PDA

View Full Version : Gas is going up $18 Billion,lol

architect1
February 27th, 2008, 04:42 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/world/article.aspx?storyid=87168

Ya now we get to pay the $18 Billion Fine for the BIG OIL, :shrug: YAAAAA:thumbsup:

Sweet.....

CannonBall
February 27th, 2008, 04:58 PM
That's sick.

Hopefully Bush will veto it if it gets to him. I love this, the dems really don't see that hurting the corps that provide goods to Americans hurts americans.... Back to the thread about liberalism being a mental illness.
-Nate

Camp
February 27th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I like what they are going to do with the money. Tax the oil companies to so they pay for the development of technologies that will cut into their profits once developed. Great plan. :spit: Making them pay for their own demise.

scottycards
February 27th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Who's to say it's their demise?

Didn't they just buy the old Storage Tek facility outside of Boulder for alternative energy development?

This is just a shift towards renewable fuels, and to lessen our dependence on the towelheads.

Believe me, with the cash they've got, they are not going anywhere. They may shift from oil to another source, but they will still be running the show. If anything, the best upside to this will be less foreign dependence on energy- something we all need, and will keep us out of the Middle East.

Steve
February 27th, 2008, 05:11 PM
If there's an upside to it they should be honest and directly tax everyone. Anybody who thinks the oil companies will eat this and not pass it along to consumers is dreaming.

Honesty from Congress, now there's a novel concept. :rolleyes:

scottycards
February 27th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Alert the media- I agree with Steve on an oil topic.

But I'm still in favor of forcing their hand with regards to developing new fuel technologies for the reason of lessening our dependence on unstable foriegn countries that produce oil, if nothing else.

Steve
February 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Alert the media- I agree with Steve on an oil topic.

:P

Even though we probably cancel out each other's votes I suspect we're not that far apart in most of our views. :thumbsup: