PDA

View Full Version : downtown crowd and parking

rmjeep
February 22nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
I just landed a job downtown and in the 32 years in colorado I have never worked downtown for more than a day.

Where do people park there motorcycles down here?

LONEWOLF
February 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
good luck

Jeff Mason
February 22nd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Scott - what part of downtown. that will help with the answers.

ZappBranigan
February 22nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
On those rare occasions when I ride my bike to work (which is normally only once a month for my MC club meetings) I park at the garage at the corner of 19th and California Costs $4 a day for motorcycles and it's covered, which is nice. I've parked in some of the "open" lots too but now most of them have gone to these high-tech pay-and-park meters that won't work with motorcycles (because they require you to print out a ticket and then leave that ticket on the dashboard of your car. I suppose you could park a motorcycle there and tape the ticket to the seat of your bike or something but you'd have to trust that some other person wouldn't come along and take it for their own use.)

Otherwise? Light rail, baby! Parking is free...:D

Tiffany
February 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Yeah, good luck with that. No matter where you park it some asshat is going to find a way to fawk with it. Mine was knocked over right in front of my office :mad:

Hardcor4x4
February 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
when i worked down town I took the bus from one of the park n ride lots. just happens to be one 2 miles from my house. I drive 2 miles down 120th ave to the Wagon road PnR jump on the 120X bus and it takes me to the market street station on 17th street and Market street right across the street from my office building. :D Monthly bus pass was $99 (it's $108 now) and saved me tons in gas money and parking fee's. Parking down town is on average $9-$10 a day. My Commute from 120th and Claude to downtown was 35 minutes and I only drive 2 miles. bus driver did the rest.

Dotcom
February 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
light rail all the way, i used to drive the jeep in and it would cost me 5 bucks in gas per day and 145.00 per month to park. Now I park for free at the light rail station and it costs 8 bucks total to go round trip plus I get to read or work I necessary but I have a lot less stress and less miles and wear on the jeep.

formatt
February 23rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
Parking down town is on average $9-$10 a day.

:rolleyes: i pay $5 a day and I'm a block off Larimer Square.

rmjeep
February 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
1700 Lincoln Street - I currently park at 21st and welton 2.25 a day