PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else?

Colin
February 25th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Been sick for the last month! Whatever I have just won't go away. Hasn't been bad enough to warrant to myself a doctor visit but dam. The last 5 days I've woken up with no voice (thats awesome with a speech class at 9am on MWF).

Girlie has bronchitis, I've enforced a 5 foot rule :flipoff2:

Anyone else?

jeeplvr79
February 25th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Yeppers, seems like it's in my chest and sinuses and even Mucinex isn't getting the crap out. And just when I feel like I'm getting better hits me again. Luckily I've only had to go home early one day so far *fingers crossed*

JeepWheelin02
February 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Yall might wanna go to the doctor. A lot of people at my work have been this way, turned out everyone of them that went to the doctor had Strain B of the flu. They got some antibiotics and were good to go.

ZooMad75
February 25th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I got the stomach flu last month and then came down with what we thought was the B-strain of the nasty flu bug. It actually ended up being that I had pneumonia. It sucked as my temp spiked to 103 and yet was still freezing at the same time. Tylenol knocked the fever out but I went to the doc the next day. Chest exray confirmed pneumonia and I went on antibiotics that night. Took almost 2 weeks to feel better and not have the junk in my lungs feeling anymore. Go get checked out!

ni0h
February 25th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Yall might wanna go to the doctor. A lot of people at my work have been this way, turned out everyone of them that went to the doctor had Strain B of the flu. They got some antibiotics and were good to go.

Wow! What is this new antibiotic that kills viruses?

Apparently there are still doctors who use antibiotics as placebos.

And yes, this flu sucks. It hit me as sneezes on a wednesday morning, progressing to continuous burning in my sinuses, then at 1:30 that afternoon, smacked me like somebody dropping a mattress out the window on me. I staggered home and laid in bed for 6 days... and two weeks later, I still always feel like I'm about to cough.
Now I'm at home taking care of the boy since he came down with it last Wednesday.... maybe it's a Wednesday bug. At least now I can work while I'm here (taking a brief break to sit with him while he's crying).

Steve
February 25th, 2008, 01:58 PM

:laughing:

I had the B strain too, kicked my ass for several days.

JeepWheelin02
February 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM

Never said it got rid of the flu. :flipoff2:

I said they were good to go, meaning it helped with all their symptoms and they were able to work again.

Cresso
February 25th, 2008, 02:03 PM
It went around work here, too. I was basically worthless for about a week and a half. Now, more than 2 weeks later, I'm still congested and weak with constant nausea. I haven't been that sick since I was a young child.

cwkelle
February 25th, 2008, 02:18 PM
i got sick for a week a few days ago, sucked, couldnt eat, drink nuthin, i lost 10pounds and couldnt workout......just now getting better....my votes to see a doctor......i heard they only included one strain of the flu virus this year and in the past they included 3 strains, thats why its so bad, that and dirty people...lol
get better, being sick blows balls

Tom N
February 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Yep, I had a cold that kept coming back for 6 weeks, turned into a sinus infection last week, I am on Day 7 of 10 days of anti-biotics. Used up some of my sickpay too. I finally have had a couple symptom free days in a row.

WhtJeep
February 25th, 2008, 03:04 PM
college campus.....how do you ever expect to NOT get sick when this stuff goes around.

I get sick for a week, it sucks, I get better, then its back a week later. Im hoping im done for this year right now.

csutke
February 25th, 2008, 03:15 PM
yep also getting over a sinus infection, started as a cold then it went "away" and came back as a sinus infection