PDA

View Full Version : Worst Rated

Camp
March 3rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Must be a Jeep thing that I don't understand :D

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0802/gallery.2008_cr_worst_cars/index.html?cnn=yes

Camp
March 3rd, 2008, 08:16 AM
Gotta love when they list "None" in the "Highs" catagory for a vehicle :D

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0802/gallery.2008_cr_worst_cars/5.html

Mack
March 3rd, 2008, 08:23 AM
Consumer Reports has not yet tested the Aveo sedan.

Fairly certain, that means you shouldn't be passing judgement, CR :rolleyes:

Leon Phelps
Lots of Chrysler abortions made that list. Hmmm go figure on the timely death.

Iacocca needs to come and save the day again with a modern K car.

Steve
Must be a Jeep thing that I don't understand :D

While Jeep boasts that it sells to more owners who actually drive off-road than any other brand, the majority still spend most of their time on pavement.

Score: 17 (out of 100)
Highs: Off-road ability
Lows: Ride, handling, braking, noise, fuel economy, fit and finish, visibility, frontseat comfort, access, reliability...

Wow, 17 out of 100. Nice. :P

Hippie
March 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
:feedtroll: :PostWhore: :flipoff2:

Xtremjeepn-Cole Ford
March 3rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
If you look back through history you will find that the Wrangler/CJ has almsot ALWAYS been on that list.

They always beat it up for ride quality and features. It really is to be expected since they are comparing it to CARS designed with more creature comfort features in the same price point.

I don't know why this is a surprise to anyone. Jeep did not even offer power windows and locks until this generation while vehicles it "technically" competes against in the market had that stuff over a decade ago.

Dave McDonald
March 3rd, 2008, 08:30 AM
"Consumer Reports performs off-road testing" There's yer problem. Take a Wrangler, slap a Toyota badge on it, and CR will tout it as the best thing since the invention of fire, and likely to cause orgasms when driving it.

I think CR is owned by a secret consortium of Japanese auto makers.

OrangeCrush
March 3rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
they want every vehicle to fit the template of a cushy toyota camry owners dream

Camp
March 3rd, 2008, 08:40 AM
"Consumer Reports performs off-road testing" There's yer problem. Take a Wrangler, slap a Toyota badge on it, and CR will tout it as the best thing since the invention of fire, and likely to cause orgasms when driving it.

I think CR is owned by a secret consortium of Japanese auto makers.

The FJ cruiser made this list :flipoff2:

Dagimp
March 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
The only hit on that scale that meant anything was the reliability score.

And I'm not a jeep guy, but to put that thing into the SUV ratings catagory is lame. SUV = minvan with large tires.

Dave McDonald
March 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
The FJ cruiser made this list :flipoff2:

They gotta sacrifice occasionally to avoid suspicion. Besides, even the Japanese Illuminati know that the FJ is a joke. They're laughing at the US sales numbers - and betting that even if they paint it brown and make it lumpy so it looks even more like a turd, sales would probably go up.

Loki
March 3rd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Just my $.02 but CR testing offroad vehicles, is like 4 Wheel & Off-road taking a Corvette on Black Bear and rating it a poor performer. :flipoff2:

:beer:

newracer
March 3rd, 2008, 09:17 AM
Consumer Reports performs off-road testing at its Connecticut proving grounds, but off-road ability doesn't factor into the final scores.

:beer:

jdbwrx
March 3rd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Dodge Nitro SLT

Highs: None

:D

05Willys
March 3rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
They gotta sacrifice occasionally to avoid suspicion. Besides, even the Japanese Illuminati know that the FJ is a joke. They're laughing at the US sales numbers - and betting that even if they paint it brown and make it lumpy so it looks even more like a turd, sales would probably go up.

Damn, that made me laugh!:hail:

Big Dave
March 3rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Good old Consumer Reports. I don't think there's a bigger waste of ink and paper out there. And that's not just because of this article. I could care less what they think of the new Jeeps.

cjchamp
March 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
"I LIke Turtles!"

sweater
March 3rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
Take a Wrangler, slap a Toyota badge on it, and CR will tout it as the best thing since the invention of fire, and likely to cause orgasms when driving it.

Or, not (http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0802/gallery.2008_cr_worst_cars/6.html).

Cheers,
mike

ZooMad75
March 3rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Given CR's track record on some of the tests they have made (anybody remember the suzuki samurai test?), I don't even consider them a reliable source on anything automotive. As Patches O'Hoolihan says, "it's about as usefull as a poopie flavored lollipop."

Jake_Blues
March 3rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
From the Yaris section of the list:

It actually ranks at the top of the list in both reliability and low cost of ownership, but those factors are not included in Consumer Reports' basic vehicle score.

So, off-road ability, cost of ownership, and reliability are all not included. What the hell ARE they rating them on?

-E

Camp
March 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
So, off-road ability, cost of ownership, and reliability are all not included. What the hell ARE they rating them on?

-E

I thought the same thing when I read that.

I put this up just to see what kind of responses I got. The media cracks me up. So much of the reviews by any company are subjective. I'm sure that Nissan products get good reviews by at least a few of them. I have had a couple of their SUV's for rentals and I can't say that I have ever had a less comfortable seat. My back is too wide for their seat backs, keeping me from getting all the way into the seat so that I am being supported by the side bolesters. I can't hardly walk when I get out of one of those because I am cripled from being supported by my lats and never getting to rest my back. My buddy I lift and work with has the same problem with them. Neither of us will let the rental agency bring us one of those to go on the road with anymore for that reason but, I am sure someone finds their seats great.

D-MASTER
March 3rd, 2008, 01:18 PM
"I LIke Turtles!"

:lmao: i like turtles too...

Oscar
March 3rd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Skinny Japanese probably

Steve
March 3rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
I'm sure that Nissan products get good reviews by at least a few of them. I have had a couple of their SUV's for rentals and I can't say that I have ever had a less comfortable seat.

I can tolerate those. The only car I refuse to ever rent again after renting one once is a PT Cruiser. Biggest POS I've driven in many years.

Valid or not, they compare JPs to other SUVs because that's how most people use them. :shrug:

CannonBall
March 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
it really is subjective I guess, I had a chevy HHR and thought it was a complete POS then I had a PT cruiser and kinda liked it. If someone wanted a small POS car/wagon weird looking thing, I'd suggest the PT over the HHR, can't compare it to the honda or scion versions though.
-Nate

Big Dave
March 3rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I can tolerate those. The only car I refuse to ever rent again after renting one once is a PT Cruiser. Biggest POS I've driven in many years.

Valid or not, they compare JPs to other SUVs because that's how most people use them. :shrug:

PT's are piles of crap. When I was selling Jeep & Chrysler vehicles they had made WAAAAY too many of them after the initial surge and we couldn't get anyone to buy them, even for <$14k for a brand new car. Chrysler Financial ended up "loosening" its lending requirements on PT Cruisiers. So anyone with shittastic credit, we tried to push to a PT so we could get them financed.

I was driving one of 'em once, and I was went to shift from 1st to 2nd the shifter knob came off in my hand. The car had 5 miles on it.

Waifer2112
March 3rd, 2008, 02:11 PM
I guess Grands aren't so bad as all the other Jeep models. Must be all the plushness. :D

Alpine Spirit
March 3rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Yep the only thing that CR is good for is electronics but even then I take it with a grain of salt and use Epinions as well.

tbm5690
March 3rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
What I don't understand is when they're talking about the JK they say it has a poor ride, which of course on road because it's a REAL suv meant for off roading. They also say noise, and they must have Helen Keller testing it because they obviously didn't notice the soft top. Idoits. If suvs don't live up to RAV4 standards then they're crap. Let's see the RAV4 off road, shall we?

Steve
March 3rd, 2008, 05:28 PM
What I don't understand is when they're talking about the JK they say it has a poor ride, which of course on road because it's a REAL suv meant for off roading.

Valid or not, CR tests for how most buyers will use a vehicle. That means they don't put much weight in off road capability for Jeeps because most people who buy them never take them off road. The membership of this board is the exception to the rule, not the rule. :shrug: