PDA

View Full Version : Easter Jeep Safari in Jeopardy

Waverous
July 16th, 2004, 11:09 AM
I am posting a message I received about the EJS - which I know some of you frequent, cause I've seen the pictures! ;)
We need to respond to this request:

Please read the following statement. If we all want to continue to enjoy Moab with our friends and family, please send in your thoughts.
What is happening:

Hello everyone, this is Chris long time no write, I am writing to you for your impute! Please read on and send your comments ASAP!!!!

As a Red Rock 4-wheeler Inc. member in good standing I am asking you to send your impute as to why you come to Moab to Jeep during Easter jeep week? There are forces at work that want to make Easter Jeep Safari go away!!! Some feel that it would be better at a different time of the year other than Easter. Some of the other reason, they say:

A negative image of EJS among community and environmental organizations.

I say that the owners of business (For which I own a business) say Bull Shat; I love having all these people in spending money in my friend?s shops! How long shall we kowtow to these environmental morons!!!! We all pay taxes do they pay taxes on there bikes that damage the trails!!???

Environmental damage caused during Easter Jeep Safari.

I say hog wash, is there no other damage done by the Illegal groups that are out there all year long. The red Rock 4-Wheelers pays more than $25,000.00 per year to use those trails for the benefit of all!! (Not just a specific user group). Check to see if ANY OTHER USER GROUP PAYS ANYTHING AT ALL TO THE BLM.

Overcrowding on the trails and in town during the event.

Yes, there is overcrowding at Jeep Safari Big Saturday Weekend the rest of the ten days are busy but not overcrowded, The Moab Police Chief dose not think so nor dose the Sheriff of Grand County both oppose any change!! I have yet to hear ANY MOTEL OWNER complain about being sold out!! Nor have I heard any RESTAURANT OWNER Complain about their place being full every night!!

Well, once again the village Idiots are trying to rule how you spend your money! I for one will fight to the death before I let them change it. But if you give me a reason the change JEEP SAFARI should be change I will understand!! Please use your brain when you respond, I intended to present all your letters to the powers to be!!!

You have the power to keep it or make it go!!!!! USE IT!!!!

Thanks from Chris

Please reply with your comments to this e-mail or e-mail Chris at:
chrisvailchris@aol.com

Cresso
July 16th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Not to nitpick, but I sure hope someone else proofreads this guy's statement before he presents it to "the powers that be". That is some horrible grammar and spelling right there.

My only input on the subject is that EJS has gone beyond just the event that Red Rock Fourwheelers put on. If Red Rock Fourwheelers stopped arranging it, Moab would STILL be swamped with fourwheelers that week for years and years. The only difference would be that it'd be less organized without the club helping.

KINSPINZ
July 16th, 2004, 11:31 AM
didnt have to much to say though i sent a few comments in.

T3N5OR
July 16th, 2004, 12:33 PM
geez, dood. i understand you are trying to help, but you gotta proofread that. some sentences are hard to understand at all.
That being said, I agree with Cresso, even if they removed the official runs and the corporate sponsors, there would still be a ton of people there due to the easter holiday, college, university and even high school breaks, etc. The environmental damage is sad ,but if EJS were to be removed, it may possibly spread more damage throughout the year, as the "renegades" who cause the bulk of the damage would be all coming at different times then, or maybe not. Whether it would be easier to clean up heavily after one event a year, or constantly to a lesser extent over the entire year is something that needs to be considered.

Pioneer
July 16th, 2004, 10:14 PM
I really don't think Waverous (Chris) wrote that:wink:

Waverous
July 16th, 2004, 10:48 PM
I really don't think Waverous (Chris) wrote that:wink:
Thanks "Staff Elf" - it wasn't me - I just forwarded an email I received

Comfortably Numb
July 17th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Well I'm not sure who Chris is, but I seriously doubt that his "appeal" for help is officially sanctioned by RR4W. However, I am not currently a member so I really can't say 100% for sure.

Most of the issues raised in his "message" are true. But the event is not in any danger of being cancelled that I've heard of. There has been some talk about moving it to a differnt time of year, but so far that has only been talk.

As others have already said in this thread, even if EJS were to cease to exist there would be thousands of people showing up here during the week leading up to Easter anyway. Nothing can really be done to prevent them from showing up. The local powers that be are fully aware of this.