lake Drive.

Yucca-Man
March 3rd, 2008, 08:49 AM
That's right - burn it down. Wonder how many hydrocarbons and carbons and toxic plastics are going to get released into the atmosphere with that kind of brilliance? :rolleyes:

Big Dave
March 3rd, 2008, 08:50 AM
Not to mention the number of trees that will be cut down to rebuild those houses.

Oscar
March 3rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Those guys are nuts we supect they were the one who put pipebombs on the trail gate in Oregon several years ago and the burned up a couple of Hummers at the dealer in Spokane. Not mention the tree spiking they are doing trying hurt/kill the loggers.

Mack
March 3rd, 2008, 09:30 AM
Those guys are nuts we supect they were the one who put pipebombs on the trail gate in Oregon several years ago and the burned up a couple of Hummers at the dealer in Spokane. Not mention the tree spiking they are doing trying hurt/kill the loggers.

Don't forget the Lodge Burning in CO.

Oscar
March 3rd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Wasn't here for that one

ColoradoXJ
March 3rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
what a joke. these guys take environmental conciousness and completely run the opposite direction with it in some sick sort of b.s. publicity stunt. :mad:

Don't forget the Lodge Burning in CO.

fawkin basturds. :flipoff: that lodge was incredible

shunt
March 3rd, 2008, 09:43 AM
Friggin' idiots.....These people have a mental disorder....:thumbsdown:

Oscar
March 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM
Hey Justin look at Shunts AVI

Yota
March 3rd, 2008, 12:52 PM
Damn little pointy-eared bastards.

jeeplvr79
March 3rd, 2008, 01:34 PM

:lmao:

MountainJeep
March 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
deal with them the same way we deal with all terrorists. KOS!

Yucca-Man
March 3rd, 2008, 03:00 PM
I wonder when ELF, ALF, and other domestic terror groups will be recognized as such. It's only a matter of time 'til the Patriot Act really fires up to get used domestically.

bsaunder
March 3rd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Actually ELF was classified as a terrorist organization and the majority of the people that were responsible for the dealership fires and the Vail fire were all arrested and put in jail. The only problem is while a few were an organized group, the majority of "ELF" was really a random bunch of people with no affiliation or organization between them that decided to use the ELF calling card. When you have something like that, its fairly hard to treat them as a group or organization; amongst the really radical and disturbed that use the ELF signature, it is really no different than the 420 signature of another "group" of people.

shunt
March 3rd, 2008, 05:46 PM

Uh Oh, I'm missing something......................:shrug:

jeeplvr79
March 3rd, 2008, 09:13 PM
Uh Oh, I'm missing something......................:shrug:

Justin's nickname is Yeti :cool:

TheCopperCowboy
March 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
How about flipping the coin. Large, overpriced McMansions and a group of nervous investors in a tanking real estate market. I'm sure they were insured for the total cost for the build-out of the developement. ;)

ColoradoXJ
March 4th, 2008, 02:58 AM
:flipoff2:

bastards.

Pilot
March 4th, 2008, 05:36 AM
bastards.

Sons of Bitches.

ArloGuthroJeep
March 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM
fawkin basturds. :flipoff: that lodge was incredible

They built a bigger, better lodge in its place...what is the issue with that? We should thank them:cool:

Slacker
March 4th, 2008, 07:49 AM
How about flipping the coin. Large, overpriced McMansions and a group of nervous investors in a tanking real estate market. I'm sure they were insured for the total cost for the build-out of the developement. ;)

I would have to disagree with this train of thought. The developers/builders want to have 100,000 people tour their development/homes over the course of the show. A high percentage of the people will be qualified buyers. It's a marketing tool (albeit a very expensive one) for selling more homes in their development. Which is especially important when the market is tanked. The developers/builders have more to lose by NOT having the parade of homes than the cost of any insured buned out home. The ELF's (in their misguided way) are trying to stop the show which (in their twisted version of saving the environment) will slow down or stop the development.

My 2 cents.....ELF's are the debil.....:thumbsdown:

Funrover
March 4th, 2008, 07:56 AM
What a bunch of idiots. What are they doing to actually help?

ColoradoXJ
March 4th, 2008, 10:42 AM
They built a bigger, better lodge in its place...what is the issue with that? We should thank them:cool:

while i agree i do love the new lodge, i don't really think torchin the old one was the best idea... ELF didn't need to torch the gondola at keystone and it's being replaced/expanded this summer... :P

you know vail woulda expanded and modified that lodge anyway...